toldailytopic: Santorum shocks everyone and vaults to the front of the race. Thoughts

elohiym

What is your preferred approach to abortion?

Who is John Galt?

Try to overrule Roe v Wade?

Done. Nobody seems to notice or care.

You are standing in the way of justice here elo, and it's very frustrating.

Nonsense. I am mocking politics that deserved to be mocked.

I don't care if you don't care for politics or the process, for Santorum it is a necessary step to actually devise a practical solution to this problem.

How many election cycles will it take before you figure out what's really going on? :idunno:

The only solution to abortion lies with Christians and the gospel. Period.

If no Christians had abortions in the U.S., the abortion rate would drop 85%.

zippy2006

Is it going to hurt anyone if a politician tries to end abortion too elo? Get out of the way of good men trying to end this evil. Why you would so actively mock someone who is so strongly pro-life as being indifferent to abortion is beyond me. :confused:

elohiym

If you're not advocating violence, then what?

Who is John Galt? :think:

If you don't vote, surely you don't expect them to do it for you?

It doesn't matter who gets into office. What matters is if the People get that person to do their will, regardless of who gets in. You are electing a public servant, not a king. Right?

We can work to lessen the numbers, but I don't believe there are enough people in this country who want abortion outlawed to make a difference at the ballot box.

Why are 85% percent of abortions for women who call themselves Christian? Why do you think? And do you think a politician can help them if God's words have not reached them?

And again, if you don't vote...

Because it's a pointless exercise in futility.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Who is John Galt? :think:

You keep saying that. I haven't read Atlas Shrugged, so it isn't having the desired effect. :)

It doesn't matter who gets into office. What matters is if the People get that person to do their will, regardless of who gets in. You are electing a public servant, not a king. Right?

So how are you going to make the person that you didn't vote for do what you want?

Why are 85% percent of abortions for women who call themselves Christian? Why do you think?

Because their natures are fallen. Most are no different from the unsaved, as you view the unsaved. (We can save the theological differences for another time.)

And do you think a politician can help them if God's words have not reached them?

Then why do you care at all, then, what Santorum says? Why do you hope to accomplish in this thread?

On why you don't vote:

Because it's a pointless exercise in futility.

Again, why do you care at all, then, what Santorum says? Why do you hope to accomplish in this thread?

elohiym

Is it going to hurt anyone if a politician tries to end abortion too elo?

Yes. It is going to hurt the 115,000 unborn children that are going to be murdered in the world today by abortion.

Get out of the way of good men trying to end this evil.

Don't be naive.

Why you would so actively mock someone who is so strongly pro-life as being indifferent to abortion is beyond me. :confused:

Again, don't be naive.

Voting is like the confessional booth; it's only there to sooth the conscience, to make one think they are doing something while the murder continues.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't believe Santorum is conservative enough.

In that case, I am surprised you didn't agree with me when I said that if Santorum is too conservative to be elected the nation is finished!

elohiym

You keep saying that. I haven't read Atlas Shrugged, so it isn't having the desired effect. :)

Then maybe you should read the book, or just find the summary on Wikipedia. :hammer:

So how are you going to make the person that you didn't vote for do what you want?

Rather, how are you going to make the person that you do vote for do what you want? :think:

Because their natures are fallen. Most are no different from the unsaved, as you view the unsaved. (We can save the theological differences for another time.)

You are just making excuses for sin, like the majority of people who call themselves Christian. The problem is most Christians don't really grasp how Jesus set them free from sin completely and what that means. If they did, they wouldn't murder the unborn and then blame their "free will." :hammer:

Then why do you care at all, then, what Santorum says?

Because I care about him, my brothers and sisters who might vote for him, and all those murdered babies and the ones who are murdering them. Those babies will go to the Father, but the murderers may never if they do not repent and believe the gospel.

Why do you hope to accomplish in this thread?

Get people to think.

Again, why do you care at all, then, what Santorum says? Why do you hope to accomplish in this thread?

Supra.

drbrumley

In that case, I am surprised you didn't agree with me when I said that if Santorum is too conservative to be elected the nation is finished!

Well, I didn't say I did or didn't agree to be honest. I just said I seem to be a little more optimistic about the nation than you which is abnormal. :)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, I didn't say I did or didn't agree to be honest. I just said I seem to be a little more optimistic about the nation than you which is abnormal. :)

Do you think there is much hope for our nation if a conservative (even one like Santorum, who in your words is not conservative enough) can never be elected?

elohiym

And you didn't answer the question, Anna: How are you going to make the person that you do vote for do what you want? If you can't answer that, why bother voting other than to soothe your conscience?

zoo22

I don't expect to see Palin or Bachmann as anyone's VP choice. I'll be surprised if it happens.

I don't know. But I do think we'll be hearing a lot about them. I don't think Bachmann will wind up as a VP candidate, but I think her name will be thrown around a lot. I think Palin's reluctance to make an endorsement is tied to wanting a VP role. Gingrich has already vaguely held her up as a possibility. I think he did that in part so he could feel out what a public response might be.

But my comment was not really about Palin or Bachmann actually being chosen... Rather about believing there's going to be a strong emphasis on VP in the GOP race. I think the VP ticket can change the election, and more so than it might have in previous elections.