toldailytopic: Same-sex marriage: for it, or against it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
if homosexuals can marry, then brothers can marry because there is no reason to exclude them
and
if brothers can marry, why not brother and sister?

because that union can produce a child

So should women around the age of 40 be disallowed to marry because they are at a higher risk of producing a baby with Down's Syndrome?

How about people whose families come from Africa, South or Central America, etc.? They are at a higher risk for Sickle Cell Anemia.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
the part where a brother and sister would not be as equal as two brothers

You are the only person questioning whether a brother or sister should be allowed to marry ... which makes no sense whatsoever. Being that your standard is that individuals must be able and willing to make babies, you have no reason to object the union of a bro and his sis.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You are the only person questioning whether a brother or sister should be allowed to marry ... which makes no sense whatsoever. Being that your standard is that individuals must be able and willing to make babies, you have no reason to object the union of a bro and his sis.

I can't get anyone to agree or disagree to either one

do you know why?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
BTW, in reference to the scare tactic argument of "if we allow homosexuals to marry that means individuals would soon demand to marry their pets, their relatives and engage in polygamous unions" ...

Perhaps you can tell us why in those Scandinavian countries where gay marriage has been legal for many years, no such thing has happened.

Silent Hunter

I am sure town heretic enjoys having you as a cheer leader . . .
. . . it's mutual admiration . . . and an Alabama thing you wouldn't understand.

. . . but it would be more interesting if you could explain just one of his posts
. . . how old are you?

. . . what is your education?

. . . are you married?

. . . do you have children?

. . . I need to know in order to adjust my presentation to your level.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
. . . it's mutual admiration . . . and an Alabama thing you wouldn't understand.

. . . how old are you and what is your education?

. . . are you married?

. . . do you have children?

. . . I need to know in order to adjust my presentation to your level.

you said that a three year old could explain it to me
so
why can't you?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
brothers are just as equal as two guys
and
a brother and sister are just as equal as brothers
so
how is that equality working for you?

It's working fine given I've stated that one can advance an overwhelming/compelling societal interest. I even specified what that was in the case of incest between brother and sister and suggested a potential argument in the COMPLETELY HYPOTHETICAL illustration you offered to attempt to taint with emotion what you could not address and counter with reason.

To remind you of this point, made earlier:

It's a case by case evaluation relative to a compelling state interest in interfering in two adults' right to contract...In the case of incest there's one regarding genetics and health issues. I'd think there might be a compelling argument against your (so far as I know) purely hypothetical coupling relating to mental health ramifications/inference, but I don't know of any studies...or anyone promoting the practice.​

:e4e:

Charity

wow!!

Id like to see the same sex male marriage last till death do them part... no cheating or lies...smile would that be possible?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
It's working fine given I've stated that one can advance an overwhelming/compelling societal interest.

I really like that one

a man and woman producing a child
or
two guys living together

which one has an overwhelming/compelling societal interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.