toldailytopic: Same-sex marriage: for it, or against it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dena

don't you think the children suffer the most
and
are unable to do anything about it?

That isn't what we were talking about. Do you ever answer questions? Yes, children suffer in a divorce. But you asked why people bother staying married if they don't have children. I threw myself into the mix as an example.

So...there we go.

Silent Hunter

I think we need to clear this up
. . . LOL . . . there's nothing to "clear up".

. . . would Abraham's wife Sarah have become pregnant without divine intervention?

. . . please show me (us) where anything about children is mentioned in traditional christian wedding vows.

. . . why do people remain married without childern?

Arthur Brain

That isn't what we were talking about. Do you ever answer questions? Yes, children suffer in a divorce. But you asked why people bother staying married if they don't have children. I threw myself into the mix as an example.

So...there we go.

He won't answer you Dena. All he does nowadays is post questions and ignore answers, then pretend he's not been addressed himself.

Sadly enough.

:plain:

Silent Hunter

. . . why do people remain married without childern?
the point I was trying to make was couples without children do not really have any real obligation to stay together if they both agree to part company
. . . they don't have an obligation to remain married except for the contract they made with each other through their vow as stated (repeatedly) by TH . . . please show me (us) where anything about children is mentioned in traditional christian wedding vows.

. . . so . . . why DO people without children remain married?

. . . would Abraham's wife Sarah have become pregnant without divine intervention? Why did THEY stay married else?

Silent Hunter

most assume she will get pregnant
and
for good reasons
. . . NO . . . YOU assume she will become pregnant.

. . . please show me (us) where anything about children is mentioned in traditional christian wedding vows.

. . . so . . . why DO people without children remain married?

. . . would Abraham's wife Sarah have become pregnant without divine intervention? Why did THEY stay married else?

right

they are not joined together
. . . in the wedding vows being "joined together" has NOTHING to do with children.

Dena

right

they are not joined together

Well gee, it's good to know that because I've miscarried I'm not really married. I didn't have a Catholic marriage either and I'm married to an atheist!! I suppose I never had a chance. Our families won't mind at all if we decide to divorce now.

Arthur Brain

I can always count on you

And you can always be counted on nowadays to post one sentence 'wonder' posts or irritatingly formatted trash. Couples who marry make a commitment to each other regardless of children. The fact that couples split up is sad but shouldn't be judged by some dogmatic soap box. The latter btw = you.

Arthur Brain

Well gee, it's good to know that because I've miscarried I'm not really married. I didn't have a Catholic marriage either and I'm married to an atheist!! I suppose I never had a chance. Our families won't mind at all if we decide to divorce now.

What matters is your commitment to each other, not what some berk on the internet asserts....

:)

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Then why do 62% of the 62 million women aged 15–44 use contraception?

why do they get an abortion?
why do they get a divorce?

why do feminists encourage all of the above?

civilization will never exceed the standards of its women

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

this is not about you

it is about how it ought to be for the overall good
it is about protecting the child

the child is our future

Dena

Well I haven't read all 90 pages but I kinda doubt anyone here is against protecting children. :nono:

Marriage is good for children.

You then take it and say marriage is only about children and if none are involved then marriage is pointless.

Those two things do not go together. I'd bet you know it and you are just trying to be annoying because you've got nothing better to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.