toldailytopic: Same-sex marriage: for it, or against it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The only person who seems to be on the defensive here is you. You still haven't answered my question regarding the affidavit suggestion.

it couldn't be enforced
and
it is a mute point

my job is to remind you all
that
it is all about protecting the child
and
I can see you all have more important things to worry about

Silent Hunter

that tells us more about you
. . . that I'm sane . . . which is good to know . . . :crackup:.

. . . why don't you answer any questions chrys?

. . . why DO people without children remain married?

. . . please show me (us) where anything about children is mentioned in traditional christian wedding vows.

. . . would Abraham's wife Sarah have become pregnant without divine intervention? Why did THEY stay married else?

Arthur Brain

still waiting for you to explain this one

Uh, it's pretty self explanatory Chrys. Not all couples have or want to have children, so assuming that the female in a relationship will fall pregnant is just flawed reasoning. Like quite a lot of assumptions in that respect....

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Uh, it's pretty self explanatory Chrys. Not all couples have or want to have children, so assuming that the female in a relationship will fall pregnant is just flawed reasoning. Like quite a lot of assumptions in that respect....

is that why we have so many unwed mothers?

maybe we should assume they will get pregnant
if
they have sex

Silent Hunter

still waiting for you to explain this one
. . . there's nothing to explain . . . married people have sex all the time without expecting the female to become pregnant . . . that you don't understand that is telling of your lack of touch with reality . . . :sigh:.

. . . why don't you answer any questions chrys?

. . . why DO people without children remain married?

. . . please show me (us) where anything about children is mentioned in traditional christian wedding vows.

. . . would Abraham's wife Sarah have become pregnant without divine intervention? Why did THEY stay married else?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
. . . Why?

Chrys wants us to believe that he his anti-sex position is about *saving babies*, however, that isn't the case.

What he wishes to do is monitor the private lives of other CONSENTING adults and the unborn babies are a fleeting afterthought.

Seriously, who has less abortions than homosexuals?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

if
they have sex

Have you ever heard of birth control? Oh wait, I forgot. This isn't about saving the lives of the unborn, but rather about preventing consenting adults from having sex.

Silent Hunter

Chrys wants us to believe that he his anti-sex position is about *saving babies*, however, that isn't the case.

What he wishes to do is monitor the private lives of other CONSENTING adults and the unborn babies are a fleeting afterthought.
. . . I've never actually thought of chrys the "Big Brother" type . . . :chuckle:.

Seriously, who has less abortions than homosexuals?
. . . :idunno: . . . dead people?

Arthur Brain

if
they have sex

There's plenty of unwed mothers and there's plenty of married ones as well. If you were in any way objectively realistic you'd accept that. In much the same way it's reasonable to assume that plenty of women in relationships will not fall pregnant and plenty will.

Your latter assumption simply shows ignorance. Ever heard of contraceptives?

:plain:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
it is irresponsible to not take advantage of the benefits derived from a state recognized marriage

they are there to help protect the child

It might be irresponsible if you need the benefits to provide sufficiently for the child. Otherwise.....

Status
Not open for further replies.