toldailytopic: Reincarnation: do you believe in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
That could spell trouble from both ends.

Double trouble busted in a bubble. Reminds me of a Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen film. Or a song from the Power rangers Movie, "Uh oh, we're in trouble, something came along in a bust of trouble, oh no, we're in trouble." On both ends of the stick. Or the shorter end of the stick.

Speaking of bull or cows, what did Hitler come back as?

red cardinal

Grass takes in soil (dirt), water, sunshine.

Curious as to what kind of grade you got in Science class ...:dunce:

Grassoloy 101: You have to plant grass seed which then grows in the soil - it does not "eat soil" nor does it "take it in". It takes nutrients and water from the soil. Was that helpful? :D

Lovejoy

Grassoloy 101: You have to plant grass seed which then grows in the soil - it does not "eat soil" nor does it "take it in". It takes nutrients and water from the soil. Was that helpful? :D

I took that class in college...wait, that might have been the other grassology....

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned

When our bodies eat food. The food gets digested. The body sucks up nutrients out of the food, just for the body, to grow with, and poops out the rest.

Our bodies takes in nutrients from what later comes out as dirt (poop). The nutrients that we take in helps us grow. The nutrients plants take in, helps them get bigger, grow.

Trees take in nutrient and grows. Our bodies takes in nutrients and grows.

We get nutrient from what later becomes dirt (poop).

Plants, grass, trees, get nutrient from dirt or poop or soil or black and brown things, too.

bybee

"Come to think of it, there were several Buddhists here last time I was active. What did you do to those guys?"
Lovejoy
Buddhism is like Christianity. There are sophisticated Buddhists and fundamentalist Buddhists. Fundamentalist Buddhists do not understand what Buddha taught. Simply put, Buddha taught that the self does not exist, even for a nano-second. ( space-time confirms this) . The goal is to realize this and be delivered from the suffering caused by the illusion of persistence. One could say one is delivered from the illusion that you ( while alive) are reincarnated every minute. No self, no death, no reincarnation.
The word "reincarnation" is used by knowledgeable Buddhists the same way we say mirage or dream. It is an illusion one should try to escape.

Apparently illusion has substance?

red cardinal

When our bodies eat food. The food gets digested. The body sucks up nutrients out of the food, just for the body, to grow with, and poops out the rest.

Our bodies takes in nutrients from what later comes out as dirt (poop). The nutrients that we take in helps us grow. The nutrients plants take in, helps them get bigger, grow.

Trees take in nutrient and grows. Our bodies takes in nutrients and grows.

We get nutrient from what later becomes dirt (poop).

Plants, grass, trees, get nutrient from dirt or poop or soil or black and brown things, too.

Do you eat dirt? Do you eat poop? Do you poop dirt? :shut: Are you an alien? :alien:

Roundhead

Reincarnation?

I would need some sort of memory of what I had been, or evidence of somebody who has been something else before, and it would have to be as "everywhere" and in my face 24/7 as the mortality and one life one chance world we have.

PyramidHead

Reincarnation?

I would need some sort of memory of what I had been, or evidence of somebody who has been something else before, and it would have to be as "everywhere" and in my face 24/7 as the mortality and one life one chance world we have.

Where's the evidence for Heaven and Hell? If you believe in that, I suppose

Shasta

Coffins = Recycle Bins

Coffins = Recycle Bins

No, I would not call dirt "life." If sentience ultimately means no more than that then you have no real basis to value anyone or anything over another. In that case your could call people "organic fertilizer" without insulting them. Killing someone could be thought of as recycling, an unselfish service to the Green cause. I understand Pol Pot was very active in the movement.

BTW do you plant daisies in your garden?

Do you believe in dirt? When you die, you get put back into the ground. You become dirt. There might not be life after death, but the dirt will still be there. Then a deer eats that dirt and has a baby. Then your dirt becomes alive again in a baby deer. How sweet is that? You can call that life after death. You can call that reincarnation, minus the spiritual aspect to it.

amosman

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 4th, 2011 01:19 PM

No. Each person is unique and has one physical birth into this world. I do believe in a spiritual rebirth however that all people need. They need a spiritual rebirth because of the nature of sinful man they were born with. Every man needs to receive a new Spirit from the Creator to guide us in the way we should go. If we follow the spirit we were born with it will lead us the wrong way and away from true peace.

unknown

I was re-incarnated in Vietnam, also in my first marriage, in 1999 When I gave my life to God for real, it could happen at any time. I am speaking of course, about my soul not my body What comes "after death" (for my soul) is unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.