toldailytopic: Reincarnation: do you believe in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 4th, 2011 01:19 PM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nope. Unless you count the resurection spoken by Ezekiel and Jesus, and later some apostles.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
In my first life I believed in it but not in this life. :D

Seriously, no. I believe in the resurrection of believers, but not in reincarnation as in being reborn over and over.

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
Nope ... I don't believe in life after death.

Do you believe in dirt? When you die, you get put back into the ground. You become dirt. There might not be life after death, but the dirt will still be there. Then a deer eats that dirt and has a baby. Then your dirt becomes alive again in a baby deer. How sweet is that? You can call that life after death. You can call that reincarnation, minus the spiritual aspect to it.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
yes, it is the only thing that can explain the following passages:

Revelation 20

Then I saw thrones; those who sat on them were entrusted with judgment. I also saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast or its image nor had accepted its mark 4 on their foreheads or hands. They came to life and they reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were over. This is the first resurrection.

Matthew 24

And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the world as a witness to all nations, 8 and then the end will come.

Amen, I say to you, this generation 20 will not pass away until all these things have taken place.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
No. I haven't seen much on the topic. It would be interesting to see someone explain or defend it. :think:

Lovejoy

No. I haven't seen much on the topic. It would be interesting to see someone explain or defend it. :think:

I suspect that my credit card bill keeps coming back as my mortgage payment. Transmigration of debt is a very real issue in my life.

Lovejoy

Come to think of it, there were several buddhists here last time I was active. What did you do to those guys?

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Reincarnation is making a big comeback you know.

:plain:

I can't say that I believe in reincarnation, although I'm a big fan of Reincarnation Instant Breakfast.

:chuckle:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Do I? No.​

Dena

Do you believe in dirt? When you die, you get put back into the ground. You become dirt. There might not be life after death, but the dirt will still be there. Then a deer eats that dirt and has a baby. Then your dirt becomes alive again in a baby deer. How sweet is that? You can call that life after death. You can call that reincarnation, minus the spiritual aspect to it.

This pretty much sums up my view of "life" after death.

Paulos

At least one gospel passage has been put forward in support of the concept of reincarnation, and that is John 9:1-3. In this passage, Jesus and his disciples encountered a beggar who was blind from birth. Jesus' disciples asked him:

“Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”​

The suggestion that the blind man could have sinned before he was born implies reincarnation. Obviously, the man could not have sinned prior to his birth unless he had lived a previous life.

Dena

At least one gospel passage has been put forward in support of the concept of reincarnation, and that is John 9:1-3. In this passage, Jesus and his disciples encountered a beggar who was blind from birth. Jesus' disciples asked him:

“Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”​

The suggestion that the blind man could have sinned before he was born implies reincarnation. Obviously, the man could not have sinned prior to his birth unless he had lived a previous life.

Wasn't the point that his blindness wasn't the result of sin?

red cardinal

And all this time I believed what they told me - that deer eat grass and shrubs/leaves. I sure got messed up, eh? :dunce:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

Your reasoning is not improving with time. :dunce:

Status
Not open for further replies.