toldailytopic: Raising Cain. What do you make of Cain's sexual harassment charges

Granite

Hall of Fame
If this were a liberal being accused you'd believe the charges without a second's hesitation.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If this were a liberal being accused you'd believe the charges without a second's hesitation.
If this were a liberal being accused it wouldn't matter. Liberal's can do whatever they want and generally the media doesn't care... Monica Lewinsky anybody?

Granite

Hall of Fame
If this were a liberal being accused it wouldn't matter. Liberal's can do whatever they want and generally the media doesn't care... Monica Lewinsky anybody?

The media was all over that story and the guy got impeached.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Well, sure. If Obama was accused, the conservatives would be all over this, and taking it as fact. Pretty much as the liberals (and establishment republicans) are taking it as fact because they oppose Cain.

That's how it goes in politics.

Unfortunately.

BTW, Clinton did get impeached, but the public outrage at the republicans was sufficient to intimidate a number of them into voting against conviction, (of course a few of them were worried about the precedent of using that as an excuse to remove a president)

WizardofOz

You don't think it's possible there could be some politics going on here?

Sure. But, the person of interest would be a competitor of Cain, as in another Republican nominee candidate. If you want to play the conspiracy card, it makes more sense to look at Romney or Perry. It would also make sense for Democrats to wait until Cain was nominated before tossing this story out.

Furthermore, these accusers simply don't sound that credible to me.

None of them? Debunking 1 accusation does nothing to debunk the other 4.

And finally... if this were some liberal being accused (i.e., Obama) the media would be crying racism as loud as possible. But since Cain is a conservative just as with Clarence Thomas it's guns a blazing. :Grizzly:

Conspiracy card and victim card in the same post. Some might say you're playing with a stacked deck ;)

WizardofOz

I know of two claims against Cain (Karen Kraushaar and Sharon Bialek) . You seem to think there are 5. Can you name the others?

Two other yet remain anonymous
Cain was accused of inappropriate behavior by two women during his tenure as National Restaurant Association head from 1996 to 1999.

Per Politico, “the women complained of sexually suggestive behavior by Cain that made them angry and uncomfortable, the sources said, and they signed agreements with the restaurant group that gave them financial payouts to leave the association. The agreements also included language that bars the women from talking about their departures.”

source

While Donna Donella is not an "accuser", her interaction with Cain also helps establish the pattern that is coming to light.
I saw behavior, the one day that I met him … that was consistent with the pattern of his behavior described by his four actual accusers.”

Not to mention that this....
In an interview with Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren, to air tonight, Cain said he remembered only one woman filing a formal complaint, the Washington Examiner reports. When asked what might have led to that accusation, Cain said he once made a gesture — with his palm near his chin — telling the woman she was the same height as his wife. That incident, Cain said, was included in a complaint as having made the woman uncomfortable.

source

Sounds like a load of bull

BabyChristian

can a lawsuit be filed against the accuser?

I sure wish Cain would.

These 2 women whose names they know now (the other two are still a secret) are not upstanding citizens.

Sure. But then he has to prove defamation.

Innocent until proven guilty. This is the epitome of defamation. What are you talking about?

Give those women lie detector tests, not Cain and stop this kind of stuff from happening in the future, these slanderous, unproven dirty tricks.

elected4ever

I think there is a consensus and not a conspiracy. Gingrich, Perry, Paul, Huntsman, Johnson, Bauckman and Cain all have one thing in common. They attack the cooperate and the entitlement welfare system and a corrupt tax or monetary system that props up the Military Industrial Complex that consist of Global Cooperations and is funded by the Federal Reserve and the Multinational Banks in one way or another.

It is imposable for a conspiracy to exist but seeing that these entities are invested in the corrupt system. The money flows to there propaganda machines called National News organizations. There sole purpose is to direct public opinion in there favor through disinformation. After all, they own them also.

I believe these candidates are there for our amusement so we will not fell slighted and we will think that we actually chose the winner. Make no mistake, none of the above will be elected.

rexlunae

Innocent until proven guilty.

That standard applies to both of them. So just as the women have a burden to meet if they want to actually demonstrate harassment in court, he also has a burden to meet if he wants to sue them for it.

This is the epitome of defamation. What are you talking about?

It's only defamation if it's not true. That'll have to be examined in any court case Cain could bring.

Give those women lie detector tests, not Cain and stop this kind of stuff from happening in the future, these slanderous, unproven dirty tricks.

Yeah, why question the word of one man against just four women? Don't you need like a dozen women before they become as credible as one man?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
More details of those bearing false witness. against Cain. Now I am no longer sure it is Perry as thought.

Karen Kraushaar, a 55-year-old former journalist who currently works for the Obama administration, was outed today as one of the three women who had filed sexual harassment complaints against Cain.

I am not going to link to the New York Post because of the pictures they like to post. You can go read the story.

And another....

'She's a complete gold digger': Murky past of Herman Cain accuser starts to emerge
Fiance of Sharon Bialek says he is supporting her but did not find out until Friday

Filed for bankruptcy twice

Accused former boyfriend of harassing her to pay a loan

A 'gold digger' embroiled in legal and financial difficulties who has always lived above her station and will do anything to never have to work again.
This is the portrait that has started to emerge of the fourth woman to accuse Herman Cain of sexual harassment - the first to come out publicly.
Though her lawyer Gloria Allred painted a respectable and prestigious education and employment history for Sharon Bialek, 50, just a day later it has been revealed that she has not held a job for more than two years and has filed for bankruptcy twice.

I also won't link to the Daily News. You can read the rest yourself.

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-exclusive-accuser-filed-complaint-next-job-080946066.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — A woman who settled a sexual harassment complaint against GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain in 1999 complained three years later at her next job about unfair treatment,...To settle the complaint at the immigration service, Kraushaar initially demanded thousands of dollars in payment, a reinstatement of leave she used after the accident earlier in 2002, promotion on the federal pay scale and a one-year fellowship to Harvard's Kennedy School of Government

Not that I ever believed it. Liberals are racist and sexist and liars.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wish I would pos rep you again Nick. You are batting 1000 today. I never believed any of the allegations. It is a campaign to bring Cain down by liberals. They don't like the idea of a man than can think becoming POTUS.

The only smoke I see here is the smoke the liberals are blowing through their hats.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I never believed any of the allegations.

Because you don't want to. To be fair you need to at least admit the possibility that there is truth to this story.

It is a campaign to bring Cain down by liberals.

Liberals gain nothing by knocking Cain out of the race. He is not now and never has been a viable candidate. His GOP contenders have a lot more to gain.

They don't like the idea of a man than can think becoming POTUS.

The establishment doesn't like any kind of public figure who's his own man. This is not a right/left issue.