toldailytopic: Priorities. Are your life priorities in order? What does your priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
There is an ig function.
Yep. I've used it once or twice to take a breather from a few people around here before reaching a point where my emotions were negatively engaged. It's been a while since I've felt the need though.

Responding is enabling.
Obviously I don't believe that resisting stupidity in public is enabling. But if you feel that way you obviously shouldn't engage them.

Enablers are very much at fault.
Beans. The point in taking on someone like ASCon isn't to change him or encourage him. He won't change because he delights in his depravity. You can't encourage him because he isn't actually listening.

Take his nonsense to bybee. He's up to his ears in dishonest practice and still calling out people of gentler heart without cause. It's classic, tragic, and only worthy of note as a cautionary tale OR to let those of sensitive and better hearts hear a different note played as loudly.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...Your behavior is very unpleasant. It will not attract anyone to our Savior.
Neither will your compromise (Hos 3:1 :peach:).
And yes, before Sister Sludge chimes in, I can slice with the edge of my tongue too!
:yawn: Try to be civil in the face of incivility. This is a test. :eek:

I shall not waste my time with those who are unremittingly unkind.
You'll start threads to gossip about them. :rolleyes: 1 Ti 5:13.

ragTagblues

There is an ig function.
Responding is enabling.
Enablers are very much at fault.

Yet failure to respond also, at times, gives the impression that their type of swill is acceptable . . .

Where's the balance?

My point to begin with is that this thread was taken of course and this was instigated by those two tools with a hook being dangled . . .

As for your "should", legally one often is responsible for another's actions. Morally, ethically all manner of ways.

No, I am responsible for only my actions as I do not and would not want the power to control others actions . . . I try simply to do the best I can, sometime I fail, sometimes i succeed. Most of the time the world is no better off or worse for my actions, that should not make me responsible for another's?

I admit we often pay and have to bare the weight of the things people do right or wrong; but we shouldn't have to!

bybee

Yet failure to respond also, at times, gives the impression that their type of swill is acceptable . . .

Where's the balance?

My point to begin with is that this thread was taken of course and this was instigated by those two tools with a hook being dangled . . .

No, I am responsible for only my actions as I do not and would not want the power to control others actions . . . I try simply to do the best I can, sometime I fail, sometimes i succeed. Most of the time the world is no better off or worse for my actions, that should not make me responsible for another's?

I admit we often pay and have to bare the weight of the things people do right or wrong; but we shouldn't have to!

Agreed!

taikoo

Where's the balance?

i dont agree with the idea of 'original sin" either.

fool

Hall of Fame
What was this thread about?
Oh yeah. priorities

Making new people
Building stuff
Beer
Adding to the knowledge of mankind

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"So far I haven't signed a contract which calls for me to obey you or Sister Sludge!"
"Try to be civil in the face of incivility. This is a test." :eek:
"I would have dialogued with you [ASC] in a relatively decent manner. But the whole thing degenerated."
[Edited notes Woodrow Kroll 10 Feb 11] God anoints people today. Does that make them more brilliant? No. He may choose a person to do a specific task. You may encounter that person in all of their mistakes (1 Sam 26:9, 26:16, 2 Sam 1:14, 1 Chron 16:22). Christians have a heart that pleased God. It may not please you. Examine yourself (2 Cor 13:5). Delight in the truth (Ps 51:6).

karstkid

I'm busy doing nothing, working the whole day through
Trying to find lots of things not to do
I'm busy going nowhere, isn't it just a crime
I'd like to be unhappy, but I really don't have the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.