toldailytopic: Occupy Wall Street calls for a general boycott on May Day (May 1st). W

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Sure (though I doubt you will get it; free marketeers just don't get it).

Republicans enforce economic policies that allow big companies to get bigger and bigger. Anti-trust laws are not enforced. Allow companies to do what they want, ship jobs overseas, sell imported cheap goods; that's free trade and deregulation. Walmart can underprice Main Street and get shoppers that way, but the result is nothing but low quality goods, low wages, and no communities. Smart cities and towns simply refuse to allow Walmarts to come in. But that takes progressive officials responding to the people, not Republicans who only respond to the power of corporations.

Wal mart started in small towns. And people decide where they shop.

Do democrats not shop at walmart? (hint: sure they do)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So what if they are using their goods? What relevance is that to the policies they are complaining about? What they want is real changes in policy away from enabling corporate greed and criminal behavior, lack of opportunity and inequality. So what if they use cell phones or lap tops? That's what's available, so they use it. Lap tops can be produced in a just system, just like industry was much more productive in the 1950s and 60s when we had a more fair system than the post-Reagan, Social Darwinist, corrupt trickle-down society we have now.

But you free marketeers are so hooked and deceived that you can't see what is happening even if it hits you in the face. Financial gambling with bad mortgages was enabled by deregulation, and caused a great recession, but you guys still think the answer is more deregulation; more trickle-down economics. It never worked, and never will. You can't drive a car with no brakes.

Its called the difference between someone believing in what they stand for by boycotting themselves what they are telling others to do.

These guys are total hypocrites.

PureX

I think it would be more patriotic to support the small businesses of main street.

You right-wingers think walmart is such a great example of capitalism.

Picture the market as a literal garden of flowers. Now when one flower blocks the sun and kills all the other flowers, thereby treating it's competition like weeds, you think it is a beautiful thing? No, the plant that has blocked the sun is being abusive, and is acting as a weed. What was once a beautiful garden is now dominated by a single giant plant.
Haters like death and destruction. Doesn't matter if it's in business, or in war, or in a debate, or however. They get off on the "take no prisoner" attitude. The abuse of power and force gets them excited because they dream of someday being able to hurt and abuse all the people they hate, themselves.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Haters like death and destruction. Doesn't matter if it's in business, or in war, or in a debate, or however. They get off on the "take no prisoner" attitude. The abuse of power and force gets them excited because they dream of someday being able to hurt and abuse all the people they hate, themselves.

Are you talking about the occupiers?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
yes but its ok to support haters when we need an ipod to keep us company while we lie out in the street and get high and make a mess.

eameece

I'm people. I like Wal-Mart. All the people I know like Wal-Mart. Most people like Wal-mart. So... :idunno:
You answered your own question. You are part of the reason why we have no quality goods, and no communities; Wall Street but no Main Street. I've been to Walmart too, thank you very much. What a pitiful wasteland. And I don't buy expensive things; I'm a bargain hunter. Paying less for much less quality is not a bargain. And of course people line up for the low wages in a trickle-down depressed free-trade economy you Republicans have created where there are no jobs.

eameece

Wal mart started in small towns. And people decide where they shop.

Do democrats not shop at walmart? (hint: sure they do)

It doesn't matter where people shop. What matters is where they are driven or forced to shop by economic policy. What matters is what's available to begin with.

eameece

Its called the difference between someone believing in what they stand for by boycotting themselves what they are telling others to do.

These guys are total hypocrites.

They are telling people that they can (if they want) join a strike for one day that includes not buying things. So they are not hypocrites, because they will not be buying things that day.

And you don't know what all the people at Occupy events buy or don't buy.

PureX

Are you talking about the occupiers?
No, just haters in general. WalMart is a horrible corporation that has destroyed other companies through their nasty business practices and who treat their employees terrible. But the haters like that kind of cut-throat attitude. They like the idea of winner take all and no mercy for the losers and all that sort of thing.

some other dude

You answered your own question. You are part of the reason why we have no quality goods, and no communities; Wall Street but no Main Street. I've been to Walmart too, thank you very much. What a pitiful wasteland. And I don't buy expensive things; I'm a bargain hunter. Paying less for much less quality is not a bargain.

Bought a three season leather jacket at Wallyworld back in 04 for $42. Been wearing it every year - fall, winter, spring and it's still going strong in it's ninth year of daily wear.

And of course people line up for the low wages in a trickle-down depressed free-trade economy you Republicans have created where there are no jobs.

Are you suggesting that Walmart had difficulty finding employees when the economy was strong?

eameece

Bought a three season leather jacket at Wallyworld back in 04 for $42. Been wearing it every year - fall, winter, spring and it's still going strong in it's ninth year of daily wear.
I thought dinosaurs lived in warm climates and don't need jackets.

Are you suggesting that Walmart had difficulty finding employees when the economy was strong?
Are you suggesting that if people could find jobs easily, wages wouldn't rise?

WalMart is a horrible corporation that has destroyed other companies through their nasty business practices and who treat their employees terrible.

well, my ma certainly was right in quitting there. they lie about helping you with healthcare and they don't pay you enough to keep your vehicle running to get to the place.

would you happily wear it no matter where it was made or under what conditions it was made?

I don't expect you to answer me because my logic is far too superior. good day.

Let me try to break it down so that you right-wingers might get it a little more. There is nothing less patriotic than shipping these jobs off to China and then buying the goods in walmart. There is absolutely nothing in the world less patriotic. Do you understand me? Are we speaking the same language? I posted on this thread a couple days ago with this and you absolutely refuse to argue with me. That is obviously because I always win political and economic arguments. You cannot stand to tangle with my kind of logic, and yes I believe my ego is quite justified just by the evidence of your interactions with me. Obviously I need to find someone who can actually debate on my level, and I'm unsure that I will ever find it here.

Now, do you know what that actual Boston Tea Party of 1773 would be against if they existed today? They would be against walmart, in the same exact way they were against the east india shipping company. Do you know why, do you get it, are you comprehending any of this? IT IS BECAUSE THEY WOULD WANT TO GROW THEIR OWN TEA HERE! THEY WERE BEING UNDERCUT IN PRICE BY FOREIGN GOODS BUT THEY STILL RESISTED! AM I getting through to you when I write loudly in the same way your doofus talk show hosts like Micheal Savage or Rush talk? Is that really what it takes? Is that what you call intellect? What we should do is build a time machine so we get the ORIGINAL tea party protesters back and let them sit down and analyze this situation, I guarantee you they would not be siding with you right-wingers on this. They would laugh at you. I guarantee it.

But no, you are so satisfied with the status quo. Is there a patriotic bone in your bodies? You want to ship jobs off to China? Seriously? You mean the place where they practice WORKDAYS OVER 24 HOURS A DAY? where the workers scrubbing down ipads with dangerous chemicals suffer nerve damage, FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES in HALF BUILT factories!? where they probably still practice the death by 1000 cuts? (youtube that one you macho right-winger sissies tell me that doesn't want to make you puke - with a straight face) and the rich practice the theft of organs of innocent and even conscious people? Americans! What kind of patriots are you to let them give your jobs away to a country that still has such incredibly questionable ethics? They don't care about you and neither do the wallstreet fat cats! We can make our own (bleeping) shirts and shoes. You! you don't care do you? We can grow are own food and make our own tools too. We can make our own cars. We can make our own ipods and cds and computers and all that garbage if we really want it. Right-wingers, I am thoroughly disgusted by your position on this issue.

some other dude

would you happily wear it no matter where it was made or under what conditions it was made?

Yes. I'd wear it if it was made from tanned baby seal eyelids, sewn in a factory using slave labor that was beaten regularly and sold by an evil mega-corporation that ruthlessly crushed all of its competition by sending guys named Vinnie to break their kneecaps. :p

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Let me try to break it down so that you right-wingers might get it a little more. There is nothing less patriotic than shipping these jobs off to China and then buying the goods in walmart. There is absolutely nothing in the world less patriotic. Do you understand me? Are we speaking the same language? I posted on this thread a couple days ago with this and you absolutely refuse to argue with me. That is obviously because I always win political and economic arguments. You cannot stand to tangle with my kind of logic, and yes I believe my ego is quite justified just by the evidence of your interactions with me. Obviously I need to find someone who can actually debate on my level, and I'm unsure that I will ever find it here.

Now, do you know what that actual Boston Tea Party of 1773 would be against if they existed today? They would be against walmart, in the same exact way they were against the east india shipping company. Do you know why, do you get it, are you comprehending any of this? IT IS BECAUSE THEY WOULD WANT TO GROW THEIR OWN TEA HERE! THEY WERE BEING UNDERCUT IN PRICE BY FOREIGN GOODS BUT THEY STILL RESISTED! AM I getting through to you when I write loudly in the same way your doofus talk show hosts like Micheal Savage or Rush talk? Is that really what it takes? Is that what you call intellect? What we should do is build a time machine so we get the ORIGINAL tea party protesters back and let them sit down and analyze this situation, I guarantee you they would not be siding with you right-wingers on this. They would laugh at you. I guarantee it.

But no, you are so satisfied with the status quo. Is there a patriotic bone in your bodies? You want to ship jobs off to China? Seriously? You mean the place where they practice WORKDAYS OVER 24 HOURS A DAY? where the workers scrubbing down ipads with dangerous chemicals suffer nerve damage, FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES in HALF BUILT factories!? where they probably still practice the death by 1000 cuts? (youtube that one you macho right-winger sissies tell me that doesn't want to make you puke - with a straight face) and the rich practice the theft of organs of innocent and even conscious people? Americans! What kind of patriots are you to let them give your jobs away to a country that still has such incredibly questionable ethics? They don't care about you and neither do the wallstreet fat cats! We can make our own (bleeping) shirts and shoes. You! you don't care do you? We can grow are own food and make our own tools too. We can make our own cars. We can make our own ipods and cds and computers and all that garbage if we really want it. Right-wingers, I am thoroughly disgusted by your position on this issue.

"Buy American" has been part of the lexicon of the right for years, but not of the left.

We already know about Chinese slave labor. Do you think it's a new thing, a new pet project of the left to rail against it?

I have to say, it's a bit odd, albeit refreshing, for someone who's a left-winger to come down on a communist country the way you do.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
"Buy American" has been part of the lexicon of the right for years, but not of the left.

We already know about Chinese slave labor. Do you think it's a new thing, a new pet project of the left?

I have to say, it's a bit odd, albeit refreshing, for someone who's a left-winger to come down on a communist country the way you do.

Very rare indeed...:think:

maybe he is on the road to enlightenment. :D