toldailytopic: Occupy Wall Street calls for a general boycott on May Day (May 1st). W

kmoney

Hall of Fame
They are now, they just aren't intelligent enough to realize it.

Their tents are made by big *gasp* companies who probably received business loans from *gasp* banks.

The parks they occupy are often maintained from private donations from *corporations* and people who *gasp* work and *gasp* earn enough to donate to parks and pay taxes.

I don't think the occupiers think they can lose all dependence on Wall St. I think they are trying to fix some inequalities they see in the corporate and political systems.

I don't think I will participate. At least not with the no work part.

What do chores have to do with it?? :confused:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I don't think the occupiers think they can lose all dependence on Wall St. I think they are trying to fix some inequalities they see in the corporate and political systems.

I don't think I will participate. At least not with the no work part.

What do chores have to do with it?? :confused:

They don't want to do anything, they want everything handed to them.

But they don't get if everyone did that, there wouldn't be anything to hand them.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Occupy-Pavement.jpg

:rotfl:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
toldailytopic: Occupy Wall Street calls for a general boycott on May Day (May 1st). Will you join the boycott?

Since I only get paid once a month (on the first), I will not be joining the boycott.

And, since I think that most of the OWS crowd are idiots, I will not be joining the boycott.

elohiym

They don't want to do anything, they want everything handed to them.

The same could be said for the banks.

But they don't get if everyone did that, there wouldn't be anything to hand them.

Money, according to the Federal Reserve Bank, is created out of thin air. Apparently, only one class of citizen (banks) is "allowed" to create money. Whenever banks make a loan (business, mortgage, auto, credit card), they create the principle amount as a gift to themselves, tax free, and then get to loan that money at interest to the peasant who has to borrow.

Understand that the government can just create money out of thin air, like it creates bonds out of thin air. Instead, the government borrows from a bank that creates the money out of thin air. And the really sad thing, if that isn't sad enough, is that these banks aren't really creating money out of thin air, but fraudulently converting promissory notes.

When you ask a bank for a car loan of $20K, the bank has you sign a promissory note and security agreement. In order for them to legally own your promissory note, they have to first give you $20K to buy it from you, but they don't do that. They don't have $20K to give you. Instead, they take your note and endorse the back (like a check) and deposit it as an asset, giving them $20K cash value; the note is money, a cash equivalent that can be sold for cash. They record the deposit as a loan from the borrower to them, a bank liability, and that is why they don't pay taxes on the principle. The "money" the borrower receives is truly the money the bank borrowed from him to basically loan back to him.

And the "borrower" was unaware that any of these material terms existed; he consented to a real loan, not an unconscionable exchange of IOUs called a "loan." It's perhaps the perfect counterfeiting scam, perceived as legal while actually illegal, being repugnant to the Constitution and good morals.

If you haven't seen it, I suggest you watch The Secret of Oz. It's a good documentary on how our government borrows money, the obvious historical, perennial corruption of the monetary system, and historically proven ideas to fix the problem. It doesn't cover the loan mechanics and contract issues I've mentioned above, unfortunately.

The Secret of Oz

The Occupy Wallstreeters who are crying for more taxes should watch that documentary, too. I'll pass on their general strike because I do not support their ideas for change, and I don't perceive they have communicated (as a movement) a message I can get behind.

elohiym

Thats all well and great eloyhim but can you tell me where we would all be if we all did nothing?

I'm not sure what you mean by "if we all did nothing." :idunno:

If we allow the monetary system to continue by doing nothing to change it, the country will continue along the same trajectory. We will have more credit bubbles and consequences. We will have more corrupt politics and never get what we want, e.g. the end of abortion. We will have more taxes. We will have no dignity because we let them, no, asked them to do it to us.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure what you mean by "if we all did nothing." :idunno:

If we allow the monetary system to continue by doing nothing to change it, the country will continue along the same trajectory. We will have more credit bubbles and consequences. We will have more corrupt politics and never get what we want, e.g. the end of abortion. We will have more taxes. We will have no dignity because we let them, no, asked them to do it to us.

Do you really think a bunch of hippies laying around doing nothing, getting high, making a mess at someone elses expense - will change anything?

elohiym

Do you really think a bunch of hippies laying around doing nothing, getting high, making a mess at someone elses expense - will change anything?

I suppose we could look to the Vietnam War era for the answer and proof. Based on that, I'd have to answer yes.

Do I think this "bunch of hippies" (if they all are) will change anything? No. :chuckle:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I suppose we could look to the Vietnam War era for the answer and proof. Based on that, I'd have to answer yes.

Do I think this "bunch of hippies" (if they all are) will change anything? No. :chuckle:

To be honest I really didn't have any appreciation for the Vietnam Era Hippies until I saw the current crop in action. These current Hippies are a bunch of pampered spoiled sissies. The Vietnam Hippies were tough. :plain:

eameece

It seems as if they have completely lost the fact that they will at some point in their life be dependent on both Wall Street and Main Street in one sense or another.

Noone is dependent on Wall Street. And Wall Street has so decimated Main Street at this point that there's nothing to occupy or boycott there. Main Street has become Wall Street aka Wallmart.

eameece

Time to get out the fire hoses and police dogs.

No dinosaurs?

sorry, I couldn't give you a neg rep; I have to "spread it around before I give more rep to some other dude"!

:rotfl:

"We're not going to let any dogs or firehoses turn us around!"

---Martin Luther King Jr., April 1968.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
yes, while wearing hollister, listening to an apple ipod, taking video with a sony camcorder, we will protest all these things and compare ourselves to martin luther king.....

What a joke

elohiym

To be honest I really didn't have any appreciation for the Vietnam Era Hippies until I saw the current crop in action. These current Hippies are a bunch of pampered spoiled sissies. The Vietnam Hippies were tough. :plain:

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't showing appreciation for the Vietnam era hippies, just pointing out that they made an impact while doing those things, sort of, that Angel was describing. I was just trying to answer as accurately as I could. :)

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
Noone is dependent on Wall Street. And Wall Street has so decimated Main Street at this point that there's nothing to occupy or boycott there. Main Street has become Wall Street aka Wallmart.

Good? :idunno:

I love wal-mart. It's awesome. What's so great about main street? I haven't seen one I wanted to shop around at in a long time.