toldailytopic: Occupy Wall Street calls for a general boycott on May Day (May 1st). W

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Don't get me wrong. I wasn't showing appreciation for the Vietnam era hippies, just pointing out that they made an impact while doing those things, sort of, that Angel was describing. I was just trying to answer as accurately as I could. :)

Oh, I hear you and agree totally...I guess "appreciate" is a poor choice of words but it's a rather stark reminder of how wimpy kids are nowadays. Give 'em a shot with pepper spray and they are screaming brutality. One has to wonder how they would fare with the nightstick strike across the bridge of the nose that their Grandpa got courtesy of Chicago or New Yorks finest.

eameece

yes, while wearing hollister, listening to an apple ipod, taking video with a sony camcorder, we will protest all these things and compare ourselves to martin luther king.....

What a joke

After what Wall Street did and is doing to us, we certainly need another Martin Luther King Jr. and lots of folks to march and rally with him. If he isn't around today, we make do with who IS around.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
After what Wall Street did and is doing to us, we certainly need another Martin Luther King Jr. and lots of folks to march and rally with him. If he isn't around today, we make do with who IS around.
Well, that's it! Where is this Wall Street guy?! I'm going to go give Mr. Street a piece of my mind! :sibbie:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

You really didn't get my post did you.

All12Cylinders

Occupy Wall Street - Woodstock without the good music, and really ugly people.
  • No Work - I want a handout, not a future!
  • No Chores - Why, they'll cleanup after me!
  • No Banking - Money, something they make and I want!
  • No Shopping - With my hemp, I can roll a pair of shoes, maybe a shirt, and even a pair of pants - cool!
  • No School - We don't need no education, teacher - leave them kids alone!

I love wal-mart. It's awesome. What's so great about main street? I haven't seen one I wanted to shop around at in a long time.

I think it would be more patriotic to support the small businesses of main street.

You right-wingers think walmart is such a great example of capitalism.

Picture the market as a literal garden of flowers. Now when one flower blocks the sun and kills all the other flowers, thereby treating it's competition like weeds, you think it is a beautiful thing? No, the plant that has blocked the sun is being abusive, and is acting as a weed. What was once a beautiful garden is now dominated by a single giant plant.

eameece

Well, that's it! Where is this Wall Street guy?! I'm going to go give Mr. Street a piece of my mind! :sibbie:

You ought to do that. That's what occupiers were doing. You might find him hanging around in one of those big buildings on a certain street. Mr. Street (no relation to Della) is quite an evil and powerful guy, all 00.1 % of him.

eameece

Good? :idunno:

I love wal-mart. It's awesome. What's so great about main street? I haven't seen one I wanted to shop around at in a long time.

Well that's kinda the point, idn't it miss contrary? They've all been put out of business by Wallmart and Wall Street, so no there isn't much there indeed. You republicans have done a good job killing it off. :execute:

eameece

You really didn't get my post did you.

Yeah, you wanted to knock and put down the Occupy crowd. I say, I don't care if they are as good or not as good as some other folk or whatever. They are saying the right things and (usually) doing the right things, and that's all the counts. Noone (yes noone :nananana: ) thinks people like you will like them. They don't care whether you like them or not.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Well that's kinda the point, idn't it miss contrary? They've all been put out of business by Wallmart and Wall Street, so no there isn't much there indeed. You republicans have done a good job killing it off. :execute:

Republicans forced people to shop at walmart vs kmart, the mall or main street?

explain.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Yeah, you wanted to knock and put down the Occupy crowd. I say, I don't care if they are as good or not as good as some other folk or whatever. They are saying the right things and (usually) doing the right things, and that's all the counts. Noone (yes noone :nananana: ) thinks people like you will like them. They don't care whether you like them or not.

Ok, this makes it even more clear that my post was over your head.

Let me help. They are complaining about american greed and corporations while they are using themselves what they are complaining about.

Tell me how by picketing them WHILE using their goods doesn't seem to be an issue for you or make them look like hypocritical morons who just want a handout instead of any real change of anything?

eameece

Republicans forced people to shop at walmart (or) kmart, vs. (the mall or) main street?

explain.

Sure (though I doubt you will get it; free marketeers just don't get it).

Republicans enforce economic policies that allow big companies to get bigger and bigger. Anti-trust laws are not enforced. Allow companies to do what they want, ship jobs overseas, sell imported cheap goods; that's free trade and deregulation. Walmart can underprice Main Street and get shoppers that way, but the result is nothing but low quality goods, low wages, and no communities. Smart cities and towns simply refuse to allow Walmarts to come in. But that takes progressive officials responding to the people, not Republicans who only respond to the power of corporations.

eameece

Ok, this makes it even more clear that my post was over your head.

Let me help. They are complaining about american greed and corporations while they are using themselves what they are complaining about.

Tell me how by picketing them WHILE using their goods doesn't seem to be an issue for you or make them look like hypocritical morons who just want a handout instead of any real change of anything?

So what if they are using their goods? What relevance is that to the policies they are complaining about? What they want is real changes in policy away from enabling corporate greed and criminal behavior, lack of opportunity and inequality. So what if they use cell phones or lap tops? That's what's available, so they use it. Lap tops can be produced in a just system, just like industry was much more productive in the 1950s and 60s when we had a more fair system than the post-Reagan, Social Darwinist, corrupt trickle-down society we have now.

But you free marketeers are so hooked and deceived that you can't see what is happening even if it hits you in the face. Financial gambling with bad mortgages was enabled by deregulation, and caused a great recession, but you guys still think the answer is more deregulation; more trickle-down economics. It never worked, and never will. You can't drive a car with no brakes.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
You must have misunderstood me. I'll try again, speaking more slowly this time.

Goooood.

Wal-mart > Main Street

Republicans enforce economic policies that allow big companies to get bigger and bigger.
OMG, that's horrible! :shocked:

:rolleyes:
Anti-trust laws are not enforced.
Then enforce them? :idunno:

Allow companies to do what they want, ship jobs overseas, sell imported cheap goods; that's free trade and deregulation.
Omg, teh horrorz!

Walmart can underprice Main Street and get shoppers that way,...
Good for them. :thumb:

...but the result is nothing but low quality goods,
I like 'em. Who are you to tell me what's high enough quality for me? Maybe I like the $10 can opener over the $110 one over on Main Street. :idunno:

low wages
And yet they have no problem hiring. People throw job applications at Wal-Mart all day long. Imagine that.

...and no communities.
Who shops at Wal-Mart? All those people who suddenly cease to exist when they set up a store nearby? One wonders how they make a profit with no customers.
Smart cities and towns simply refuse to allow Walmarts to come in. But that takes progressive officials responding to the people, not Republicans who only respond to the power of corporations.
I'm people. I like Wal-Mart. All the people I know like Wal-Mart. Most people like Wal-mart. So... :idunno: