toldailytopic: Jesus is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus is my Lord and savior. By far the best friend I ever had.

Ecumenicist

Jesus is -

Immanent God, God manifest in this Universe - in human form, and in Spirit, ever faithful, ever loving, and ever selfless, choosing to appear in human form and to suffer and die as a human, and resurrected to show the way to life eternal. Source of all healing, hope, peace, patience, love, kindness, faithfulness, joy, still selflessly manifesting His Holy Presence even in peoples and faiths who do not know Him by name. Comforter, healer, advocate for all peoples, Lord to those who pledge their lives and service to Him, selflessly serving others as He instructed by word and by example.

Amen

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Need I say more?!!

Unless you're referring to demigods.

Christ is fully God and fully man. 1 person. 2 natures. In Christianity, this is what we mean when we say "the hypostatic union." Two natures (God and man) are hypostatically united in the person of Christ. This is not to say that God and man become conflated into the same nature (God is man or man is God), but rather that both, remaining separate and distinct natures (God is not man; man is not God) may be predicated of the same person (Christ is God; Christ is man).

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Christ is fully God and fully man. 1 person. 2 natures. In Christianity, this is what we mean when we say "the hypostatic union." Two natures (God and man) are hypostatically united in the person of Christ. This is not to say that God and man become conflated into the same nature (God is man or man is God), but rather that both, remaining separate and distinct natures (God is not man; man is not God) may be predicated of the same person (Christ is God; Christ is man).

:dizzy:

Nydhogg

That's utterly incomprehensible.
If men are not gods, and gods are not men, nobody can be a man and a god.

The conclusion violates the premises.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
That's utterly incomprehensible.
If men are not gods, and gods are not men, nobody can be a man and a god.

The conclusion violates the premises.

No, no. You've misunderstood. Manhood is not godhod. Godhood is not manhood. Man isn't God in the same way that glass isn't a drinking vessel (I use this example because that's the one most readily at hand to me; I'm presently drinking out of a glass drinking vessel).

Considered as universals/concepts/ideas, manhood isn't Godhead.

But we're not talking about universals. We're talking about a concrete particular. Christ is a particular man, and it just so happens that He also happens to be God, much in the same way that this particular drinking vessel happens to be glass.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus?

Rev 19:13...... his name is called The Word of God.

Rev 19:16 And he hath on his garment and on his thigh a name written, KINGS OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Nydhogg

Brown (qua universal) is not hard (qua universal). Yet, the same object can be both brown and hard. Consider a piece of wood.

Brown doesn't imply "not hard". That's where your analogy falls flat.
A God is, by definition, not a human being. One can't be both.

Status
Not open for further replies.