toldailytopic: It is often said that everyone has a price, but there is no amount of

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
I'm a little amazed at how many times I said, "Eeew!" while reading through this thread.

My step-son asked me yesterday if I'd streak in front of the President for a million bucks. I thought about it for a couple of seconds and said, "Oh, heck yeah!" In fact, I wished I'd known that was even an option before that other guy did it. Darn it.

In retrospect, that shouldn't be where I stand on that issue. But I did answer honestly, I have to admit.

It did, of course, lead him to exploring the concept and attempting to find something I wouldn't do for a million bucks. It took a while but he we finally stumbled across two. Prostitution and killing baby kittens.

Which I have to admit is a little odd, considering I just admitted no problem with streaking in front of the President for a mere million bucks. :idunno:

To his credit, he gave me a funny look over that one. Hence my reconsideration of the Presidential streaking. Maybe two million, though...

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
After reading you two, it's going to be a long time till my next Escargot meal! :chew::vomit: Thanks Ladies!:rotfl:
Honestly, I'd rather eat a booger than either escargot or oysters. As long as it was my booger, I mean. Someone else's...yeah, the oyster would probably win out easy enough. Escargot would probably require some serious consideration first, though.

Also, eeew!

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
I'm a little amazed at how many times I said, "Eeew!" while reading through this thread.

My step-son asked me yesterday if I'd streak in front of the President for a million bucks. I thought about it for a couple of seconds and said, "Oh, heck yeah!" In fact, I wished I'd known that was even an option before that other guy did it. Darn it.

In retrospect, that shouldn't be where I stand on that issue. But I did answer honestly, I have to admit.

It did, of course, lead him to exploring the concept and attempting to find something I wouldn't do for a million bucks. It took a while but he we finally stumbled across two. Prostitution and killing baby kittens.

Which I have to admit is a little odd, considering I just admitted no problem with streaking in front of the President for a mere million bucks. :idunno:

To his credit, he gave me a funny look over that one. Hence my reconsideration of the Presidential streaking. Maybe two million, though...

MaryC streaking? Eeeeew:rotfl:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Honestly, I'd rather eat a booger than either escargot or oysters. As long as it was my booger, I mean. Someone else's...yeah, the oyster would probably win out easy enough. Escargot would probably require some serious consideration first, though.

Also, eeew!

Come on Mary, down the bayou there's a number of food dishes may create suspicion to an outsider. Nutria anyone?

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
Come on Mary, down the bayou there's a number of food dishes may create suspicion to an outsider. Nutria anyone?
Eeew! Nope! Have not, will not!

I do love crawfish, though. And ever there was a critter that God designed so as to suggest to observers that it not be eaten...that's surely one of them.

I have a theory about critters. God made two kinds. The "A" critters that just look tasty and good to eat...and the "B" critters that He made edible for the sake of folk that wander out of the desert on the brink of starvation and need to eat something, anything, right now or they'll die.

Escargot, oysters, nutria, crawfish...all "B" critters. Good enough to eat and all but...I can't help but picture God looking down and saying, "Seriously? You ate that on purpose?"

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

:think:

How much money would it take for you to post a picture of yourself online? Fully clothed, of course. No Burke.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
:squint: You mean you could discern an actual flavor? I stopped ordering it because it struck me that they were rather like mushrooms; no actual flavor of their own but rather absorbed the flavors they were cooked in. This being the case I decided it was silly to pay extra for what amounted to eating butter & garlic. :chuckle:

That's what I thought too, didnt really seem to be any point in eating them.

Status
Not open for further replies.