toldailytopic: It is often said that everyone has a price, but there is no amount of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzword

No amount of money could make me:

Listen to an entire...
Lady Gaga
Justin Beiber
Jonas Brothers
Ke$ha
...song.

Play football in pads again.

Watch any national news channel.

Leave my wife.

Stop reading.
Stop writing.
Stop making music.

Dena

toldailytopic: It is often said that everyone has a price,
but there is no amount of money on the planet that would get me to...

Not love/leave Mrs Psalmist; stop nursing home visitation; eating dark chocolate.

I love dark chocolate! :devil:

Edit: I see you meant "stop eating dark chocolate" Whew! Good. For a minute I thought you were a crazy person.:chuckle:

Last edited:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
For me? No amount of money could get me to eat liver! I hate it!
I've never tasted Escargot because it would be like putting a great big booger in one's mouth! :eek:

Calves liver is great fried in onions!

Escargot is almost like eating scallops, little flavor difference though, no boogers...?

No amount of money could stop me from eating;
Crawfish...crawdads... mud bugs....Louisiana lobster
Spicy Blue crabs

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Even if your grandson were playing in it?
Grandson?!

How old do you think he is?

I've never tasted Escargot because it would be like putting a great big booger in one's mouth! :eek:
I assume they don't taste similar. I don't even think the texture is the same. I've heard oysters are, though [same texture]. Or maybe that's just the stuff around the actual oyster meat.

bybee

Oh boy!

Oh boy!

Escargot is almost like eating scallops, little flavor difference though, no boogers...?

Spicy Blue crabs

I'd starve to death! Give me hotdish!

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

Spicy Blue crabs

:squint: You mean you could discern an actual flavor? I stopped ordering it because it struck me that they were rather like mushrooms; no actual flavor of their own but rather absorbed the flavors they were cooked in. This being the case I decided it was silly to pay extra for what amounted to eating butter & garlic. :chuckle:

nicholsmom

Grandson?!

How old do you think he is?

He has six kids (all at home right now), so I'm guessing that one day he will have at least one grandson who wants to play soccer. Remember the lesson of Solomon - his wives led him astray; so any one of the spouses of his kids could easily lead his kids so far astray that one of his grandkids will play soccer :chuckle:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
:squint: You mean you could discern an actual flavor? I stopped ordering it because it struck me that they were rather like mushrooms; no actual flavor of their own but rather absorbed the flavors they were cooked in. This being the case I decided it was silly to pay extra for what amounted to eating butter & garlic. :chuckle:

To be totally honest with you TomO, Escargot and Potobella mushrooms has very little of their own flavor and it is the seasoning that makes the dish I'm afraid, so yes sir, your right!

In defense of my taste buds, once you toss in Garlic, almost all other flavor from the main food item is gone for me. Might be why if I enjoy a specific food (beef), I pretty much eat it naked!

Granite

Hall of Fame
For me? No amount of money could get me to eat liver! I hate it!

You're missing out on escargot; the flavor is similar to a rich, plump mushroom.

bybee

Well

Well

You're missing out on escargot; the flavor is similar to a rich, plump mushroom.

It's just the idea of it, the look of it, the texture of it! It's like beef tongue, if I don't know what I'm eating it's fine. The minute someone says "you're eating beef tongue" it's over. :D

nicholsmom

Strangely enough, this is how I convinced my husband to eat summer squash - it's a great carrier for butter and garlic. And much cheaper than snails (unless you harvest your own -ew) :chuckle:

I love the taste of mushrooms, btw. I even love them just micro-waved with just a bit of salt. I do doubt that escargots taste like scallops, though, since scallops need no garlic :TomO: and escargots are thoroughly saturated in it by all accounts.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
To be totally honest with you TomO, Escargot and Potobella mushrooms has very little of their own flavor and it is the seasoning that makes the dish I'm afraid, so yes sir, your right!

In defense of my taste buds, once you toss in Garlic, almost all other flavor from the main food item is gone for me. Might be why if I enjoy a specific food (beef), I pretty much eat it naked!

Once you have garlic why would one need any other flavor. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.