toldailytopic: Is it immoral to smoke Marijuana?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulos

Everybody realizes that marijuana's status is a holdover from Prohibition that was steeped in racism, right?

Alcohol was re-legalized because it was the white man's drug of choice, while cannabis was made illegal with the excuse that it was the brown man's drug of choice. End of.

Marijuana certainly wasn't made illegal on the basis that it is more dangerous than alcohol, because we all know it isn't. We all know that alcohol is far more dangerous than marijuana. A false perception of danger had to be created in order to make the cannabis plant illegal ("Reefer Madness"). We live in a system based upon lies.

student_ad_x

Any discussion on the merits of "weed" being used in a responsible manner is going to have to overcome the stereotype of Beavis and Butthead behavior or misinformation ala Reefer Madness.

My view on this has changed a bit over time. I don't see responsible use of medication (man made/synthetic or God given) as something that effects the love towards God or neighbor. When responsible use crosses into abuse, therein lies the moral issue.

AnitaNL

Wrong and Right are God given values and are the standard of moral or immoral behaviour. The fact whether something's legal or not depends on the judicial system in a country. Whether something is immoral to do has little to do with the legal system. It can be made illegal to pray on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, but is it therefore immoral to do? Of course not

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Marijuana is so nontoxic that it has never caused a single death due to overdose. By contrast, consider all of the cases of lung cancer, liver disease, and drunk-driving deaths caused in this country every day by alcohol and tobacco. Now THAT is what I call immoral. You'd think we'd make tobacco and alcohol illegal too, but we don't roll that way in the good 'ol USA. We like to do things hypocritically here. And we all know what Jesus thought of hypocrites, don't we?

http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword...ion1=9&searchtype=all&bookset=4&limit=bookset

Marijuana's illegal pretty much everywhere, Paulos, including in countries which aren't predominately non-white. It has less to do with race and more to do with the bourgeosie. If people are high, then the bourgeosie can't exploit the workers as effectively. :idunno:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
There not anything moral or immoral about Marijuana, no more than alcohol, which is prohibited only by those who believe it is a bad act lead to prediction, rather than good faith leading to Grace. There is no rule about being a sin to alter your state of consciousness. It is much like other thing some people hate and want to make it a moral issue. To all those, I say "Jump in a lake!"

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I eat cold hotdogs, my wife says thats gross, have a piece of balony.
Well, maybe she's just full of the latter regarding the former.

That said: :mock: chilly dogs...and yes, I know and yes, it was.

How do you feel about Vienna sausages? :chew: And have you tried them with barbecue sauce? :eek:

Oh, and of course it's immoral to break the law. :poly:

AnitaNL

There not anything moral or immoral about Marijuana, no more than alcohol, which is prohibited only by those who believe it is a bad act lead to prediction, rather than good faith leading to Grace. There is no rule about being a sin to alter your state of consciousness. It is much like other thing some people hate and want to make it a moral issue. To all those, I say "Jump in a lake!"

But it IS a sin to alter your state of consciousness. It's because of that that smoking marijuana is immoral. But be my guest, I have no problem with sinners. I'm just trying to sin somewhat less myself.

fool

Hall of Fame
How do you feel about Vienna sausages? :chew: And have you tried them with barbecue sauce? :eek:

I don't care for Vienna sausages but my kids love them for breakfast.
At Thanksgiving you can count on fool to show up with a crockpot of little smokies swimming in BBQ sauce.
And tooth pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.