toldailytopic: Is belief in the trinity necessary for salvation?

Cruciform

You Catholics really are suckers. Though I do have to applaud Satan on his brilliant work of infiltrating the Church right from the start. Quite the endeavor there, he even tainted the reformists with a false idol.
Your affirmation of the ancient pseudo-christian heresy of Ecclesial Deism is noted. :doh:

Revelations will put all this in it's rightful place, so enjoy your trump while you can.
What in the world is "RevelationS"?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

godrulz

Hall of Fame
This is one of my issues as well. Under some conceptions of the trinity, I don't see how tritheism or polytheism can be avoided.

The triune nature is compound unity, not solitary, not polytheism. You are confusing nature/substance/essence with personal distinctions. Father/Son/Spirit share the ONE same nature and are not 3 beings, not 3 gods, not 3 natures, not 3 spirits. Mormonism is tritheism, while Christianity is triunity. You are thinking in terms of human vs divine persons, finite vs infinite, reason vs revelation.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
The Comma Johanneum and Cyprian

Actually, neither men claimed that. It should be self-evident from the article on Cyprian that he was not. As for Tertullian, if the Comma Johanneum had been written by John, Tertullian would certainly have quoted it to defend his Trinity concept that, according to him, was the minority view of the time, yet he never cites the alleged verse. The majority of Christians in Tertullian's day, according to him, held to the Sabellian view of the oneness of God.

Arianism and Sabellianism were later attacks on the triune view in church history. The formalization and fine-tuning of what was already held by the early church occurred in response to these NEW heretical attacks.

Cruciform

At least my opinion is MINE.
No it isn't. Like everyone else, you derive your theological ideas and beliefs from numerous religious sources (i.e., traditions) outside of yourself. Your beliefs are no more "yours" than are Catholics' beliefs theirs.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

oatmeal

You deny Christ's diety which puts the Fail upon you...Again. Go back to the "Kingdom Hall" and tell them they are wrong.

You deny the clear teachings of scripture.

It is no challenge to handle your scorn.

It is you that denies the clear testimony of scripture.

That you will answer to God for.

Romans 14:12

oatmeal

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Pot. Meet kettle.
BLACK.

You can't even pretend to act as if the trinitarians on here are not utterly absurd with their unholy idol :rotfl:

And trinitarians actually deserve a bit of scorn for their crimes against humanity. To me, the trinity symbol is equivalent to a swastika.
Well that was serious :banned: mistake.

So now Sum1sGruj is idle.

oatmeal

Yes, the trinity is not a necessary doctrine. However, Jesus did say he was God. He also asked those who claimed he was blasphemous in saying so, to remember that their own scripture says that they are God too.
John 10: 30-34

Gee whiz, folks; what part of that do you not understand?

Jesus was a mystic. The mystic truth is, each of us is one with God, and IS God; fully divine. I and the Father are one. Jesus taught the mystic truth. Some people who do not recognize the mystic truth, use Christianity to argue and fight with others, or set themselves apart as "saved." Jesus, however, taught love and forgiveness.

John 10:28-36

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

I and my Father are one.

Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?"

gods are those by whom the word of God came. Like Moses, Paul, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Obadiah, Peter, John and of course Jesus Christ.

They are all gods, but not one of them is "the God"

oatmeal

eameece

gods are those by whom the word of God came. Like Moses, Paul, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Obadiah, Peter, John and of course Jesus Christ.

They are all gods, but not one of them is "the God"

oatmeal

They are all divine, and so are we. To be divine, is to be one with God. No separate-appearing individual is God. And yet, our deepest identity is God, and we and "The Father" are one. They stoned Jesus for saying that, and he replied, in effect, so are you, so why do you stone me? That is the only way to read that verse that makes any sense.

And I salute you for talking some sense to the trinitarians.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 29th, 2012 10:10 AM

toldailytopic: Is belief in the trinity necessary for salvation?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Absolutely not! Believe in Jesus as Son of God and Savior of the world, and accepting Him as your Lord, meaning you should obey everything what He commands.

"For God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." This verse is the core of Christianity, not additional trinity that trin churches made up..

Tine churches dont honor Jesus' as their Lord by being disobedient to Him by approving killing their enemy against Jesus' word. Being obedient is much more important than calling Him God yet, disobey His commandment. Hypocrisy is not of Jesus.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Absolutely not! Believe in Jesus as Son of God and Savior of the world, and accepting Him as your Lord, meaning you should obey everything what He commands.

"For God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." This verse is the core of Christianity, not additional trinity that trin churches made up..

Tine churches dont honor Jesus' as their Lord by being disobedient to Him by approving killing their enemy against Jesus' word. Being obedient is much more important than calling Him God yet, disobey His commandment. Hypocrisy is not of Jesus.

I see you haven't changed. Still ranting and raving like the crazy person you are...

Lon

However, since you have chosen to use the unbelieving/enemies of Jesus Christ theology to prove your theology, you lose.

You have shown your true colors.
Er, here is your opportunity:

John 4:22

Matthew 23:2-3

Oops!!!

Do you ever wonder why there are so few of you?
Do you ever wonder why most of us think you are --> :flamer:
Do you stop and wonder if your grades in school have anything to do with your disabilities?
Do you ever wonder why most of those who hold to your position are called 'cults?'
Do you ever wonder why there are only a few of you who are right though not one of you got 4.0's?

Probably not, I'm just asking.

Try reading those very short verses again in conjuction with these question, I'm just sayin'....

Lon

James 2:19

"Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble."

You and the devils believe:

a. three in one God

b. the trinity

c. Jesus Christ is God

d. all of the above

e. that there is one God.

If you picked "e" then you have what scripture teaches, if you picked any other answer, you fail.

oatmeal

Hey everybody, let's let the E students teach the class! They have something new that we never thought of before!

:think: (do I want to be an A student or and E or F student....)

Drake Shelton

elohiym does not understand the Nicene Creed

elohiym does not understand the Nicene Creed

Two admissions. They believe God has three minds.

Wrong. the Trinity has three minds. God (speaking in the concrete) is the Father. One Mind. The other two persons are termed Theos/God in the abstract, meaning that they share a generic nature with the father.

Drake Shelton

Well, genius that you're not, you're not in a position (believe me) to dictate what verses in Scripture are supposed to be there and which are not. It's better you shut down your desktop than start removing Scripture from the Bible and calling them "uninspired" Who do you think you are? whoever it is, I wouldn't trust you to tell me the world wasn't flat!!!!!!!!

You're disgusting and ignorant!!!!

I'm a Nicene Creed Trinitarian. He is not ignorant. Those passages are not in the originals.