toldailytopic: How did the universe come into existence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Eyed Jack

I think there's a model
where the universe does
experience a heat-death,
and then all the particles in
the universe basically
disappear from where they
are and reappear together
in a singularity, which then
explodes, creating another
universe. At least, I think
that's the gist of it----OneEyedJack. If all particles are converted into pure energy or waves if you will, there is no way to make a singularity out of electromagnetic waves that are evenly dispersed. A singularity requires matter for gravity to act upon it. No matter---- No singularity.

Energy can also exist in the form of particles (photons, neutrinos, etc.). We're talking about quantum stuff on a subatomic level here. But like I said, I don't subscribe to this particular model (I'm a YEC, myself) -- I'm just throwing it out there for consideration.

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
I don't think it works like
that----pyramidhead. The rate of thermonuclear reactions is dependent on the what the value of the speed of light is.

fool

Hall of Fame
Not necessarily. As long as we each know what the other is talking about, couldn't we agree to disagree on that particular issue and move forward?

You don't want to war over it for thousands of years?
Have it your way, we will be leaving most of the people in this thread behind but they haven't really been doing much anyway.

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
----oneeyed jack.. Photons have no mass. Neutrinos have neglible mass if they even have any. Even if they do, A universe of dispersed neutrinos will eventually collapse under gravity and the huge mass will react again with itself and start generating heat waves.

fool

Hall of Fame
Energy can also exist in the form of particles (photons, neutrinos, etc.). We're talking about quantum stuff on a subatomic level here. But like I said, I don't subscribe to this particular model (I'm a YEC, myself) -- I'm just throwing it out there for consideration.

We didn't build a place like CERN because we know everything.

One Eyed Jack

In a far distant future, why would all matter convert to energy?

It's probably more accurate to say all matter that would have converted into energy will have already done so by then. Everything else would be pretty much dead and inert. You might have some frozen chunks of carbon here and there, or even some super-massive black holes floating around, but unless they crash into each other (which they won't, due to universal expansion), you're not going to get any sort of energetic reaction out of them.

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
DavisBJ. All matter may not initially convert into heat waves but it eventually will. Once all heat waves are generated and matter is thoroughly dispersed, the remaining matter will collapse again and the heat generating processes will restart anew. Eventually through enough such collapses and heat generating phases, all matter eventually is converted into a dispersed energy in the form of heat waves.

Lovejoy

It's probably more accurate to say all matter that would have converted into energy will have already done so by then. Everything else would be pretty much dead and inert. You might have some frozen chunks of carbon here and there, or even some super-massive black holes floating around, but unless they crash into each other (which they won't, due to universal expansion), you're not going to get any sort of energetic reaction out of them.

Sort of like my kids on a Monday morning.

Lovejoy

We didn't build a place like CERN because we know everything.

And we never will. I have heard that it would galaxy sized colliders to find the smallest, earliest particles. So, you might as well have fun speculating.

fool

Hall of Fame
And we never will. I have heard that it would galaxy sized colliders to find the smallest, earliest particles.
:think: We can see colliding galaxies.
So, you might as well have fun speculating.
There's speculating and then there is believing something for poor reasons.
Which doesn't make it not true by the way.

Lovejoy

:think: We can see colliding galaxies.

Which is awesome, but I don't think we can build a galaxy sized CERN.

There's speculating and then there is believing something for poor reasons.
Which doesn't make it not true by the way.

True enough, but if you have no warrant for your belief, I don't care how correct it is. You are still stupid for having it. I firmly believe that. :ha: I hope to find warrant in speculation. Of course, I will still undercut all theories that I find completely wrong, that is, ones that are devastating to my own precious opinions. But then, I am no fool.

One Eyed Jack

----oneeyed jack.. Photons have no mass. Neutrinos have neglible mass if they even have any. Even if they do, A universe of dispersed neutrinos will eventually collapse under gravity and the huge mass will react again with itself and start generating heat waves.

Or everything could get swallowed up by super-massive black holes that eventually fizzle away due to Hawking radiation. Who knows, really?

fool

Hall of Fame
Which is awesome, but I don't think we can build a galaxy sized CERN.
We can't with that kind of attitude.

True enough, but if you have no warrant for your belief, I don't care how correct it is. You are still stupid for having it.
Agree

I firmly believe that. :ha: I hope to find warrant in speculation. Of course, I will still undercut all theories that I find completely wrong, that is, ones that are devastating to my own precious opinions. But then, I am no fool.
It takes some getting used to.

fool

Hall of Fame
Or everything could get swallowed up by super-massive black holes that eventually fizzle away due to Hawking radiation. Who knows, really?

I heard one where every black hole here is a big bang somewhere else.
And of course our big bang is a black hole somewhere which is a black hole yada yada yada.
Turtles all the way up and down.

fool

Hall of Fame
I feel safe in being a bit skeptical about this! But my attitude came up at my last annual eval.
Better than having your lunch come up.
It is this sort of thing that makes me such a terrible debater.
An over rated endevour. You can lose a debate and still be right or win one and still be wrong. More of a theatre for the masses who need their concepts in sound bites.
It's your gig, anyway. I am striving for dementia over "fool"ishness.
How will you know when you've achieved it?

Status
Not open for further replies.