toldailytopic: Happy atheist day!

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I appreciate that there are atheists among us. I don't have to agree with someone to be happy that they exist.

Happy Atheist Day to the atheists, and thanks for being who you are.

Think of it this way PureX: If it weren't for God-hating atheists, you'd be all by yourself spouting off your leftwing ideology in political debates.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Oh, I get it. Because it's April Fool's Day, get it? GET IT? Fool's Day. Yeah. Wow. Have not heard that one before. Yeah. April Fool's Day, people. Get it?

PureX

Oh, I get it. Because it's April Fool's Day, get it? GET IT? Fool's Day. Yeah. Wow. Have not heard that one before. Yeah. April Fool's Day, people. Get it?
I didn't get it at first, either. I guess we're just not that maliciously minded. :)

fool

Hall of Fame
I didn't get it at first, either. I guess we're just not that maliciously minded. :)

That's called Projection.
You tend to think that other people are just like you.
For example I tell the truth and I assume everyone else is as well.
I notice that people who lie alot seem to think that everyone else is lieing all the time.
People who eat lobster think everyone eats lobster (I'm sure they know everyone dosen't eat lobster but if they had to guess a number it would be wildly inflated)

PureX

That's called Projection.
You tend to think that other people are just like you.
For example I tell the truth and I assume everyone else is as well.
I notice that people who lie alot seem to think that everyone else is lieing all the time.
People who eat lobster think everyone eats lobster (I'm sure they know everyone dosen't eat lobster but if they had to guess a number it would be wildly inflated)
I guess that's true. We do tend to do that.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Like them or not, at least atheists don't fly airplanes into tall buildings, murder doctors or bomb women's health facilities, don't want to deny gay people rights, want to persecute people for not being atheists, don't believe in idiotic fairy tales about Adam and Eve, a talking snake, forbidden fruit, Noah and his ark ,etc.

jeffblue101

Like them or not, at least atheists don't fly airplanes into tall buildings, murder doctors or bomb women's health facilities, don't want to deny gay people rights, want to persecute people for not being atheists, don't believe in idiotic fairy tales about Adam and Eve, a talking snake, forbidden fruit, Noah and his ark ,etc.

Instead they institute communist regimes that murder millions of people for the sake of an "utopian society".

alwight

Instead they institute communist regimes that murder millions of people for the sake of a "utopian society".
Not true, communists create communist regimes by following communist doctrine.
It's the mindless adherence to a doctrine that leads to widespread misery and mass death.
Atheism, just like theism, is no doctrine.

jeffblue101

Not true, communists create communist regimes by following communist doctrine.
It's the mindless adherence to a doctrine that leads to widespread misery and mass death.
Atheism, just like theism, is no doctrine.

Why then that the majority ,if not all, of the communist regimes are run by atheists? It seems that every time an atheist has a chance to make a difference through governance, they just can't help but to promote regimes that murder millions of people.

PureX

Why then that the majority ,if not all, of the communist regimes are run by atheists? It seems that every time an atheist has a chance to make a difference through governance, they just can't help but to promote regimes that murder millions of people.
Because they were liars, as well as killers and thieves, and they were never communists at all. They were despots. But you won't want to hear that, because you have already made these imaginary "communists" one of your ideological scapegoats.

Lots of theists have also been despots, liars, killers, and thieves, throughout history. So I guess what people profess to believe about God has no bearing on how they behave toward other human beings.