toldailytopic: Glenn Beck, love him or hate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seydlitz77

Having watched Beck in both the Bush and Obama years he appears to be someone who places himself against many government policies of the day to point out what is wrong with them.

We always need people like that to make sure the other side is presented and we aren't hoodwinked. :up:

fool

Hall of Fame
Ayn Rand was an awesome writer.
Glen Beck talks to fast, him and Rachael Maddow are both fingernails on the chalk board.
Sarah Palin is hot.

Nitro

A really enjoyed listening to him a few years ago. He seems to have changed his show a lot. Now I rarely listen to him.

Ps82

Having watched Beck in both the Bush and Obama years he appears to be someone who places himself against many government policies of the day to point out what is wrong with them.

We always need people like that to make sure the other side is presented and we aren't hoodwinked. :up:

I agree.
Go Glenn. Keep putting the links together in understandable visuals on your black board.

I pray for his safety and success.

zoo22

I am really interested in how you feel about Beck
but
without the links

I'd posted what I think of him a while back in this thread.

Besides what I'd said before, I believe he capitalizes on polarizing the country, and on fear. So he polarizes and builds fear. I feel that he's laughing his pandering money-hungry self to the bank. And I feel that he has a darkness inside him, and that he drags people into darkness. Of course, that's just a feeling.

But why don't you want the links?

I can only imagine what he'd have to say, what sort of fit he'd present, if it were a lie-beral public figure who'd done the same sort of "erasing" as he did.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I'd posted what I think of him a while back in this thread.

Besides what I'd said before, I believe he capitalizes on polarizing the country, and on fear. So he polarizes and builds fear. I feel that he's laughing his pandering money-hungry self to the bank. And I feel that he has a darkness inside him, and that he drags people into darkness. Of course, that's just a feeling.

But why don't you want the links?

I can only imagine what he'd have to say, what sort of fit he'd present, if it were a lie-beral public figure who'd done the same sort of "erasing" as he did.

so in order to avoid polarization and fear

we should all go along with the main stream media?

zoo22

so in order to avoid polarization and fear

we should all go along with the main stream media?

No, I don't think so. But I think Beck is pretty mainstream. I might dislike him less if he were more clearly identified as a comedian at core as Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert are.

I don't see much of a way to avoid polarization and fear via media. But maybe I'm just feeling extra cynical right now. :plain:

Ps82

Beck does not polarize our country ... It's the the varying content that is within hearts of people that has polarized our nation.

Yes, our nation is clearly polarized, and I don't think the liberals like to see opposition finally surfacing from previously peace loving, TOO tolerant, TOO trustful, TOO busy, apathetic people.

Well, tough. It's about time they spoke up!

zoo22

Beck does not polarize our country ... It's the the varying content that is within hearts of people that has polarized our nation.

And like I said, I think he capitalizes on that. And fosters it.

But I enjoy similar entertainers, like Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert. And they obviously have their liberal biases.

Ps82;2398451Yes said:
peace loving[/B], TOO tolerant, TOO trustful, TOO busy, apathetic people.

Yeah, it's not as if liberals have ever faced opposition before...

Wha??

:plain:

Well, tough. It's about time they spoke up!

As well people should. :) And it's probably nice to have someone like Beck telling them what to say.

Ps82

Hi zoo,
You wrote:
And like I said, I think he capitalizes on that. And fosters it.

And so you think the liberals or radical groups don't do any of that sort of thing??? Wake up. Who is calling the Tea Party groups racists... when they are not. Who is trying to stir up trouble on that front? I say its the people to the LEFT of conservatives.

You wrote:
But I enjoy similar entertainers, like Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert. And they obviously have their liberal biases.

That's fine. You have made your choice of content to hear based on what is in your heart as well... between you and I there is a big gap - which was my point exactly.

You wrote:
Yeah, it's not as if liberals have ever faced opposition before...

Wha??

Perhaps they have experienced some, but not at the level they are feeling it now. Why else would there be so many misleading slanders and such whining. You're right, they are used to whining whenever they have opposition. They actually have become experts. They've learned this lesson ... tell a lie often enough and it will become truth in the ears of a lot of people.

You wrote:
And it's probably nice to have someone like Beck telling them what to say.

I am not just saying and thinking what he says ... He is like my voice crying out for me ... I listen to him by choice, and I agree with him!

Go Beck.

Status
Not open for further replies.