toldailytopic: Glenn Beck, love him or hate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Glenn Beck is an entertainer which is why he is so popular. None of the guys you mention have the charisma or personality to be a Glenn Beck. If they did.... they would doing it.

I saw Ken Ham speak in person just a couple weeks ago, he's great! But totally different from Glenn Beck.

:plain: Yeah, I like Charles Stanley & John MacArthur but they aren't very entertaining.....unless you really are interested in the subject to begin with.....which I usually am.

GuySmiley

For chrysostom:

I like Glenn Beck lots
He's very intelligent
Liberals hate him.

I actually do like him, but I don't regularly watch him. I've just seen clips of him (from haters :) ) here and there and I think he's funny. I had a friend who used to call me and tell me to tune in to his show when he did More-on trivia to make NFL picks. That was funny.

Memento Mori

I've only seen him through Stew Beef's (Jon Stewart) and Colbert's shows. So, I've only seen the negative except once which was his opinion about the NY (attempt) bomber recently. He said that the bomber should receive all the rights of an American citizen being detained because he was a citizen.

From what I've seen he tends to be emotionally over the top with his position.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I've only seen him through Stew Beef's (Jon Stewart) and Colbert's shows. So, I've only seen the negative except once which was his opinion about the NY (attempt) bomber recently. He said that the bomber should receive all the rights of an American citizen being detained because he was a citizen.

From what I've seen he tends to be emotionally over the top with his position.

you are what you watch

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 17th, 2010 11:39 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
He's no Doug McBurney, but I like him!

Non-Excluvistic

BANNED
Banned
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 17th, 2010 11:39 AM

I don't know if I hate anyone; actually I'm 100% sure I don't. I don't think he is a trustworthy person. I couldn't depend on him to set aside his motives or personal feelings to tell the truth on any particular subject.

Non-Excluvistic

BANNED
Banned
I cannot stand him. He comes across as so immature, childish, petty and absurd, I can't stand to listen to him for more than a half hour max, and that's a difficult prospect, at that. Frequently, he comes across to me as a 6-year-old who is acting out and needs a sharp swat on the backside or a rap on the knuckles.

Yes, Beck is definitely immature.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I don't think he is a trustworthy person.
He isn't trustworthy. He is not a Christian indwelled with the presence of the Holy Spirit (Isa 11:2; 40:13,14). I wouldn't trust him as far as I could through him. :chew:

It seems when you listen to his broadcast, that he's moments away from telling you to gather up cans to store in your basement. :dizzy: We don't trust in Campbells. We trust in the Lord (Ps 115:11).

...and I don't like to see grown men cry on camera. :idunno:

drbrumley

Glenn is coming close to what is going on. When he finally puts all the pieces of the puzzle together, I will be glad for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.