toldailytopic: During His earthly ministry would Jesus have approved of the homosexua

elohiym

Who knows what you mean by homosexuality. :idunno:

Homosexual -

1: of, relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward another of the same sex

2: of, relating to, or involving sexual intercourse between persons of the same sex

A person who is sexually attracted to the same sex, whether they act on that attraction or not, is a homosexual.

Clear?

- You don't think homosexuality is a sin.
- I don't think homosexuality is a sin.

Clear?

- You think certain consensual sexual acts are necessarily sin when homosexuals do them, but not when married heterosexuals do them.
- I don't think certain consensual sexual acts are sin, whether heterosexuals or homosexuals engage in them.

Clear?

genuineoriginal

We could just cut straight to the seventh-day sabbath, if you like.

Do you keep the fourth commandment? Yes or no.
Should we believe the words of Paul? Yes or no.

Romans 1:27,32
27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.​

genuineoriginal

Homosexual -

1: of, relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward another of the same sex

2: of, relating to, or involving sexual intercourse between persons of the same sex

- I don't think homosexuality is a sin.

Like I said, who knows what you mean by homosexuality :idunno:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.​

Last edited:

zippy2006

You brought up a Christians capacity to sin, too. Remember your point about murder?

So did you:

My answer is yes, a person can be saved while being a homosexual and engaging in homosexual acts.

You continually claim that a person who is "saved" cannot sin, and yet you just claimed that a person who is "saved" can engage in homosexual acts. So apparently you do not think homosexual acts are sin. :idunno:

sky.

BANNED
Banned
This is probably not going to go over very big but I was also taught that homosexuality is a type of blasphemy because it denies God's chosen way to populate the earth.

WizardofOz

The Bible says they'll be no homosexuals in Heaven. If someone is truly saved they have the indwelt Holy Spirit and the Spirit is in the process of conforming them into the image of Christ. A "true believer" CANNOT be in a "lifestyle of homosexuality" and truly be saved. It can't be.....

Yeah, but there will be no sinners in heaven so there's that. I don't know why so many think that homosexuality is a "special" sin. :idunno:

elohiym

elohiym said:
Is the homosexual attraction MaryContrary is describing above sinful? Yes or no.

My answer: No.

My answer: Yes.

Never mind Matthew 5:28, it's obviously contrary to the will of God. Don't chase your tail and pretend you're talking about an act, that your argument here is that it can't be called a sinful behavior because it not a behavior.

Homosexual attraction itself is sinful. Having the attraction establishes that you're a sinner. Acting on it is sinning. The entire mess in condemned and none of it is approved by God.

I disagree, but I appreciate your argument, as opposed to those who argue homosexual attraction isn't sin, just homosexual acts.

You need to quit playing games with such serious issues. All you do is mislead.

In what way have I mislead? In what way am I playing games with such a serious issue? You keep asserting things that aren't true.

Who can tell from one post to the next what your position is on anything?

Intelligent people who actually read and understand my posts, know the gospel, and have good reading comprehension and critical thinking skills.

For example. Who asked if God approves of me? Am I homosexuality? Am I homosexual desire? Or the act? Or anything remotely related to anything anyone has said on this thread?

You brought up your homosexual desire as an example, and then challeged me to tell you that you are not a Christian. Your homosexual desire qualifies as a homosexual lifestyle to me (why I've asked for clarification of the term). You have now asserted that your homosexual desire, even not acted on, is sin.

You do nothing but confuse every point, every issue, every word even. :nono:

Only in your imagination, Mary.

genuineoriginal

Yeah, but there will be no sinners in heaven so there's that. I don't know why so many think that homosexuality is a "special" sin. :idunno:

The only thing that makes it special is all the effort being made to condition our society into thinking it is not a sin worthy of death, but that it is a normal behavior that everyone should try to see if it suits them.

elohiym

You continually claim that a person who is "saved" cannot sin, and yet you just claimed that a person who is "saved" can engage in homosexual acts. So apparently you do not think homosexual acts are sin. :idunno:

Correct. I stated that plainly in my last response to genuineorginal.

My impression is that you believe heterosexual sodomy and homosexual sodomy are both sinful. Is that correct?

elohiym

The only thing that makes it special is all the effort being made to condition our society into thinking it is not a sin worthy of death, but that it is a normal behavior that everyone should try to see if it suits them.

The wages of sin is death.

That doesn't mean the wages of some sin is death.

genuineoriginal

The wages of sin is death.

That doesn't mean the wages of some sin is death.

Deuteronomy 21:22
22And if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death, and thou hang him on a tree:​

1 John 5:16-17
16If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
17All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

elohiym

elohiym said:
We could just cut straight to the seventh-day sabbath, if you like.

Unresponsive to my question, and the point of yours I was addressing.

Your point was violation of the Levitical ordinance in question carried the death penalty, unlike eating unclean food. Violating the fourth commandment carried the death penalty, too.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Oh, yeah, I see the difference. Much worse. God says so, in Leviticus 11:9-12.

Oh, wait, that's about eating catfish and shrimp. He uses the strongest word of condemnation for people eating catfish and shrimp.

Well, you know, some people just don't like seafood. He probably used "abomination" to let us know He really meant it.

Please provide the verse that says those that eat seafood shall be put to death and their blood will be upon them.

God merely says it's an abomination. "The strongest word of condemnation", I was told. But apparently, it's a nicer sin than some others, after all.

But I'm not a Biblefogger, so you can probably find some prooftext somewhere to let you do it without anxiety.