toldailytopic: During His earthly ministry would Jesus have approved of the homosexua

elohiym

You don't know what is the natural use of the woman by a man?

I do, but I first want some of you to admit you think the natural use of a woman for man is sex. Come on, just admit that's what you believe. Then I'll be happy to explain what the natural use of women is, and I'll even back it up with scripture.

You don't know what it means when one man burns in his lust towards another man?

I do. Here's an example straight out of the Bible:

John 12:42-43 Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

It's actually a consistent theme throughout the entire Bible.

You don't know context when it is right in front of your face?

All you are doing is tearing a verse out of context and claiming the vague language means something it cannot possibly mean in context. I've already broken down the entire Romans indictment; it's about idolatry.

No, which is why He told the Disciples to pray that they would not be in a situation where they would be fleeing for their life and would be faced with the choice of breaking the Sabbath to continue fleeing or losing their lives by stopping their flight to keep the Sabbath.

Then you are implying the fourth commandment is still binding on believers because Jesus was speaking of a time after his ascension.

Do you keep the seventh-day sabbath? Yes or no.

Do you keep the dietary laws? Yes or no.

genuineoriginal

genuineoriginal said:
You don't know what it means when one man burns in his lust towards another man?
I do. Here's an example straight out of the Bible:

John 12:42-43 Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.
Pathetic. You are claiming "loved the praise of men" is the same as "burned in their lust one toward another".
Stop trying to justify sin and accept what the Bible says.

Then you are implying the fourth commandment is still binding on believers because Jesus was speaking of a time after his ascension.

Do you keep the seventh-day sabbath? Yes or no.

Do you keep the dietary laws? Yes or no.
That is not your concern, and is off topic.

Colossians 2:16
16Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:​

The topic is whether Jesus approves of the homosexual lifestyle.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Homos are EVIL... They are not dumb just EVIL... Deserve death and that is obviously were Jesus would have come down on this one.

I can see it now all the posts about the woman caught in adultery as evidence that Jesus wouldn't support the death penalty for homos. :hammer:

That is for another thread since it is really a simple text to understand and doesn't even come close to meaning what the haters of God think it means. That being those who oppose the death penalty

I do not agree with this and am only responding because you attached my post in some way to your thinking.

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
All men are dead because of sin
Jesus does not approve of sin.
Jesus died for all sin.
The sin problem was settled once for all by Jesus.
Those who are in Jesus have no sin.
Those in Jesus have life.
Those who are not in Jesus are still dead.

elohiym

Pathetic.

Your responses are.

Are you admitting you think the "natural use" of women for men is sex? Yes or no.

You are claiming "loved the praise of men" is the same as "burned in their lust one toward another".

Lust = Covetousness. When one man covets another man's approval in religious hierarchy, and he is willing to reject God to satisfy that covetousness, it amounts to idolatry.

And yes, that is what I'm claiming. It's a consistent theme in scripture.

Stop trying to justify sin ...

I'm not.

... and accept what the Bible says.

I do accept what the Bible says, and I believe I can prove you don't, which is why you evade my points.

That is not your concern, and is off topic.

It's not off topic. You're just evading the questions because you know it will destroy your position and expose you as either a legalist or a hypocrite.

Colossians 2:16
16Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:​

Your reading that to mean, "Let no man ask you if you keep the sabbath while you are railing against other's sins." :chuckle:

The topic is whether Jesus approves of the homosexual lifestyle.

And I am slicing, dicing and running with it, per the OP's instructions. This is where the conversation has led us, based on your claims and the claims of others. I see you want to question and challenge my claims, but you don't want your claims questioned and challenged.

This is all really just about you thinking you are morally superior to others, like the Pharisee you always reveal yourself to be.

PureX

I don't think Jesus was in the business of approving or disapproving lifestyles. I think he was more interested in the state of people's souls.

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
I don't think Jesus was in the business of approving or disapproving lifestyles. I think he was more interested in the state of people's souls.
He was interested in what they believe, because what someone believes is evidence of the condition of the soul.

genuineoriginal

Lust = Covetousness. When one man covets another man's approval in religious hierarchy, and he is willing to reject God to satisfy that covetousness, it amounts to idolatry.

And yes, that is what I'm claiming. It's a consistent theme in scripture.
It is pretty clear that Paul is not talking about covetousness and idolatry.

Romans 1:24
Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:​

1 Corinthians 6:18
Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.​

PureX

He was interested in what they believe, because what someone believes is evidence of the condition of the soul.
Some, but mostly not. Lots of people believe in God, and believe they are saved, and behave according to the law, and all that, and still their souls are black as coal. They harbor all sorts of ill-will and nasty biases against their fellow beings, and they seek to cause them to suffer.

Sin isn't an idea that one can think their way into or out of. And it isn't the harmful things that we do to each other. It's that toxic desire, deep down in the heart, to raise ourselves up by pushing others down.

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
Some, but mostly not. Lots of people believe in God, and believe they are saved, and behave according to the law, and all that, and still their souls are black as coal. They harbor all sorts of ill-will and nasty biases against their fellow beings, and they seek to cause them to suffer.

Sin isn't an idea that one can think their way into or out of. And it isn't the harmful things that we do to each other. It's that toxic desire, deep down in the heart, to raise ourselves up by pushing others down.
Luke 6:45
The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.

elohiym

It is pretty clear that Paul is not talking about covetousness and idolatry.

Romans 1:24
Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:​

1 Corinthians 6:18
Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.​

Here we see you equate "uncleanness" (Ro 1:24) with "sin" (1Co 6:18), ignoring Paul's use of the specific term "uncleanness." Since Leviticus 18:22 is not talking about uncleanness, but a capital offense, it couldn't be what Paul was writing about in Ro 1:24.

So, you are now admitting your sins?

Oh, so you say that's off topic, but ask me anyway. Make up your minds.

PureX

Luke 6:45
The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.
Not necessarily. If you ask a good man if he is a good man, he will say that he tries to be a good man. If you ask a bad man if he is a bad man, he will say that he tries to be a good man. Because bad men tell lies. And they lie even to themselves, as they convince themselves that they aren't really bad.

I appreciate the thought being conveyed in the quote, and I believe that it's true. The problem is that it's not apparent except from God's perspective.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
All men are dead because of sin
Jesus does not approve of sin.
Jesus died for all sin.
The sin problem was settled once for all by Jesus.
Those who are in Jesus have no sin.
Those in Jesus have life.
Those who are not in Jesus are still dead.

Last edited:

elohiym

So when two unmarried people decide to have consensual sex is that sin?

No, assuming neither of them was married to another person. It wasn't a sin under the Mosaic law either.

Because they have dishonored their own bodies via lust between themselves. That's what it says.

That's not what is says, but what you've read into the verses. And your interpretation is ignoring the context (Israel's idolatry), e.g. worshiping the golden calf (Ex 32:23-25 -- idolatry, the people were naked, etc.).

Romans 1:24 speaks specifically of uncleanness, i.e. the law of Moses. God "gave them up to uncleanness" in the sense that he put a law over them that condemned their flesh (Deut 31:26, Col 2:14), because they, like so many Christians today, were focused on the flesh.

Your interpretation suggests that God intentionally gave people over to homosexuality for some cause, but not others? But the Bible doesn't record God ever doing that. In contrast, the Bible records God giving the idolatrous Israelites up to uncleanness, via the law, to teach them a lesson.

Idolatry is a large part of homosexual relations, they are not mutually exclusive.

I disagree.

Verse 24 already gives ample evidence that homosexuality is the topic, so it is not a sudden conclusion.

I've already addressed that, and the passage doesn't start with verse 24. The context, as I have shown, is clearly about idolatry (Romans 1:23). And again, it is recorded in the Bible that the children of Israel did what Paul is describing in Romans 1:23, i.e. worshiping the golden calf, worshiping the brass serpent, etc.

Paul here speaks about women doing something against nature.

Idolatry is against nature. Sex with animals is against nature. One could claim it means either in the context of Romans 1:23. You are only assuming it's homosexuality, out of context.

Furthermore, female homosexuality is not condemned anywhere in the Bible, but females worshiping idols and having sex with animals is condemned. Women were still doing that during Paul's time, right?

If he is talking about idolatry, why single out women?

He didn't. "And likewise also the men ..." Ro 1:27.

How is idolatry "against nature" more than any other sin?

I didn't say it was.

The "natural use" is heterosexual relations, "that which is against nature" is homosexual relations.

I disagree. First, the natural use of women for men is fellowship, not sex (Ge 2:18). If it was for heterosexual relations, God would not have first offered him animals as companions (Ge 2:19-20). Second, homosexuality is seen throughout nature.

Idolatry is not against nature.

I disagree. Romans 1:20-21 and Acts 17:28-29 proves idolatry is against nature.

Paul never says that everyone is committing these crimes.

Seriously? Did you miss Romans 1:28-29, or are you claiming that only homosexuals are covetous?

What in the world would "leaving aside the natural use of women" and lusting after men have to do with idolatry?

In John 5:44, Matthew 6:2, Matthew 23:5-7, and Luke 16:15, Jesus explains why men lusting other men is idolatry.

The Greek word translated to "lust" (orexis) in Romans 1:27 is used only once in the Bible, and based on Strong's could easily be applied to a desire for esteem, like we see Jesus is describing. In contrast, Jesus used the word "lust" (epithumeo) to describe coveting another sexually.

If it were merely about idolatry the man-woman distinction would be irrelevant.

Not in a male-dominated segregated society and religion. Have you ever been to a synagogue? The men and women are segregated; the men have their group and politics, the women have their group and politics, and that extends outside the synagogue. We see the same thing today, even in Christian churches.

... can you name any reputable Bible scholars who agree with you?

I notice that "reputable Bible scholars" disagree with each other on many doctrinal issues, so I'm inclined to study God's word and allow the Father to teach me (Jn 6:45). For that reason, I wouldn't really know if some scholar has figured this out to the extent I have. :idunno:

But it's interesting that you should ask because I first learned of the textual criticisms regarding the verses about homosexuality from a Catholic priest. That's what got me pondering the subject. Read The Church and the Homosexual by John J. McNeill, if your interested in the textual criticism of all the alleged scriptures about homosexuality.