toldailytopic: Do you believe mankind is causing global warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alate_One

You "win" because you refuse to engage honestly in any discussion.

In fact, you don't even engage.

You "win" because you completely ignore that which is simply and clearly presented and is an actual challenge to what you believe.
No, I win because you continually accuse me (and anyone else you can't annoy into quitting) of the very tactics you use on a regular basis!

It's called flipping, Stripe, and anyone with a brain is already wise to you. All you've got are smiley faces.

some other dude

Good! You win!

Now go away.

You'd think the thread title was:

toldailytopic: Do you believe you can browbeat people into believing mankind is causing global warming? Is so, please demonstrate. :doh:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Let the chuckleheads think they won so they can go away. :doh:
I should have bet Barbie wouldn't post for a week rather than a lousy hour. :doh:

No, I win because you continually accuse me (and anyone else you can't annoy into quitting) of the very tactics you use on a regular basis! It's called flipping, Stripe, and anyone with a brain is already wise to you. All you've got are smiley faces.
Liar.

You could address the substantial, clear and simple post I made on topic first up. Unfortunately neither of you has any interest in debating upon the terms of what your opponent actually believes.

toldailytopic: Do you believe you can browbeat people into believing mankind is causing global warming? Is so, please demonstrate. :doh:

:mock: Evolutionists.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Do you believe you can browbeat people into believing mankind is causing global warming? Is so, please demonstrate.

All one can do is post evidence. And that just makes Stipe hyperventilate.

I should have bet Barbie wouldn't post for a week rather than a lousy hour.

Sorry to mess you up. Had someone else to attend to. But it looks like you guys are still milling around, whining how unfair it is that we're "browbeating" you with evidence.

You have anything else, Stipe?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Barbarian's idea of a rational discussion:

'Carbon doesn't cause temperature hikes.'
'But the Pacific Ocean is 2 miles deep!'

:mock: Mudlarks.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sorry to mess you up. Had someone else to attend to.

Who's messed up? I don't care why you're not here. As long as you're not there's a much heightened chance of a civilised discussion breaking out.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Stiipe writes:

Carbon doesn't cause temperature hikes.'

So Stipe still lies. What else is new?

Carbon dioxide does cause temperature hikes. I have no idea where you got the idea about the Pacific Ocean.

You're angry and embarrassed. But lying can only make it worse.

Who's messed up?

You are, Stipe.

I don't care why you're not here. As long as you're not there's a much heightened chance of a civilised discussion breaking out.

(Stipe figures any discussion where there's no facts is a "civilised discussion.")

Learn about the issue, and you can take part in it too, Stipe. And you'll get a lot more respect if you deal in ideas, instead of pouting when someone introduces evidence into the discussion.

eameece

Called my local TV meteorologist. He was unaware that the weather was up for a vote. He always thought Mother Nature did it. Silly him, huh? :jolly:
Most weather scientists know that climate change is happening. You republicans voted for it, by voting for those who refuse to deal with it.
:darwinsm: Well, here, it's called summertime in the Ohio Valley. Happens most every year. Plus there is a seafood restaurant in Louisville that serves frog's legs. For the second part, yes, I am proud of how I voted.
You yourself are the frog, and the pot you are living in is slowly boiling, and will soon kill you, because you are too ignorant to change.

eameece

You have no clue what you are talking about.
You don't know what my voting record is.
You were the one bemoaning the supposed closing of all power plants by people like me. You didn't say a word about conversion.
The Democrats want to remove wealth from the people by giving it to the Government. The Republicans want to remove wealth from the people by giving it to the Corporations. The Corporations have bought all the Democrats and Republicans in Congress, so the Democrats are really giving the money to the Corporations that own the Government.
The Republicans perpetuate this system while Democrats try to change it.
I am against you being manipulated by "green" advertisements since the entire reason behind the bait and switch of "green" technologies is to remove wealth from the people and give it to the Corporations.
Spoken like a Republican. Green technologies deserve and need help from the people through their government. Green corporations are good. Sometimes it is good for government to help business, if they are doing something like getting a new industry the nation needs off the ground. The USA has done that since the founding of the country. But the government can help most with regulations forcing the car companies to convert.
You need to follow the money and see who you are making rich by protesting against cheap energy.

:loser:
I didn't protest against cheap energy. That's your twisted pro-oil interpretation of what I say. Again, proof that you vote Republican, because you talk that way. You buy the propaganda. Alternative energy is now no more expensive, and soon will be much cheaper than expensive mining and drilling/exploration for fossil fuels, and all the very-expensive disasters they cause. Gas prices are going through the roof now because we did not put the competition of alternative fuels in place.

eameece

'Carbon doesn't cause temperature hikes.'

:mock: Mudlarks.

Barbarian is one of the more rational folks on this site. It is obvious from the posts who the idiots are.

eameece

According to the Sierra Club, "The U.S. Congress is considering more environmentally damaging legislation than at any time since -- well, since, there's been a U.S. Congress."

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stiipe writes:So Stipe still lies. What else is new?Carbon dioxide does cause temperature hikes. I have no idea where you got the idea about the Pacific Ocean.You're angry and embarrassed. But lying can only make it worse.You are, Stipe.(Stipe figures any discussion where there's no facts is a "civilised discussion.")Learn about the issue, and you can take part in it too, Stipe. And you'll get a lot more respect if you deal in ideas, instead of pouting when someone introduces evidence into the discussion.
I thought your job here was done?

Posting :spam: now, are you?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Barbarian is one of the more rational folks on this site. It is obvious from the posts who the idiots are.

:darwinsm:

eeemeeee has obviously never read this little episode:

...there is more mass to the near side than there is to the far side.

Why do you think this is true?

And, as you've seen, he'll just invent some new story to cover anything that you throw at him.

You surprised me on this one, Stripe. I am forced to forfeit one point to you on this, since I did not know about the off-center mass spoken of in the article.

Watch how Barbie thinks this is now a discussion about the moon. :chuckle:

:mock: Barbie.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Is surprising that Stripe introduces the moon into the discussion, and then berates Barbarian , claiming he thinks it's about the moon?

Not if you've been paying attention.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Most weather scientists know that climate change is happening. You republicans voted for it, by voting for those who refuse to deal with it.
:darwinsm: Quite possibly one of the more witless statements I have read over the years.
You yourself are the frog, and the pot you are living in is slowly boiling, and will soon kill you, because you are too ignorant to change.
:rotfl:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bump.

People do have an effect on the climate, but it is almost certainly completely negligible (unless you take this approach).

What is interesting is that global warming is great evidence for an ancient global catastrophe. In order to have all this ice to melt, it had to freeze from water onto the continents. In order to get onto the continents it had to evaporate at vastly increased rates. That means the oceans had to be warmer. But at the same time the continents had to be colder than they are today.

The only way to achieve this setup is to raise the level of the continents because there is no way that only the oceans could be warmed.

All that's left is to figure out how long gravity would take to reverse such an anomaly - and as luck would have it we can measure earthquakes today that are a continuation of that settling.

Status
Not open for further replies.