toldailytopic: Do Christians and Muslims worship the same God?

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
Your conclusions appear illogical to me. Therefore the so-called "simple truth" to which you allude has eluded me.
You appear to be a graceless fault-finder.
TomO is one of the most thoughtful posters on this web site, yet, you have managed to alienate him with your nonsense.

TomO picked a fight he cannot win, and it aggravates him to see me continue to pummel his poor argument. And him, yes, after receiving the ridiculous posts and neg reps.

There's nothing you can say that is going to reverse what has been revealed. I would suggest that you just forget about the statements you just made.
You just agreed with a fault-finder's fault-finding :chuckle:
It is hilarious how backwards you and him are being.

And you don't see the 'simple truth' because you have a log in your eye. Remove it, and then simple things will reach your seemingly simple mind. Your lies have insulted this thread wholesale, and everyone in it with an inclination to intelligence. Perhaps that is why I am the only one left on it with a shred of reason, because people like you are treating religion like brats treat a bag of candy.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
No, but Gandalf and Magneto are. :)

As are Dumbledore and English Bob. :p

:shocked:

:think:...but....Of course they are...it's so clear now. Why didn't I see it before?

:) Now that that's been settled; lets all watch Sum1sGruj as he entertains us by showing how he can count to potato.

bybee

TomO picked a fight he cannot win, and it aggravates him to see me continue to pummel his poor argument. And him, yes, after receiving the ridiculous posts and neg reps.

There's nothing you can say that is going to reverse what has been revealed. I would suggest that you just forget about the statements you just made.
You just agreed with a fault-finder's fault-finding :chuckle:
It is hilarious how backwards you and him are being.

And you don't see the 'simple truth' because you have a log in your eye. Remove it, and then simple things will reach your seemingly simple mind. Your lies have insulted this thread wholesale, and everyone in it with an inclination to intelligence. Perhaps that is why I am the only one left on it with a shred of reason, because people like you are treating religion like brats treat a bag of candy.

Oh my goodness Bunky, you need a large glass of prune juice!

eameece

:rolleyes: Look Skippy....just because they use the word "messiah" doesn't mean is the the same thing in their eyes. Do you believe that OUR LORD was crucified to atone for the Sins of Mankind and was raised again on the third day?
If you don't then you are not a Christain....if you do then quit making paper thin apologetics for the counterfeiter.

You're the one with your head in a hole....and that road you're on is a 12 lane superhighway. :yawn:

Where did Jesus say you aren't a follower of his if you don't believe he died for the sins of mankind and rose again?

Any follower of Jesus is a Christian. Look up an impartial reference such as an almanac, and that's what it will say.

God is all,

above all, in all and through us all.

Ephesians 4:6

Islam and Christianity worship the same God; they just interpret religion a bit differently. That difference is man-made only.

Fundamentalists are an angry mob. :angrymob:
(quite a good smilie)

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Where did Jesus say you aren't a follower of his if you don't believe he died for the sins of mankind and rose again?

Any follower of Jesus is a Christian. Look up an impartial reference such as an almanac, and that's what it will say.

I'm sure that I will rest my eternal hopes upon an Almanac. :juggle:

God is all,

above all, in all and through us all.

Ephesians 4:6

Well, I'm glad that you regard some verses of Ephesians even if you totally disregard the rest of the New Testament. :)

That's cool....This is why you are an "other".

Islam and Christianity worship the same God; they just interpret religion a bit differently. That difference is man-made only.

No they don't. :nono:

Fundamentalists are an angry mob. :angrymob:
(quite a good smilie)

:yawn: Oh...I'm just raging.

bybee

Well, I'm glad that you regard some verses of Ephesians even if you totally disregard the rest of the New Testament. :)

Goodness gracious TomO, you must calm yourself.

eameece

It's better than resting them on the misinterpretations of misguided, phoney, grade-school-educated fundie preachers.

uh, and you couldn't answer my question. Case closed Tomo.

At least my posts are not infected.

Yes they do! :cool:

What part of "there is only one God" do you not understand?
(you intolerant raging mobster) :eek:
Raging in congress; screwing up our democracy as much as they can. Raging at town halls and disrupting them. Indeed you guys are an angry mob.

:bowser: oooh I should have used this one in my reply to Barney!

ghost

Hall of Fame
Neither Muslims, Jews, or any other religion have the same God as Christians.

1 John 2:23
"Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also."

2 John 1:9
"Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son."

You can close the thread now.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned

"Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also."

"Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son."

Who has God is the belief of the religious person. It does not change the fact that they believe in the same God.

Is your username ghost because you are transparent, or is it because you lack so much depth that you are barely there?

Every thread you post on, you pretty much show utter contempt for anyone who does not share your exact beliefs. It goes well past criticizing and well into simple conviction. Do you attend Westboro?

ghost

Hall of Fame
Who has God is the belief of the religious person.
What is transparent to all, is that you hate the Bible, and the Jesus of the Bible. Contrary to your ecumenical humanistic religion, there are not hundreds of acceptable beliefs all leading to the the God of the Bible. There are however hundreds of acceptable beliefs leading to YOUR god, the father of lies.
It does not change the fact that they believe in the same God.
Jesus says you are a liar. I believe Him, and not the demon you worship.

Every thread you post on, you pretty much show utter contempt for anyone who does not share your exact beliefs.
As it should be.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
What is transparent to all, is that you hate the Bible, and the Jesus of the Bible. Contrary to your ecumenical humanistic religion, there are not hundreds of acceptable beliefs all leading to the the God of the Bible. There are however hundreds of acceptable beliefs leading to YOUR god, the father of lies. Jesus says you are a liar. I believe Him, and not the demon you worship.

As it should be.

I guess Purgatory does exist, ghost. Repent while you still can :thumb:

ghost

Hall of Fame
I guess Purgatory does exist
Only in the mind of Christ hating pervert like you.
Repent while you still can
Not into your demon infested religion. No thanks. I'll stick with the God of the Bible who came in the flesh, because there is no other name than His (Jesus) by which men are saved. You wouldn't understand that, being that you still worship Satan.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
Only in the mind of Christ hating pervert like you. Not into your demon infested religion. No thanks. I'll stick with the God of the Bible who came in the flesh, because there is no other name than His (Jesus) by which men are saved. You wouldn't understand that, being that you still worship Satan.

I'm sure the blackened stake in your yard has seen many people like me. :chuckle:

ghost

Hall of Fame

Even though the pervert Sum1sGruj tries his best to cover-up the truth, here it is again.

eameece

Re the teaching of Christ; these are not the words of Jesus.

The "Son" is the Father within; we are all sons of God. Jesus was a mystic who serves us as an example of a realized being; one who knows that (s)he is God.

"Denying the Son" is denying that a human being can know that (s)he is God; that God is not a being somewhere else, but is manifested as us. Jesus came to teach us our oneness with God. People of any or no religion can realize this.

rainee

I haven't read all of these but I started out reading them all a few days ago -
so if I am repeating anyone then please excuse me.

I believe the straightforward answer is founded and also grounded in John 4:22.

Which is a strange thing to think about now.

Here we are coming up on Celebrating Christmas, when we point to the fact Christ came as The Light of World.

And most of us are aware that we are in the midst of Chanukah - The Festival of Lights.

And what many of us know I think is this is around the time of the Winter Solstice where the Northern Hemisphere has the shortest day and the longest night - once again bearing the theme about light and darkness for Druids and others.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...st-day-year-december-christmas-earth-science/

But the truth in my heart is that only those who know Who they worship and that He is from the Jews is worshiping God in the way He wants.

Do peoples all have the same God - particularly the Big Three?
Islam, Judaism, Christianity?

John 4:23-26

23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for such the Father seeks to worship him.

24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth."

25 The woman said to him, "I know that Messiah is coming (he who is called Christ); when he comes, he will show us all things."

26 Jesus said to her, "I who speak to you am He."

Apple7

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 19th, 2011 11:02 AM

toldailytopic: Do Christians and Muslims worship the same God?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Muslims worship a false god...whereas Trinitarian Christians worship the True Creator God of the Unvierse.

The god 'allah'of the Koran never once states, in the first-person singular, that he created anything at all.

The only ayat that even mention it are either in the first-person plural (meaning that he required help), or are in the 3rd person (as someone else making this statement for him – as he is impotent to make the statement himself).

Further, the god 'allah' never once calls himself the ‘First & the Last’. This statement is always in the 3rd person.

Jesus Christ, however, is able to make the declaration that He is the ‘First and the Last’, in the first-person singular.

The list goes on and on as to why Muslims do not worship the same God as true Christians...