TOL Snapshot: Inside the Numbers

Quetzal

you are like a retard

been here several months and you still don't get it, do you? :chuckle:

wot a tard
Oh no! My pride! Come on Dozie. Your fans demand a more creative punch to your troll posts. Certainly, someone of your academic ability has the capability of improving. Right? ;)

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Oh no! My pride! Come on Dozie. Your fans demand a more creative punch to your troll posts. Certainly, someone of your academic ability has the capability of improving. Right? ;)

weren't you going to do us all a favor and leave?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
why not talk about numbers?
are they going down?
is it just me?
I haven't tracked overall numbers for the joint. My sense was a decline over time. Not sure if inviting a few people who love to post irresponsibly is the answer for that, or if it will work and stir participation.

Time will tell.

Quetzal

I haven't tracked overall numbers for the joint. My sense was a decline over time. Not sure if inviting a few people who love to post irresponsibly is the answer for that, or if it will work and stir participation.

Time will tell.
I still have a theory that if everyone who meanders to the left decides to take their ball and go home, the site will slowly decline in relevance until there is nothing left.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Says the guy who snitches to mommy and daddy more than a 3 year old at a birthday party.
So I guess he doesn't really believe that TOL is for dialogue. He means it's for his dialogue, which is really just a monologue...mostly consisting of calling other people retards in between post reports.

Quetzal

So I guess he doesn't really believe that TOL is for dialogue. He means it's for his dialogue, which is really just a monologue...mostly consisting of calling other people retards in between post reports.
It really is too bad. I remember a time when I would take a few extra minutes to create posts that encouraged discussion. Sure, I would wrangle with others but there was a certain... I don't know... mutual respect, I never felt like it got personal (often). Now, it has degraded into one liners that include the creative title of "retard" and more reports than tax returns in April. Now... I don't even really bother as much, why should I? There are other places for that. :)

PS: I bet two quarters that Dozie reports this.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

:darwinsm:

oh town - you are soooo transparent

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
why not talk about numbers?
are they going down?
is it just me?
Looked around again. Found a website that tracks everything, similarweb. According to it we're down. July of last year had us at 20k desktop visits. 25k as a relative high water mark in Oct. At 15k as of Dec. and indicators are all trending down.

Global: 501,069
Category: 6,798

WizardofOz

TOL members you can help TOL meet our goal!

Alexa.com one of the webs most influential internet ranking systems places TheologyOnline.com as the number 215,604 best website in the world (it wasn't that long ago we were number 406,646 out of over 120,000,000).

But we need your help!!!
Help us boost TOL into the top 100,000 (which is somewhat prestigious!), one secret to their ranking system is their own browser toolbar, they rank sites based on the amount of people that browse to a website whom happen to have the Alexa toolbar installed (sorta like the TV Nielsen ratings) and therefore if we all install their toolbar and continue to participate on TOL it will help our rankings dramatically. Also, this will help your own website if if you have one (simply by visiting your own site like you already do).

So what do you need to do?

Simple! Just install the Alexa toolbar in your browser and forget about it! Download the toolbar here.

Lets see how long this strategy takes to improve our current ranking.

Who's with me? :D

Please post in this thread if you have installed the Alexa toolbar, that way I know who is on board (I will also give a free rep or two). :)

How is TOL ranking these days? :idunno:

Quetzal

How is TOL ranking these days? :idunno:
HBG8MwZ.png

Ouch!

But this is to be expected when the staff feigns interest in a project. It happens.