Theology Club: Today Many in the Neo-MAD Camp are King James Only

Jerry Shugart

What a fool this blow hard is. Not only to conclude that his incompetent manner of studying a thing out is the last word, but that all must bow at his feet.

It is you who believes foolish things.

You claim to be a Christian but yet you deny these words of the Lord Jesus Christ spoken to the Jews who lived under the law:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

You do not believe Him when He tells the Jews that if they "believe" then they will be saved.

You refuse to believe Him, as witnessed by the fact that you say that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved by believing. According to your bankrupt ideas they could not be saved until they believed and then were baptized with water!

Do you deny that?

Jerry Shugart

Danoh The Great

So do you agree with her when she says that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved until they believed and then were baptized with water even though the Lord Jesus said this to those Jews?:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

According to her the Lord is wrong when He told those Jews that they were saved when they believed!

Do you think that she is great because she refuses to believe what the Lord Jesus plainly said?

Jerry Shugart

Was the Passover lamb killed on the 14th or 15th?

How could the Jews observe the Passover Seder while the Passover Lamb remain alive? And since the Passover was observed on the 14th it is evident that the Passover Lamb was killed by that time:

"And in the fourteenth day of the first month is the Passover of the LORD" (Num.28:16).​

Are you willing to argue that the Passover was observed before the Passover Lamb was killed?

The 15th was the day after the Passover was celebrated:

"The Israelites set out from Rameses on the fifteenth day of the first month, the day after the Passover" (Num.33:3).​

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How could the Jews observe the Passover Seder while the Passover Lamb remain alive? And since the Passover was observed on the 14th it is evident that the Passover Lamb was killed by that time:

"And in the fourteenth day of the first month is the Passover of the LORD" (Num.28:16).​

Are you willing to argue that the Passover was observed before the Passover Lamb was killed?

The 15th was the day after the Passover was celebrated:

"The Israelites set out from Rameses on the fifteenth day of the first month, the day after the Passover" (Num.33:3).​
Was Christ killed on the 14th or 15th?

Danoh

So do you agree with her when she says that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved until they believed and then were baptized with water even though the Lord Jesus said this to those Jews?:

According to her the Lord is wrong when He told those Jews that they were saved when they believed!

Do you think that she is great because she refuses to believe what the Lord Jesus plainly said?

I think she is great, STP is great, Tambora, is great, Glorydaz is great, and ____ are great, and you are not.

Live with it, Daffy, or go away.

I know, I know "WHERE'S MY PRIZE!!!" (sound of exploding prize) lol

SaulToPaul 2

I believe Danoh the Great is a male.

I agree that those who repented and were baptized with water received remission of sins, looking forward to the time when those sins would be blotted out.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is your turn to answer my questions in my last reply to you.
Was Christ the fulfillment of the Passover lamb that was only killed on the 14th?
Obviously, if Christ is eating the Passover meal with His disciples, then He could not have been on the cross on the 14th?

So, what does scripture say: Was Christ on the cross on the 14th or 15th?

Shasta

Can't wait til Jerry is either banned forever, gets a life, or drops dead.

Jesus said love your enemies. Jerry is not your enemy He is just someone who disagrees with you and you resent that he will not give up. Furthermore the desire to silence one's opponents is reminiscent of the way John Calvin ran Geneva. He did not like it when people disagreed with him either. Actually Jerry's beliefs are closer to yours than that of the overwhelming majority of (evangelical) Christendom which does not believe MAD at all. His views are much closer to yours than mine. Maybe you should long for my death as well.

Jerry Shugart

I agree that those who repented and were baptized with water received remission of sins, looking forward to the time when those sins would be blotted out.

So are you saying that those Jews had to believe and then be baptized with water in order to be saved despite what the Lord Jesus told the Jews who lived under the "law in this verse?:

If you think that what is said at Acts 2:38 has anything to do with salvation then you do not believe what the Lord said at John 5:24.

SaulToPaul 2

So are you saying that those Jews had to believe and then be baptized with water in order to be saved despite what the Lord Jesus told the Jews who lived under the "law in this verse?:

If you think that what is said at Acts 2:38 has anything to do with salvation then you do not believe what the Lord said at John 5:24.

Perhaps you don't understand John 5.

It has been explained to you.

SaulToPaul 2

Once again,

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

John 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

SaulToPaul 2

What Jerry does with this John 5 verse is no different than the Catholics with this verse:

John 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

They keep repeating it, and ignoring all of the surrounding context.

Jerry Shugart

Was Christ the fulfillment of the Passover lamb that was only killed on the 14th?
Obviously, if Christ is eating the Passover meal with His disciples, then He could not have been on the cross on the 14th?

So, what does scripture say: Was Christ on the cross on the 14th or 15th?

You did not answer my questions but instead asked two more questions.

Jerry Shugart

Once again,

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

John 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

If you think that the words "done good" at verse 29 means doing works to be saved then you deny the Lord Jesus' words at John 5:24. Because there he says that all it takes to be saved is to believe.

How did a Jews "do good" in order to be saved? It is right under your nose and you refuse to believe it:

What the Lord Jesus said there is either true or it is not. According to your ideas the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved by believing because they had to believe and do works!

You put more faith in what those in the Neo-MAD camp teach than you do in what the Lord Jesus said at John 5:24 said.