To The Carnally Minded People

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
squeaky says: "the holy spirit only quotes verses"

God says: "the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you"

gee, who should i believe?

I said
Both of us because we are both saying the same thing. When you read the bible and remember "things that I said to you". The Holy Spirit is trying to teach you something. That is why I am here to demonstrate the Spirit.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
You can walk in denial all you want. That will not change the truth.

Rom 3:22-23
22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
squeaky says: "the holy spirit only quotes verses"

squeaky lies

I said
You know that if you cant prove that your bearing false witness. And your judging falsely.Do you know your condemning yourself? When you judge carnally. Oh and thanks for pulling this one this thread. I needed an example.

Rom 2:1
1 Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.
(NKJ)

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
you should stop lying about the Holy Spirit

you should stop lying about being a Christian

Bard_the_Bowman

I SAID
I showed you, but for some reason you cant see. Lets try this you tell me what these verses mean.

Hey Squeaky,

I apologize in the delay for my reply but I don't have lots of extra time in my days to get on. And I only have time to show up here once in awhile.

But anyways, here is what I see.

You did not show me a verse that says that the Holy Spirit only quotes verses because there isn't one.

What you showed me is a bunch of verses that your interpretation says that.

What you are calling "discernment" is really just your own private interpretation.

That is you going beyond what is written and why should I believe that your interpretation is correct versus mine or anyone else's?

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

The unwritten assumption that you are making with this verse is that all of the things that Jesus said were written down.

Since the Bible nowhere says that all of the things that Jesus said were written down, you are again guilty of going beyond what is written and assuming that.

The verse above says that the Holy Spirit will teach the Apostles all things.

(And yes, doser is spot on because he is looking at the Scriptures in context. You, unfortunately, are not.

John 13:1 begins the Last supper, washing of the feet, prediction of betrayal, etc and it doesn't end until John 18:1 where Jesus heads over to the Garden. The apostles named by name are: Peter, Judas, Thomas, and Phillip, with John implied and all the others that Jesus chose implied.)

But notice that John 14:26 doesn't say that the Holy Spirit will teach ONLY by what is written.

That is your false assumption.

What would that look like for the early Christian Church in the year 36 A.D.anyways? You realize that not one word of the New Testament had been written by then, right? What was the Holy Spirit going to do? Quote nothing but Old Testament to the followers of Jesus? How is that teaching them all things that Jesus taught?

It isn't. Jesus taught alot of things that are not recorded in the Old Testament. (Remember that "you have heard it said...but I say to you" stuff?)

I think you've painted yourself into a corner with that.

John 16:13-14
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
(NKJ)

Love it. The oneness and connectedness of the Holy Trinity is revealed again.

Peace.

Bard_the_Bowman

I said
lolo Do you see the word apostles anywhere in this verse? sense when does you not mean you?

When we read the context of the words that are written.

For example, 16:2 is all part of the same discourse by Jesus. Here Jesus says, "They will put you out of the synagogues;"

According to your flawed logic, that would mean anyone who reads that verse, Jesus is talking to that person as the "you" and we are all going to be excommunicated from the fellowship of Israel and banned from Temple worship.

Your logic applied to that "you" creates just as much nonsense as your logic applied elsewhere.

Christians reading the New Testament cannot be expelled from Jewish worship in the Temple and synagogue because we were never ever even a part of that!

But the Apostles were. Because they were Jewish.

Obviously, contextually, Jesus is addressing the Apostles.

Doser is correct.

Peace.

Bard_the_Bowman

I said
lol You could try a little common sense. Said, not going to say, not might have said. I SAID TO YOU.
Now the only time Jesus has said anything to you is when you read the new testament. Simple huh!

Squeaky,

Then those who are illiterate and cannot read can never have Jesus say anything to them?

You know that that would be millions upon millions of people over the course of human history, right?

That would be even millions of people today.

And millions upon millions before the invention of the printing press in the 15th century because Bibles were rare and expensive. The vast majority of people didn't even have a Bible.

So are all of those people just outta luck?

Or maybe, just maybe could Jesus speak to them through another means....oh, I don't know, something like PRAYER and WORSHIP?

Or do they just never get to hear Jesus speaking to them?

What do you think?

Peace.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

For example, 16:2 is all part of the same discourse by Jesus. Here Jesus says, "They will put you out of the synagogues;"

According to your flawed logic, that would mean anyone who reads that verse, Jesus is talking to that person as the "you" and we are all going to be excommunicated from the fellowship of Israel and banned from Temple worship.

Your logic applied to that "you" creates just as much nonsense as your logic applied elsewhere.

Christians reading the New Testament cannot be expelled from Jewish worship in the Temple and synagogue because we were never ever even a part of that!

Doser is correct.

Peace.

I said
lolol Why in the world would you think that your own opinion is worth anything??? Really

Rom 12:16
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Hey Squeaky,

I apologize in the delay for my reply but I don't have lots of extra time in my days to get on. And I only have time to show up here once in awhile.

But anyways, here is what I see.

You did not show me a verse that says that the Holy Spirit only quotes verses because there isn't one.

What you showed me is a bunch of verses that your interpretation says that.

What you are calling "discernment" is really just your own private interpretation.

That is you going beyond what is written and why should I believe that your interpretation is correct versus mine or anyone else's?

The unwritten assumption that you are making with this verse is that all of the things that Jesus said were written down.

Since the Bible nowhere says that all of the things that Jesus said were written down, you are again guilty of going beyond what is written and assuming that.

The verse above says that the Holy Spirit will teach the Apostles all things.

(And yes, doser is spot on because he is looking at the Scriptures in context. You, unfortunately, are not.

John 13:1 begins the Last supper, washing of the feet, prediction of betrayal, etc and it doesn't end until John 18:1 where Jesus heads over to the Garden. The apostles named by name are: Peter, Judas, Thomas, and Phillip, with John implied and all the others that Jesus chose implied.)

But notice that John 14:26 doesn't say that the Holy Spirit will teach ONLY by what is written.

That is your false assumption.

What would that look like for the early Christian Church in the year 36 A.D.anyways? You realize that not one word of the New Testament had been written by then, right? What was the Holy Spirit going to do? Quote nothing but Old Testament to the followers of Jesus? How is that teaching them all things that Jesus taught?

It isn't. Jesus taught alot of things that are not recorded in the Old Testament. (Remember that "you have heard it said...but I say to you" stuff?)

I think you've painted yourself into a corner with that.

Love it. The oneness and connectedness of the Holy Trinity is revealed again.

Peace.

I said
I guess I should have mercy on you because of your ignorance.Let me show you the rules of believing.

What does it say, to believe in Jesus as the scripture has said. Not your imagination.
When believing the scriptures don't think beyond what is written. Don't use the imagination.
Don't add one thing to the verses, or take one thing away from the verses. With the imagination.

John 7:38
38 "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."
(NKJ)

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

Doser is correct.

Peace.

I said
lolo You should read the revelation I posted on "Intellectual Idiots" It will help you see your delusion.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I hope Doser has noticed that at least you have conceded that Jesus was, indeed, talking to the Apostles.

Peace.
I said
lolol Where do you come up with this wild imagination.
APOSTLES ( MEAT-DOER OF THE WORD)

2 Cor 13:10
10 Therefore I write these things being absent, lest being present I should use sharpness, according to the authority which the Lord has given me for edification and not for destruction.
Heb 5:13-6:3
13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
14 But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
CHAPTER 6
1 Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,
2 of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3 And this we will do if God permits.
Rom 1:5-7
5 Through Him we have received grace and apostleship for obedience to the faith among all nations for His name,
6 among whom you also are the called of Jesus Christ;
7 To all who are in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Luke 9:62
62 But Jesus said to him, "No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."
Luke 6:47
47 "Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like:
Gal 1:1
1 Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead),
Gal 1:10-12
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.
11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.
12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Acts 1:1-3
1 The former account I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,
2 until the day in which He was taken up, after He through the Holy Spirit had given commandments to the apostles whom He had chosen,
3 to whom He also presented Himself alive after His suffering by many infallible proofs, being seen by them during forty days and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God.
1 Cor 4:9-14
9 For I think that God has displayed us, the apostles, last, as men condemned to death; for we have been made a spectacle to the world, both to angels and to men.
10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but you are wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are distinguished, but we are dishonored!
11 To the present hour we both hunger and thirst, and we are poorly clothed, and beaten, and homeless.
12 And we labor, working with our own hands. Being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we endure;
13 being defamed, we entreat. We have been made as the filth of the world, the offscouring of all things until now.
14 I do not write these things to shame you, but as my beloved children I warn you.
Phil 3:8-11
8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ
9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;
10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,
11 if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.
2 Pet 1:20
20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation,
1 Cor 2:15
15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.
Matt 5:6
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.
2 Tim 2:15
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
James 3:1-2
1 My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment.
2 For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body.
2 Cor 10:4-5
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
2 Cor 4:7-10
7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.
8 We are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed--
10 always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.
2 Cor 11:12-15
12 But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast.
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
(NKJ)
xxx An apostle is one who has gone through the milk found the Holy Spirit quoting verses and leading them. And has become a doer of the Word of God. One who knows now it is time to crucify their outer person(feelings & emotions). Knowing that now is the time to enter the kingdom of God. The milk brought you to the Holy Spirit and the true love of the Word, and the true love that God created. So that now it is time to walk in that love.

1 Pet 4:1-4

1 Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,
2 that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.
3 For we have spent enough of our past lifetime in doing the will of the Gentiles-- when we walked in lewdness, lusts, drunkenness, revelries, drinking parties, and abominable idolatries.
4 In regard to these, they think it strange that you do not run with them in the same flood of dissipation, speaking evil of you.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 11:24-30
24 From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one.
25 Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep;
26 in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
27 in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness--
28 besides the other things, what comes upon me daily: my deep concern for all the churches.
29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to stumble, and I do not burn with indignation?
30 If I must boast, I will boast in the things which concern my infirmity.
(NKJ)

Paul

2 Cor 11:5
5 For I consider that I am not at all inferior to the most eminent apostles.
(NKJ)

Rom 11:13
13 For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry,
(NKJ)

Rom 15:1-3

1 We then who are strong ought to bear with the scruples of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
2 Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, leading to edification.
3 For even Christ did not please Himself; but as it is written, "The reproaches of those who reproached You fell on Me."
(NKJ)

Luke 6:13-16
13 And when it was day, He called His disciples to Himself; and from them He chose twelve whom He also named apostles:
14 Simon, whom He also named Peter, and Andrew his brother; James and John; Philip and Bartholomew;
15 Matthew and Thomas; James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon called the Zealot;
16 Judas the son of James, and Judas Iscariot who also became a traitor.
(NKJ)

Bard_the_Bowman

I said
lolol Why in the world would you think that your own opinion is worth anything??? Really

Well, I will hand this to you, Squeaky.

That is a new way of bailing out of a conversation when one has no logical response to direct questions.

Not gonna answer anything about illiteracy, are you? Or the printing press? Or being ousted from synagogue worship?

Just throw out your opinion about the uselessness of my opinion.

That's tacky.

Geez. Even a simple-minded person like me can see the illogic of some of your claims.

Your failure to address direct questions to you speaks volumes about how inaccurate they are.

You are simply avoiding them.

Peace and I'm off for another while.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Well, I will hand this to you, Squeaky.

That is a new way of bailing out of a conversation when one has no logical response to direct questions.

Not gonna answer anything about illiteracy, are you? Or the printing press? Or being ousted from synagogue worship?

Just throw out your opinion about the uselessness of my opinion.

That's tacky.

Geez. Even a simple-minded person like me can see the illogic of some of your claims.

Your failure to address direct questions to you speaks volumes about how inaccurate they are.

You are simply avoiding them.

Peace and I'm off for another while.

I said
lol You didn't read the revelation on intellectual idiots did you. God doesn't even call the wise and prudent.

Matt 11:25
25 At that time Jesus answered and said, "I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 1:19-21
19 For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."
20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 1:25-27
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
(NKJ)