Three Men Marry (each other) in Colombia

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Nice wordplay, there.
It's not word play. You recognize that when you remove the support that makes this throw away comment of yours threadbare rhetoric.

So apparently you're now reduced to this, unwilling to reform your principle or accept the consequences of it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Are you saying bestiality isn't wrong?
Nothing in my advance could be misconstrued and your attempt to protect an inability to defend your point by going on the tangentially related offense is noted.

Or, I'm saying you've moved into another argument, one I haven't consented to having, when you hadn't begun to answer on the one we were having. The one where you made a mistake in forming a principle, I demonstrated the problem with it using a rhetorical trap and agreement then presented you with the need to reform or own its insufficiency.

Or are you saying, though wrong, it should be legal?
Supra.

glassjester

It's not word play. You recognize that when you remove the support that makes this throw away comment of yours threadbare rhetoric.

So apparently you're now reduced to this, unwilling to reform your principle or accept the consequences of it.

I said legalizing homosexual marriage changes people's attitudes toward marriage. I also said legalizing wife-beating would change people's attitudes toward marriage.

They're both true.

Even you believe it - you just happen to think legalizing homosexual marriage changed attitudes for the better.

glassjester

Oh. Is smoking wrong/unhealthy?

Yes, and there are legal restrictions due to that fact.

Is gluttony wrong/unhealthy?

Yes, but eating can and must be done to maintain health.

Is overindulging in alcohol wrong/unhealthy?

Yes, but alcohol can be consumed in healthy quantities.

...is there any "healthy" quantity of bestiality?

Does it harm people?
Why do you think bestiality should be illegal?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If the 5 year old has collateral, a good record, or even a co-signer, why not?
Because five year olds literally lack the capacity to understand the ramifications of their actions, are by virtue of their biology (grossly underformed pre frontal cortex) prone to making impulse-based decisions. Or as I once told teenagers on the point, "You're doing math with a bad calculator. Seek out your parents/trusted advisers before you make potentially serious life choices." The law recognized the inequity between the child and adult long before we had a biological understanding of the flaw to support our reasoned prohibition rooted in the experiential.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I agree.
We shouldn't confuse the two.
And consent and legal consent are not the same thing.
Rather, yes and consent aren't the same thing. You can teach a parrot to say yes, but it doesn't really understand. Neither does a child. That's why the law protects them, even from themselves. It takes an extraordinary showing to emancipate a minor, ending the restraints and protections of childhood.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I said legalizing homosexual marriage changes people's attitudes toward marriage.
You compared it to an attack on the institution. I noted it hadn't impacted my own. Eventually I noted that your response to my answer on criminalizing adultery ran into a principle problem for you.

I also said legalizing wife-beating would change people's attitudes toward marriage.
I answered on the problematic nature of comparing assault with the ability to enter into a marriage contract.

They're both true.
Do I really have to go back and repost our actual difference and the problem you got into before trying this? I mean I will if that's what it takes, but it's just stretching the moment, glass.

Even you believe it - you just happen to think legalizing homosexual marriage changed attitudes for the better.
I've never written or suggested anything of the sort.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, and there are legal restrictions due to that fact.

And there are legal restrictions for marriage ... such as being an adult. So much for that argument. Next ...

glassjester said:
Yes, but eating can and must be done to maintain health.

Based on this standard, NO ONE needs to marry. Next ...

Yes, but alcohol can be consumed in healthy quantities.

And choosing to be with someone you LOVE instead of an opposite gender stand in is also healthy.

...is there any "healthy" quantity of bestiality?

No ... and that includes the obsession to discuss it as though it's relevant, not criminal or harmful to animals.

Now then, IF you wish to discuss bestiality, it will have to be with someone else because I am not playing into your diversionary, off-topic *argument*.