Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
confederatemonumentlinnpark.jpg

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There are thousands of these monuments throughout almost every single county of the South.

Not to mention cemetery sections devoted exclusively to Confederate soldiers.

And the intolerant bigots want to destroy it all, and make you pay for their destruction.

Arthur Brain

There are thousands of these monuments throughout almost every single county of the South.

And the intolerant bigots want to destroy it all, and make you pay for their destruction.

Who, exactly, is campaigning to have these monuments destroyed?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
We don't have a single statue honoring one in my county. There are parks and plaques noting historical occurrences from the war, which is preserving history. Not a single monument to one of the losers though.

Which is little more than a historical marker unless you think graves are celebratory.

No, not at all. The statues are a different matter and the reasons for my and many people's objections have been noted. Beyond that, when the people of a community desire to see those lamentable monuments removed it's a public good and how they spend their money to that end is none of your business.

My position is in support of their efforts. I've never suggested a law or mandate to make a community act reasonably on the point. I don't believe it's necessary. Time and consideration will work that good, community by community. Those testaments to actual bigotry are on their way out, and rightfully so.

For folks to see before the racists cry-baby intolerant bigoted liberals use YOUR hard earned money to destroy any remnant of our history.
You're Southern?

In any event, only someone with a distorted and irrational world view could confuse bringing down statues fashioned to praise the ignoble, the actually bigoted mindset that produced the Civil War with an attempt to destroy history.

And they think WE are the problem????? ROFL!
Yes. Apologists for the cause of the South in that war are essentially responsible for the ongoing harm it does. If we'd buried it with the war instead of commemorating and ennobling it then who knows how many lives we might have spared.