This is what emboldened white supremacists look like

ClimateSanity

The south had the problem....now all blacks are involved. It's just more silly liberal spin.....and part of their "resist" movement claiming that all who disagree with them are racists. They are out to make race relations worse with each passing day. They do the same with Muslims. Dress your women in burquas and pink hats, libs, and stir up the minorities. We know what you're doing. So much for LOVE of Country. :nono:
They have only hatred for the country they grew up in but love the country they want to transform into.

ClimateSanity

They change what they want to be called every ten years or so. Most black people don't care, and the only ones who do are still swallowing the liberal diet of victimhood.
Yeah......Town is only speaking to liberal, race conscious blacks who typically wallow in rage and resentment.

glorydaz

Yeah......Town is only speaking to liberal, race conscious blacks who typically wallow in rage and resentment.

Yep. Let's face it....liberals of every color play the victim. They encourage people to play the victim, and they teach the upcoming generation to play the victim. They are devoid of common sense....else they would know that victimhood is a dead end road.

WizardofOz

Not all the world's blacks were affected by government actions post 1964. To say blacks were affected so and so is a false statement. Aborigines and other blacks around the world were not affected in any way, so your statements concerning blacks is blatantly false. To demand that I use confusing language in order to satisfy your leftists demands is wrong. For an African-American to demand I use the term black in an intellectual discussion with you is also wrong.
:liberals:
Why would "Aborigines and other blacks around the world (be) affected in any way" by the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act?

You're gonna have to explain that one there, champ.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You are the one who is making race the determining factor in how you speak about them, not me.
I'm using the term black people mostly use to describe themselves. That's just good manners, clear communication, and common sense. . . I'll wait while you look those up. :poly:

You, on the other hand, are insisting on using a term you're just about to tell everyone you know will insult some of them. I'll come back to why that's funny in a minute.

I will use black when speaking about African Americans when they are present and may be offended by the term African American.
Why not use the term you know won't offend? One most black people prefer and one that is as descriptive given the topic restrictions of "this country" and "before and after 1964". You think the content of your larger conversation won't give away whether you're suddenly speaking to an international issue? And what would that be, anyway? Just out of curiosity.

Now, in our conversation, you were referring to African Americans as blacks when discussing the issues surrounding their condition since 1964.
Actually I was speaking to your contention that blacks living prior to 1964 were better off in this country than blacks living here today.

Not all blacks went through that experience
Which literally doesn't alter anything in my address or rebuttal on the point.

.....just the African American ones.
You draw that circle free hand or did you use a stencil?

To insist on using the term black when it is not justified by the context is wrong.
Justified by whom and in relation to what standard?

To do so on the basis that they prefer to be called that, shows a problem with you and all the other race baiters in this country.
You believe that using African-American will offend some black people.

You are being pretty emphatic about using it here, in a public forum.

Race-baiter: someone who baits a racial group. Merriam-Webster. That would be what you're advocating in potential.

What I'm doing is as descriptive and won't offend or bait a soul.

So there you go again, hoisted on your custom made petard.

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
They are worse off.....in many ways. They sure weren't killing each other off in record numbers, like they are in Chicago today.

murderrate.JPG

the dramatic upward trend occurs in the mid to late sixties

:think: when was that highly touted "civil rights act" passed again?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
They are worse off.....in many ways.
I suspect the average black person would take the problems that come with freedom over the chance of being lynched or beaten for attempting the exercise. Just a guess mind you, but an educated one.

The south had the problem.
Here's an article you won't read: The North isn’t better than the South: The real history of modern racism and segregation above the Mason-Dixon line (link).

An excerpt: "When black migrants streamed north during and after World War Two, James Baldwin reflected, “they do not escape Jim Crow: they merely encounter another, not-less-deadly variety.”

They change what they want to be called every ten years or so. Most black people don't care,
Which is it?

and the only ones who do are still swallowing the liberal diet of victimhood.
Because nothing says "victim" like referring to yourself by a color? :plain: Do you get any sillier or is this bottom?

As the great Thomas Sowell has said, blacks made greater progress escaping poverty before the Civil Rights Act was passed than after.
Then he was wrong. The black middle class grew with the opportunities available after the passage of civil rights legislation.
Economic growth, public policy, black skill development, and the civil rights movement all contributed to the surfacing of a larger black middle class. The civil rights movement helped to remove barriers to higher education. As opportunity for African Americans expanded, blacks began to take advantage of the new possibilities. Homeownership has been crucial in the rise of the black middle class, including the movement of African Americans to the suburbs, which has also translated into better educational opportunities. By 1980, over 50% of the African American population had graduated from high school and eight percent graduated from college. In 2006, 86% of blacks between age 25 and 29 had graduated from high school and 19% had completed a bachelor's degrees.[13] As of 2003, the percentage of black householders is 48%, compared to 43% in 1990.[14]

Before the Civil Rights Act et al., the graduation rate of blacks from high school was around 20%, which in tandem with other restrictions limited upward economic mobility.​

rexlunae

As the great Thomas Sowell has said, blacks made greater progress escaping poverty before the Civil Rights Act was passed than after.

Three obvious observations:

1. You clearly believe that because he is black and it bolsters what you'd prefer to believe anyway, not because of a consideration of the available evidence.

2. The baseline for the progress of black Americans starts at slavery, and rises to gradually decreasing systematic oppression, dispossession, and violence. The fact that you couldn't order them to plow your field for little or no money represents a great deal of progress, so maybe the comparison shouldn't be against the scale of all progress already made.

3. You're fundamentally missing the point of Civil Rights. You could be a wealthy black person, but if you drove through some parts of the country in the pre-Civil Rights era, you might not be able to find a hotel that would let you stay there at any price. In that sense, the law is partially about economic equality, but really quite a bit more about basic human dignity.

glorydaz

I suspect the average black person would take the problems that come with freedom over the chance of being lynched or beaten for attempting the exercise. Just a guess mind you, but an educated one.

Here's an article you won't read: The North isn’t better than the South: The real history of modern racism and segregation above the Mason-Dixon line (link).

An excerpt: "[FONT=&]When black migrants streamed north during and after World War Two, James Baldwin reflected, “they do not escape Jim Crow: they merely encounter another, not-less-deadly variety.”[/FONT]

Which is it?

Because nothing says "victim" like referring to yourself by a color? :plain: Do you get any sillier or is this bottom?

Then he was wrong. The black middle class grew with the opportunities available after the passage of civil rights legislation.
Economic growth, public policy, black skill development, and the civil rights movement all contributed to the surfacing of a larger black middle class. The civil rights movement helped to remove barriers to higher education. As opportunity for African Americans expanded, blacks began to take advantage of the new possibilities. Homeownership has been crucial in the rise of the black middle class, including the movement of African Americans to the suburbs, which has also translated into better educational opportunities. By 1980, over 50% of the African American population had graduated from high school and eight percent graduated from college. In 2006, 86% of blacks between age 25 and 29 had graduated from high school and 19% had completed a bachelor's degrees.[13] As of 2003, the percentage of black householders is 48%, compared to 43% in 1990.[14]

Before the Civil Rights Act et al., the graduation rate of blacks from high school was around 20%, which in tandem with other restrictions limited upward economic mobility.​

You're right about one thing. I'm not interesting in reading any of your drivel.

ClimateSanity

Three obvious observations:

1. You clearly believe that because he is black and it bolsters what you'd prefer to believe anyway, not because of a consideration of the available evidence.

2. The baseline for the progress of black Americans starts at slavery, and rises to gradually decreasing systematic oppression, dispossession, and violence. The fact that you couldn't order them to plow your field for little or no money represents a great deal of progress, so maybe the comparison shouldn't be against the scale of all progress already made.

3. You're fundamentally missing the point of Civil Rights. You could be a wealthy black person, but if you drove through some parts of the country in the pre-Civil Rights era, you might not be able to find a hotel that would let you stay there at any price. In that sense, the law is partially about economic equality, but really quite a bit more about basic human dignity.
Don't quit your day job. You're no good at mind reading.

northwye

Many Blacks do not understand that Racism is being used as a weapon of the Marxist Left to gain power for itself, rather than to help the Blacks. The large cities that are under Democratic or Leftist control are hell holes for the Blacks.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You're right about one thing. I'm not interesting in reading any of your drivel.

you'd think he might be humbled by the fact that people here reject him so readily

but no - he just uses it as an opportunity to mock you and stroke his own ego

I didn't write it...you can't even get that much right. :plain: But thanks for settling a bet.

which is, of course, at the root of why so many people here reject him so readily