This is what emboldened white supremacists look like

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It goes both ways though, doesn't it? :think:

The point is that no one forced Disney to stop making copies of 'Song of the South'.

That thread, shows political corrections stops and allows for all kinds of things, some people now think its ok for perverts to teach children perversion.

You actually made my point, the "force" is the majority attitudes, and fear of being sued is a huge force.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
By putting yourself in someone else's shoes? This isn't that difficult. Forget the vandalism thing for a moment. Is there a category of monuments that conservatives wouldn't support?

sorry, i cant imagine being a vandal, period. You are asking me to forget vandalism, when we are talking about why a Conservative would be a vandal like a lot of liberals are.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
sorry, i cant imagine being a vandal, period. You are asking me to forget vandalism, when we are talking about why a Conservative would be a vandal like a lot of liberals are.
No, by asking you to forget vandalism I was no longer talking about conservatives being vandals. :plain:

drbrumley

You already did and I read it entirely. :plain: Otherwise, as with Tam and Angel this is what I expect in response to reason from people who lack a demonstrated command of the facts and control of their emotions. Ah, well. Can't wait on the next exciting upchuck or smiley. I'm sure it will be riveting.

To reason? When are you going to start using some reason in your posts?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
To reason? When are you going to start using some reason in your posts?
I already have, and you've responded with smilies, block quotes and single sentence nothings. I'm not going to repeat myself for you any more than you're going to contend with fact. Just stew in that fairy tale you've bought into, leave off reading what the people who started the war said about why, the conduct of it, ect. Be happy. Time will take care of the rest.

WizardofOz

That thread, shows political corrections stops and allows for all kinds of things, some people now think its ok for perverts to teach children perversion.

You actually made my point, the "force" is the majority attitudes, and fear of being sued is a huge force.

You must see some parallel. You are offended by a library hosting 'story time with drag queens' and prefer that it is stopped. Others are offended by confederate icons having monuments and prefer they are stopped.

The parallel may not be history or content but both involve an outcry of public opinion over taxpayer funding that offends some on opposite sides of the political spectrum.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
you asked me to imagine others, i cant think of any right now that i personally have an issue with, got any suggestions?
Not really. Though WoO had a good candidate with a Harvey Milk statue. If LGBT rights monuments started popping up there might be some opposition.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You must see some parallel. You are offended by a library hosting 'story time with drag queens' and prefer that it is stopped. Others are offended by confederate icons having monuments and prefer they are stopped.

The parallel may not be history or content but both involve an outcry of public opinion over taxpayer funding that offends some on opposite sides of the political spectrum.

They arent the same - one deals with a child being taught perversion directly, not the same as a statue of a drag queen either.

Are those confederate flags and statues speaking now directly to children about sex?

drbrumley

Sad Town and company have been reduced to this:

From The Simpsons, "Much Apu About Nothing," episode 151, May 5, 1996:
Citizenship Test Administrator: What was the cause of the Civil War?
Apu: Actually, there were numerous causes. Aside from the obvious schism between abolitionists and anti-abolitionists, economic factors both domestic and international….
Administrator: (Interrupting) Hey, hey.
Apu: Yeah?
Administrator: Just say slavery.
Apu: Slavery it is, sir.