This Black WAS abused by cops.. Sandra Bland

rexlunae

Do you think thats a good thing?

Do you think that it's a good thing that an officer in a routine traffic stop feels entitled to draw his gun and threaten to "light up" a woman who clearly doesn't pose a threat to him or anyone else? To me, that's just disproportionate, even if you think she was partially in the wrong.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Do you think that it's a good thing that an officer in a routine traffic stop feels entitled to draw his gun and threaten to "light up" a woman who clearly doesn't pose a threat to him or anyone else? To me, that's just disproportionate, even if you think she was partially in the wrong.

Where did you see him draw his gun?

GFR7

He acted like a criminal.

GFR7

No, it wasn't a gun, but a stun gun, a tazer. Of course , many have been killed by them. He was threatening her with violence and it was horrid.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No, it wasn't a gun, but a stun gun, a tazer. Of course , many have been killed by them. He was threatening her with violence and it was horrid.

Better to be tazed than shot, she was resisting and he warned her what would happen if she continued. Think better not to give a warning and just do it?

Better altogether just to do what he said. Keep teaching people to resist though. It never goes well.

Want to answer what i asked you now?

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER
Have you all seen the video from before this cop made a u-turn? It looks to me like Bland ran a stop sign...without signaling.
The cop then makes a u-turn to follow her.
Maybe, just maybe to give her a chance to drive properly thus demonstrating respect for traffic laws?
Or, he may have been unsure that his dash cam captured the initial infraction so he drove behind her to see if he could get her on something else?
Either way, she then changed lanes without signaling (infraction), right in front of him. And he was still willing to just issue a warning?

Having said all that...I’ve gotten out of more traffic tickets just by being respectful.
Respect doesn't seem like too much to expect from anyone, including cops (when it's warranted).

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Have you all seen the video from before this cop made a u-turn? It looks to me like Bland ran a stop sign...without signaling.
The cop then makes a u-turn to follow her.
Maybe, just maybe to give her a chance to drive properly thus demonstrating respect for traffic laws?
Or, he may have been unsure that his dash cam captured the initial infraction so he drove behind her to see if he could get her on something else?
Either way, she then changed lanes without signaling (infraction), right in front of him. And he was still willing to just issue a warning?

Having said all that...I’ve gotten out of more traffic tickets just by being respectful.
Respect doesn't seem like too much to expect from anyone, including cops (when it's warranted).

:thumb:

rexlunae

Better to be tazed than shot, she was resisting and he warned her what would happen if she continued. Think better not to give a warning and just do it?

Better altogether just to do what he said. Keep teaching people to resist though. It never goes well.

Better yet for him to just hand her the warning and walk away, I think. That's all he had to do. If cops are there to keep the peace, they should strongly favor deescalating over escalating.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Better yet for him to just hand her the warning and walk away, I think. That's all he had to do. If cops are there to keep the peace, they should strongly favor deescalating over escalating.

Irrelevant to the fact that she resisted, and kept resisting. That never ends well.

fool

Hall of Fame
There's a storm building and it's not just over one or two incidents. Unless these cases slow down, there will be changes in the regulation of police officers.

That might be a good thing, or it might be a bad thing. But unless departments clean out the rotten apples, change is inevitable.

They need lapel cameras on every cop.
Shootings need to be investigated by the state, not their own internal affairs and prosecuted by the state, not their own local DA who they see in the halls every day.
The FBI needs to run audits, dress up a minority agent in shabby clothes and a beat up car with hidden cameras and drive around seeing how he gets treated.
We need to troll the cops the same way we troll the criminals.

GFR7

I already did answer.:mmph: see post #360

bybee

And she had an obligation in this encounter also.

GFR7

Of COURSE. :AMR1: Thank God the man was yanked from the streets. Of course it's too late for Sandra. :nono:

GFR7

And she had an obligation in this encounter also.
I'll wager she never, ever expected in a million years that he would begin bellowing , threatening, and yanking her from the car. I think she was absolutely caught off guard at that point. I would have been, too.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I think that's highly suspect, but as I said to Angel, we're not going to resolve it here. You actually are not under an obligation to follow an order lacking a basis in the law.

Too bad that the law has already upheld the right of an officer to order someone out of their car in a routine traffic stop. She had to comply, there was no choice not to. But you too, keep telling people to do what can get them hurt.

fool

Hall of Fame
Too bad that the law has already upheld the right of an officer to order someone out of their car in a routine traffic stop. She had to comply, there was no choice not to. But you too, keep telling people to do what can get them hurt.

The stupid in this thread is unbearable.