ECT "Things that are different" included Gentiles

Danoh

Wrong mysteryboy.

If it was future, then the tense would be "will be established".

You Darby Followers really have a very hard time with simple grammar.

Not necessarily...

1 Peter 1:20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Danoh

:chuckle: Jews and Greeks are the first group

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Acts 26:17 KJV

Nope.

You need to CAREFULLY compare Acts 9 with Galatians 1, and Acts 15, as to what Paul had accomplished in Syria and Cilicia, back in Acts 9.

Your study approach is lacking a bit more thoroughness.

Of course, you only take offense to having pointed out to you "that which is lacking in your faith."

You are not the issue, heir.

Christ ALONE is.

Quit making yourself the issue when things are pointed out to you.

Galatians 2:20 is the issue.

Not you.

Proverbs 27:17.

musterion

Wrong mysteryboy.

If it was future, then the tense would be "will be established".

You Darby Followers really have a very hard time with simple grammar.

God's Word will stand and will accomplish whatever He intends.

Just as there is Scripture that is no longer in force because it was written people in the past, likewise there is Scripture that will not...cannot...be completely fulfilled until the future.

This is why preterism is both stupid and blasphemous: it's selectively tries to limit God on what He may and may not do in the future.

Danoh

How many verses do you want me to show you glorydazedandconfused?

I gave you a verse that says Paul was a minister of the New Covenant.

I gave you another verse that says the New Covenant "was established".

I gave you another verse that says the New Covenant "has become".

I gave you another verse where Jesus says: "is the New Covenant".

Not to mention the following verse I haven't given yet:

(Heb 8:13) By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Care to tell us what "has made the first one obsolete" means?

Other than in the spirit of say, a passage like Romans 15:4: such things matter not directly; if they do not apply directly.

And the fact is that your entire system is different from that of the Dispy's.

The result being that a verse here and there pointed out by you is not going to impact a thing based on an entire system; on a constellation of many elements comprising both the whole, and its' every aspect.

That is exactly why the Dispy does not buy into your assertion that the Lord already returned - yours is an assertion based on an entire and vastly different system that you hold to.

And that is no defence of yours.

Case in point - Interplanner holds to a system very similar to your own, and even he disagrees with your assertion that the Lord already returned.

I know, time for you to inadvertently plug Darby.

So thank you very much for doing so :chuckle:

Danoh

Anderson was a Darby Follower.

Therefore, anything you quote from him, is meaningless.

Nope.

Darby was not Acts 28.

Neither was Bullinger the founder of what became known as Bullingerism.

He only became known as its' founder because the writers of endless books "about" that you ever over rely on have always been not only sloppy in their research on these things, but lacking in basic integrity whenever it was pointed out they were being sloppy in who they were attributing to what.

Exactly the two poor qualities you continually manifest driving your exact same erroneous rhetoric, in just about your every post on here.

Danoh

Ribera and Alcazar designed two types of diversions from the historical meaning, Jerry. To protect the Pope. One was futurist and became D'ism. Alcazar was grounded in something in the 3rd century and faded away. They were Counter-Reformation--in methodology.

That just proves the incompetence of your myopia.

Might as well throw out the teaching that Jesus was the Son of God - because the RCC holds to that same assertion.

Or that Christ died for our sins - because the RCC holds this same assertion.

And you might as well quit holding to that - because the Dispy holds to those.

Be it Darby (known in connection with a major work on Dispensationalism), or Russell (known in connection with a major work on Preterism) and every other man known in between, what matters first is not the source.

Rather, as the Apostle Paul himself put it of the witness of even a heretic - what matters first is whether or not "this witness is true" - Titus 1:12-14.

That principle right there, IP, is why I agree with you where I alone often do, when I do. Where I find your "witness" on some point "is true."

In contrast, in your above post, you are basically practicing the double-standard of many on here who oppose your views - the practice of failing to concede a point based on its' source.

Let go the narrow mind of your obvious myopia, bro.

Last edited:

Danoh

Darby was 41 years older than Anderson.

Darby was born in 1800, and invented Dispensationalism in 1830. Anderson wasn't born until 1841 (11 years after Darby invented Dispensationalism). Anderson heard Darby preach when he was a kid.

IOW, Anderson was a Darby Follower.

Nope.

I can give you countless examples of preterism from the early church fathers who lived hundreds of years before Alcazar.

However, none of you Darby Followers can show Dispensationalsim being taught before Darby invented it in 1830.

Even IP knows it was taught in one form or another before Darby :chuckle:

But again, source is not the first concern, Titus 1:12-13.

Danoh

Looks like heir is whining and crying in the woodshed.

heir does this often because she can't handle anyone who disagrees with her Acts 9/Bullingerism.

heir is upset because I brought up the New Covenant in this thread. heir's ridiculous theory about the "two groups" in Ephesians being both Gentiles stems from heir's total lack of understanding the difference in the covenants.

So, instead of heir discussing, and trying to back her ridiculous claim with scripture, she goes crying and whining to the woodshed.

"...this witness is true" Tel.

Some of them immediately run to the woodshed.

Never as to their pals, though.

One more trait not found within many MADs outside of this fringe group and their Hybrid on TOL.

I won't be surprised if she soon closes down this thread - a habit of hers when things don't go her way - as with that major hypocrite on here, Musterion.

Though he is even worse; he is ever attempting to get people who do not hold his extremist nonsense either booted out of a thread, or completely banned from TOL.

THIS is the grace these so called gospel of grace hypocrites and their pals apparantly actually hold to on here.

Titus 1:12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. 1:13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; 1:14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth. 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Danoh

Crap? I gave scripture to back my claims.

heir is dead wrong.

The "two groups" in Ephesians are NOT two groups of Gentiles.

And, as I have pointed out, it's heir's denial of the New Covenant that has her making such erroneous claims.

Nope, that is not why she and hers end up at this error of theirs on Ephesians and other points.

The vast majority of Mid-Acts Based Dispensational Pastor-Teachers do not hold these hybrid fringe views of heir's and her pals on here.

It is clear this fringe group has deviated from properly studying a thing out, as a result of never having learned how to, to begin with.

Of course, pointing this out as a possibility only rubs such the wrong way.

Last edited:

Danoh

Jerry claimed Sir Robert Anderson was a fellow peer of Darby.

I easily proved Jerry wrong.

Anderson was a follower of Darby.

Actually, Anderson's views are far closer to what became known as Acts 28 Dispensationalism.

A point Jerry has ever denied.

Only to prove otherwise, when he posts a writing from Anderson in which Anderson does not appear a 28er only to Jerry :chuckle:

Danoh

No he didn't.

Somehow, you Darby followers can't understand that when NT writers quoted OT prophecies, they weren't projecting them into the future, they were telling everyone the prophecies were being fulfilled.

You remain clueless, Tel.

Danoh

Wrong.

(Gal 3:29) If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Unbelieving Jews are NOT Abraham's seed.

Paul makes it clear that only those who belong to Christ Jesus are Abraham's seed.

JW was not saying unbelieving Jews are of Abraham's spiritual seed.

:doh:

Danoh

I don't hate Jews.

I'm just not a Zionist like you Darby Followers are.

People who call themselves Jews today, reject Christ Jesus, and therefore, are no different than a Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, atheist, etc. These Christ rejecting Jews are NOT the seed of Abraham.

Yet, you Darby Followers tell these Christ rejecting Jews that they are special, and that God has a future plan for them.

As I once said: "Dispensationlaism sends Jews to hell"

Rubbish - their future is future.

Jews today who do not turn back to the God of their Fathers and trust that Chrisr died for their sins are hell-bound, just like anyone else who does not trust that Christ died for their sins.

There isn't a true Dispy who says otherwise.

While future Jews who do not turn back to the God of their Fathers can expect the same fate.

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Acts 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

You remain clueless "about" Dispensationalism.

Danoh

You've long dumped every MAD who isn't you into the same doctrinal bucket of hybrids, genius, so from your perspective if I'm asking about her errors I'm automatically asking about my own.

Nope. Yours are far worse.

Case in point, she does not hold your extremist bigotry of capital punishment for homosexuals.

Her view is that Christ died for their sins too and they need to hear that.

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul placed it in the future.

Again, why is it so hard for you guys to understand that when NT writers quoted OT verses, it wasn't because they were still to be fulfilled? They quoted them because they were being fulfilled when they quoted them.
Are you willing to argue that there was a time in the past when all of the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob belonging to both the house of Israel and the house of Judah were saved?

Yes, the cross.

(1 John 2:2) He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Interplanner

@Lon is part preterist and, I believe, thinks Tet and IP are generally stupider than the MADs with whom Lon disagrees on basic principles. He can confirm or deny that for himself though.

Excuse me, but I preach what is in Christ and historically true. I don't know if that is what you mean by preterist, so if you speak about me again, it is the historical view of what is true in Christ, got it?