There is no Hell

Aimiel

I am capable of comprehending what I read. The Bible says that the lake of fire is the second death, which is exactly what I believe.
The Lake of Fire is described in Scriptures as torment forever... not an end of existence as you have imagined it to be.

rstrats

Aimiel,

re: "The Lake of Fire is described in Scriptures as torment forever..."

And the KJV only describes that fate for the devil.

Aimiel

Aimiel,

re: "The Lake of Fire is described in Scriptures as torment forever..."

And the KJV only describes that fate for the devil.
Not so...

And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

The 'whosoever' here is human beings.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
So you keep claiming. The Bible does not say that.

I'll ask this again, because it is important to me. Can you describe the doctrine of Conditional Immortality in your own words? Why do you not want to do this? Humor me please, can you describe the doctrine of Conditional Immortality in your own words?

Hell is without God. That's the contextual reasoning.

You cannot teach anyone who are not open to the whole picture of the Bible.

rstrats

Aimiel,

re: "The 'whosoever' here is human beings."

And nothing is said about eternal torment in the verse. You for some reason want it to say that it does. It even seems like you relish the idea.

Timotheos

Actually It does.

You cannot describe the doctrine of Conditional Immortality without using the very same language that the Bible uses for the fate of the lost. Think about that. If the lost are destroyed, if they perish instead of being tormented alive forever and you wanted to convey that to someone, you would use the exact same description that the Bible uses:
The wicked shall perish.
The wicked shall be no more.
The wages of sin is death.
The soul who sins shall die.
The wicked shall be burnt up like chaff and blown away.
Transgressors shall be altogether destroyed.

BUT

The gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I know why you refused to describe the doctrine of Conditional Immortality in your own words. It is because you CAN'T, without using the very same words the Bible uses. And you just don't want to admit, even to yourself, that Conditional Immortality is true.

Aimiel

You cannot describe the doctrine of Conditional Immortality without using the very same language that the Bible uses for the fate of the lost. Think about that. If the lost are destroyed, if they perish instead of being tormented alive forever and you wanted to convey that to someone, you would use the exact same description that the Bible uses:
The wicked shall perish.
The wicked shall be no more.
The wages of sin is death.
The soul who sins shall die.
The wicked shall be burnt up like chaff and blown away.
Transgressors shall be altogether destroyed.
You forgot to mention:

And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

And:

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
The gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
And the punishment of sinners is eternal conscious torment, as Scripture teaches. Ignoring the verses which show it is easy to do, but still wrong.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Those who believe in and promote eternal torment seem to do so because they hope someone else will go there.

Aimiel

Those who promote false religions seem to do so because they're convinced the lies they espouse are actually Truth. :duh:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment [Isa. 63:3].

"Notice that it is their blood, not His.

The early church fathers associated these first six verses with the first coming of Christ. They mistook the winepress as the suffering of Christ on the Cross. Such an interpretation is untenable, as the blood upon His garments is not His blood but that of others. It is the day of vengeance. It is identified already with the second coming of Christ rather than with His first coming. The Lord Jesus made that clear in Luke 4:18–20 when He read Isaiah 61:2. The Lord Jesus shed His own blood at His first coming, but that is not the picture which is presented here. He was trodden on at His first coming, but here He does the treading. This is a frightful picture of judgment." :popcorn: McGee, J. V. (1991)." Thru the Bible commentary: The Prophets (Isaiah 36-66) (electronic ed., Vol. 23, p. 178). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

:listen: If one is being chastened don't Snoopy dance too much or God will withdraw punishment.
tiptoe.gif
Pr 24:17–18

rstrats

Aimiel,

re: "And the punishment of sinners is eternal conscious torment..."

You still haven't provided any scripture that says that.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Aimiel,

re: "And the punishment of sinners is eternal conscious torment..."

You still haven't provided any scripture that says that.

"Everlasting fire (Mt 25:41), everlasting punishment (Mt 25:46), outer darkness (Mt 8:12), everlasting destruction (2 Thess. 1:9), lake of fire (Rev. 19:20)." :burnlib: Thomas Nelson Publishers. (1996). Nelson’s quick reference topical Bible index (p. 283). Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers.

CherubRam

HELL is not a belief in Judaism. Why would the Messiah introduce the Pagan belief in Hell and not give an explanation? Eternal torture is also a contradiction to the words of God. Did the SERPENT tell the truth and God lied. If there is a Hell, then that makes God a liar, and the Serpent told the truth.
The Serpent tells us that we will not surly die. That is the Serpent doctrine.

Genesis 3
4 “You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

The words Gehenna, grave, and pit do not translate as Hell. Gehenna is a parabolic word that means destruction. Are you guys reading what I write?

Please read post #1 if you have not already.