There is no Hell

rstrats

Daniel1611,

re: "The Bible says, they were thrown into the lake of fire where they will be tortured day and night forever and ever."

The KJV only says that the devil will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

rstrats

Totton Linnet,

re: "You are deliberately lying."

What other kind of lying is there? Or are you just being repetitiously redundant on purpose?

Timotheos

It says those on the left departed into eternal punishment.

Christ did not say "die ye cursed" He said "depart from Me ye cursed"

You are deliberately lying.

I am not lying, deliberately or accidentally.
I reported what the Bible says, Do you deny that only the Sheep get to have eternal life and the Goats do not get to have eternal life? Do you agree that a person must BE eternal in order to be eternally tormented? Do you agree that the Goats are not eternal?

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I am not lying, deliberately or accidentally.
I reported what the Bible says, Do you deny that only the Sheep get to have eternal life and the Goats do not get to have eternal life? Do you agree that a person must BE eternal in order to be eternally tormented? Do you agree that the Goats are not eternal?

It's a deliberate lie, "these shall depart into eternal punishment"

CherubRam

LOL. For sure. The OP is a huge giant post full of gobbldeygook.
Did you read page one?

Catholic Gnosticism.
The attitude of the Catholic Church toward paganism is best summed up by Pope Gregory the Great, in his words to a missionary: “You must not interfere with any traditional belief or religious observance that can be harmonized with Christianity.”

Not only were the Congregations divided by Gnosticism, but enticed by philosophy and paganism also, and there were geographic divisions as well.
Pope Gregory 540 – 12 March 604.

Just a reminder that it was the Catholic Church that canonized scripture.

Daniel1611

Daniel1611,

re: "The Bible says, they were thrown into the lake of fire where they will be tortured day and night forever and ever."

The KJV only says that the devil will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Really?

Revelation 20:15 - And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Timotheos

It's a deliberate lie, "these shall depart into eternal punishment"

Thank you for the Blessing Totten, because Jesus said "Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

Now back to the statement "these shall depart into eternal punishment".
I asked you to go back and read Matthew 25:46. You said that you did. You agreed that it was the sheep who received eternal life. You agreed that the goats do not receive eternal life. You and I agree that the goats shall depart into eternal punishment. You and I disagree on what the punishment consists of. The goats do not have eternal life, therefore the punishment for the goats cannot be eternal torment, because the goats would have to be alive forever in order to be conscious of eternal torment.

Now, every time you falsely revile me I will thank you for the blessing. Every time you falsely claim that I deliberately lie, I will thank you for that blessing. I rejoice and I am glad because Jesus says that my reward is great in heaven because you do this. Thank You!

Aimiel

We will be eternally non-existent if we are not sheep. that is eternal punishment.

How can there be smoke arising from torment of souls which no longer exist. The torment continues forever or the smoke would cease.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

The Hell There Is!

source link

The doctrine of hell is so frightening that numerous heretical sects end up denying the reality of an eternal hell. The Unitarian-Universalists, the Seventh-day Adventists, the Jehovah’s Witnesses, the Christadelphians, the Christian Scientists, the Religious Scientists, the New Agers, and the Mormons—all have rejected or modified the doctrine of hell so radically that it is no longer a serious threat. In recent decades, this decay has even invaded mainstream Evangelicalism, and a number of major Evangelical figures have advocated the view that there is no eternal hell—the wicked will simply be annihilated.

But the eternal nature of hell is stressed in the New Testament. For example, in Mark 9:47–48 Jesus warns us, "t is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, where the worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched." And in Revelation 14:11, we read: "And the smoke of their torment goes up for ever and ever; and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name."

Hell is not just a theoretical possibility. Jesus warns us that real people go there. He says, "Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few" (Matt. 7:13–14).

The Catechism of the Catholic Church states: "The teaching of the Church affirms the existence of hell and its eternity. Immediately after death the souls of those who die in a state of mortal sin descend into hell, where they suffer the punishments of hell, ‘eternal fire.’ The chief punishment of hell is eternal separation from God, in whom alone man can possess the life and happiness for which he was created and for which he longs" (CCC 1035).

In his 1994 book, Crossing the Threshold of Hope, Pope John Paul II wrote that too often "preachers, catechists, teachers . . . no longer have the courage to preach the threat of hell" (p. 183).

Concerning the reality of hell, the pope says, "In point of fact, the ancient councils rejected the theory . . . according to which the world would be regenerated after destruction, and every creature would be saved; a theory which abolished hell. . . . [T]he words of Christ are unequivocal. In Matthew’s Gospel he speaks clearly of those who will go to eternal punishment (cf. Matt. 25:46). [But] who will these be? The Church has never made any pronouncement in this regard" (pp. 185–6).

Thus the issue that some will go to hell is decided, but the issue of who in particular will go to hell is undecided.

The early Church Fathers were also absolutely firm on the reality of an eternal hell, as the following quotes show........<SNIP>
To read the early Church writings CLICK HERE