There is no Hell

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
They will be resurrected from death to face judgement "and these will depart into eternal punishment"

God doesn't say to them "die" He says to them "depart into eternal punishment prepared for the devil and his angels"

Timotheos

They will be resurrected from death to face judgement "and these will depart into eternal punishment"

God doesn't say to them "die" He says to them "depart into eternal punishment prepared for the devil and his angels"

And He says that the OTHERS go off to eternal life. Not BOTH groups. And by the way, God did say "die". Luke 13:3, "Unless you repent, you will likewise perish".

CherubRam

The Bible side.

And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
The Hebrew word "sheol" means grave, it does not translate as "Hell." The word Hell was added to the scriptures by the Catholics. Hell is a Pagan belief. Hell is not an original teaching of the bible.

Aimiel

The Hebrew word "sheol" means grave, it does not translate as "Hell." The word Hell was added to the scriptures by the Catholics. Hell is a Pagan belief. Hell is not an original teaching of the bible.
Whatever. You're mistaken.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
And He says that the OTHERS go off to eternal life. Not BOTH groups. And by the way, God did say "die". Luke 13:3, "Unless you repent, you will likewise perish".

If the life is eternal then so must the punishment be also eternal. The church of God has always believed death as the separation of the soul from God....even the Jews believed that.

Even if it were not taught me I know my inner self will always exist. Your interpretation of death is flawed and only applies to to physical death...but man has soul.

Daniel1611

The Bible says, they were thrown into the lake of fire where they will be tortured day and night forever and ever. If you don't believe in hell, then your problem is with the Bible.

CherubRam

The Bible says, they were thrown into the lake of fire where they will be tortured day and night forever and ever. If you don't believe in hell, then your problem is with the Bible.

Does the word "parable" elude you? Fire means judgment. The Lake is a body of people. And the word "torture" is a contradiction to other scriptures. Their punishment is forever. Life is the opposite of dead.

Daniel1611

Does the word "parable" elude you? Fire means judgment. The Lake is a body of people. And the word "torture" is a contradiction to other scriptures. Their punishment is forever. Life is the opposite of dead.

There is no indication in scripture that the lake of fire is not a literal place and every indication that it is.

Timotheos

If the life is eternal then so must the punishment be also eternal. The church of God has always believed death as the separation of the soul from God....even the Jews believed that.

Even if it were not taught me I know my inner self will always exist. Your interpretation of death is flawed and only applies to to physical death...but man has soul.

No, Read Matthew 25:46 again. Only the "sheep" go off to eternal life.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

that sounds fair for 50 years or so of sin on earth. if someone deserves that then so be it. we all do. could it be a metaphor because we can't desribe the pain and level of suffering that just being seperated from God would feel like ? i suspect fire is not a strong enough word. taking The Bible literal is what we are to do. Thank God for Jesus Christ:jump:

CherubRam

that sounds fair for 50 years or so of sin on earth. if someone deserves that then so be it. we all do. could it be a metaphor because we can't desribe the pain and level of suffering that just being seperated from God would feel like ? i suspect fire is not a strong enough word. taking The Bible literal is what we are to do. Thank God for Jesus Christ:jump:
The bible often is written in a parable without giving any indication that it is parabolic.

Numbers 12:8
With him I speak face to face, clearly and not in riddles; he sees the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?”

Psalm 49:4
I will turn my ear to a proverb; with the harp I will expound my riddle:

Proverbs 1:6
for understanding proverbs and parables, the sayings and riddles of the wise.

Daniel 5:12
He did this because Daniel, whom the king called Belteshazzar, was found to have a keen mind and knowledge and understanding, and also the ability to interpret dreams, explain riddles and solve difficult problems. Call for Daniel, and he will tell you what the writing means.”

Ezekiel 20:49
Then I said, “Sovereign LORD, they are saying of me, ‘Isn’t he just telling parables?’”

Hosea 12:10
I spoke to the prophets, gave them many visions and told parables through them.”

Matthew 13:3
Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed.

Matthew 13:10
The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?”

Matthew 13:13
This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

Matthew 13:34
Jesus spoke all these things to the crowd in parables; he did not say anything to them without using a parable.

Matthew 13:35
So was fulfilled what was spoken through the prophet: “I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter things hidden since the creation of the world.”

Psalm 78
2 I will open my mouth with a parable; I will utter hidden things, things from of old...

Timotheos

Thank you. And since only the sheep go off to eternal life, it means the goats do not go off to eternal life. Do you still agree?

Now, since the goats do not have eternal life, the punishment in Matthew 25:46 can't be eternal life in hell being tormented alive. Agreed?

So since we agree that the punishment is not eternal conscious torment, what do you think the eternal punishment is? I suggest that it is death, since the Bible says that the wages of sin is death in Romans 6:23.