The Unofficial "Mocking T.V. Evangelists" thread

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hal Lindsay told Dave Hunt he'd have blood on his hands for doubting y2k. Last I heard Hal never apologized.

One of the dumbest things I know about (get out your memory caps) was Oral Roberts saying God would kill him if he didn't raise the money.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
One of the dumbest things I know about (get out your memory caps) was Oral Roberts saying God would kill him if he didn't raise the money.

I remember that.
I thought it was dumb at the time......still do.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
You get what you ask for.

You are too worldly to talk about spiritual things, you just don't get it.

Jesus says don't throw pearls to the pig. this is Jesus' word, not mine.

Yeah, 'cause pigs don't recognize or value the pearls. :idunno:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You get what you ask for.

You are too worldly to talk about spiritual things, you just don't get it.

Jesus says don't throw pearls to the pig. this is Jesus' word, not mine.

that's so phony - you are not true christian you are other worldly

Danoh

Here, just to make up for how bad that LOL thread started off - what's another name for two tongues talkers named Bob?

Oral Roberts :DK:

musterion

When did I say I am a true Christian?

You are the ones claiming to be true and saved Christians. I don't claim any of that.

The Bible really boils it down to those who are "in Christ" and those who are not, because they're still in Adam. There's no middle ground there. To be in Christ is to have His righteousness before God, which means one is true and saved...not by works of righteousness which we have done but by His mercy He saved us. To be without Christ is to be lost and without hope, no matter what one tries to do to please or obey God.

So yeah. Those of us who've trusted Christ alone, and not any work we can do for Him, are in fact true and saved...not in ourselves, but in Christ. That's what God's Word promises to anyone who will simply believe it.

glorydaz

The Bible really boils it down to those who are "in Christ" and those who are not, because they're still in Adam. There's no middle ground there. To be in Christ is to have His righteousness before God, which means one is true and saved...not by works of righteousness which we have done but by His mercy He saved us. To be without Christ is to be lost and without hope, no matter what one tries to do to please or obey God.

So yeah. Those of us who've trusted Christ alone, and not any work we can do for Him, are in fact true and saved...not in ourselves, but in Christ. That's what God's Word promises to anyone who will simply believe it.

Exactly. :thumb: