The Unofficial "Mocking T.V. Evangelists" thread

Danoh

...When I accepted Jesus I began to study aikido. It is the only martial art that deals with one's opponent without harming them. And to my delight, there are ways of using psychological aikido in relationships with my family and others. Jesus did much the same thing at times. He changed the context of an event and demonstrated how to "go with the flow" to confront an opponent or an immoral situation.

Was just curious...

Don't share that with most Charismatics, though; they will tell you (when they know who he was and the advanced skill level he managed to reach) that Uyeshiba was demon possessed, lol

As for the rest of your post; we differ. It is what it is. I suspect we'd get along somewhat in person (while we argued about why I am right, lol).

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Y2K

I wonder how many bought portable generators that didn't watch these liars?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Was just curious...

Don't share that with most Charismatics, though; they will tell you (when they know who he was and the advanced skill level he managed to reach) that Uyeshiba was demon possessed, lol

As for the rest of your post; we differ. It is what it is. I suspect we'd get along somewhat in person (while we argued about why I am right, lol).
I first read your post as saying that "I suspect we'd get along somewhat in prison !!!

Yikes !!!

I am similar to charismatic Christianity in that sometimes I often babble intelligently toward others and barely even understand myself even though I wouldn't admit it.

There was a TOL post awhile back of two posters who got together to share a meal and some conversation. There are a lot of folks here that I would love to get together personally and share a meal and a beer with. And you're one of them, dude.

I would really like to share a beer and some relaxation with republicanchick. But perhaps she would be way too young. But my old heart has a high regard for her in her struggles. I just wish she could be a lot nicer online.

I may be wrong, but I believe she must have grown up in one hell of a family.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I used to be on Peter Popoff's mailing list. I loved it. Every month there would be some free item enclosed to help with my spiritual growth and put guilt feelings inside me that I should "donate" to him and his ministries because they gave me free stuff.

musterion

T'Boo Ted Marshall, are you with us tonight?

Yes, indeed, Reverend! But how can God help my problem?

T'Boo Ted is a...heh...compulsive gambler.

T'Boo Ted, the first you gotta do is expose that problem!

Excuse me?

If you can't expose that problem, at least to your family, it grows and grows, and becomes an even bigger problem!

That's true!

He's been a compulsive gambler for 20 years.

Because you've had this affliction for more than 20 years, I think you should expose that problem to us...right here...tonight. I want you to do it. The good Lord wants you to do it!

You really think so?

I know so. Do it! Do it now!

Well, if you say so...

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
"We've seen midgets grow!"

There's a lot of "ShamalamadingdongYabbadabbadoo" going on but you'll hear it in there somewhere.

With all due respect to you and your mockery of other Christian denominations TOL Super Moderator Poly, I would like to add some entertainment to the thread.

Remove the word "Dog" and replace it with "Church".