The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Lon

I care not about being respected by fools who are blinded by man made traditions.
I went to hit the 'report' button because this is an act of desperation and vitriol rather than respectful engagement. Worse? It falls to the door of all Trinitarians and thus, is trolling and against my (in particular) 'careful' explanation of scripture. Clearly, nobody is blinded. Clearly the Apostle Paul called Jesus God. You are remiss for a substantial rebuttal and it MUST be hefty to overturn what I believe is crystal clear in scripture.
"Fools?" Your own family members are triune, Keypurr! :doh:

Instead of 'report' look at your response. You are losing and you know it. The good news? You'll be more 'biblical' for coming through the other end of this and you NEED to be more biblical. A report would just give you excuse to be a bitter unbiblical 'justified' heretic. 2 Corinthians 5:20

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Keypurr, throughout the OT God's prophets say, "Thus saith the LORD."

Yet NOT ONCE do we see that in the NT. Instead, we see Jesus saying, "I say unto you."

Spoiler

“Follow Me” 19x Mt. 4:19; 8:22; 10:38; 16:24; 19:21; Mk. 1:17; 2:14; 8:34; 10:21; Lk. 5:27; 9:59; 18:22; Jn. 1:43; 8:12; 10:27; 12:26; 13:36; 21:19, 22

Pray and act “in My name” 18xMt. 7:22; 18:5; 18:20; [24:5]; Mk. 9:37, 39, 41; [13:6]; Lk. 9:48; [21:8]; 24:47; Jn. 14:13?14; 15:16; 16:23?24, 26; Acts 9:15

“the Holy Spirit” comes “in My name” Jn. 14:26

“for My name’s sake” leave family and property Mt. 19:29; or even be killed 5xMt. 24:9; [Lk. 21:12, 17;] Jn. 15:21; Acts 9:16

Believe in the “name of the… Son” and “in the Son” 3x Jn. 3:18, 36; 9:35 and “in Him [Jesus]” 4x Jn. 3:18; 6:29, 40; 8:31

“believe in Me” 14x Mt. 18:6; Mk. 9:42; Jn. 3:15?16, 18; 6:35, 47; 7:38; 11:25, 26; 12:44, 46; 14:1, 12; 16:8; 17:20

You “are sanctified by faith in Me” Acts 26:18

Live “in Me” Jn. 11:26

“come after Me” Mk. 8:34; Lk. 14:27

Abide “in Me” Jn. 15:2, 4:5, 7 “abide in Me” or else Jn. 15:6 “abide in My love” Jn. 15:9?10

“where two or three are gathered,” Jesus is “there in the midst of them” Mt. 18:20

So too: “I [Jesus, will abide] in you” Jn. 15:4?5

“know that I am He” Jn. 8:28 or “if you do not believe that I am He you will die in your sins” Jn. 8:24

Do things “for My sake” Mt. 10:22, 39; even lose your life “for My sake” 4xMt. 16:25; Mk. 8:35; 10:29; Lk. 6:22

“I never knew you, depart from Me” Mt. 7:23

“I am willing; be cleansed” Mt. 8:3; Mk.. 1:41

”confess Me” Mt. 10:32; Lk. 12:8

Do not deny “Me” 7x Mt. 10:33; 26:34; Mk. 14:30, 72; Lk. 12:9; 22:34; Jn. 13:38

Do not be “ashamed of Me” Mk. 8:38; Lk. 9:26 nor "My words"

“love Me” 5x Jn. 14:15, 21, 23?24, 28

Do not reject “Me” Lk. 10:16; Jn. 12:48

“He who is not with Me is against Me” Lk. 11:23

Love Me “more than” your family members Mt. 10:37; [Lk. 14:26]

“I… have loved you” Jn. 15:9, 12

Be “worthy of Me” Mt. 10:37?38

“Come to Me” 5x Mt. 11:28; Lk. 6:47; Jn. 5:40; 6:35; 7:37

“I will give you rest” Mt. 11:28

“For My yoke is easy and My burden is light” Mt. 11:30

I am “greater than the temple” “than Jonah” “than Solomon” Mt. 12:6, 41?42

I am “Lord even of the Sabbath” Mt. 12:8; Mk. 2:28; Lk. 6:5 [Lord of God's Ten Commandments]

Thus He says keep “My commandments” 4x Jn. 14:15, 21; 15:10, 12

“You are My friends if you do whatever I command you” Jn. 15:14

“keep My word” Jn. 14:23?24

“He who is not with Me is against Me” Mt. 12:30

The angels are “His angels” Mt. 13:41; 16:27 and He commands “His angels” Mt. 24:31; Mk. 13:27

The kingdom is “His kingdom” Mt. 13:41 and He calls it “My kingdom” Lk. 22:30

Jesus called it “My church” Mt. 16:18 and believers are “My sheep” Jn. 10:14, 27 and they are “His elect” Mt. 24:31; Mk. 13:27

Paul is a “vessel of Mine to bear My name” Acts 9:15

“all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine” Jn. 17:10

“My peace I give” Jn. 14:27 ”in Me you may have peace” Jn. 16:33

“My joy” should fill you Jn. 15:11

“Who do men say that I am?” Mt. 16:13; Mk. 8:27 “who do you say that I am?” Mt. 16:15

Receive “Me” Mt. 18:5; Mk. 9:37; Lk. 9:48

Heaven and earth will pass away but “My words” will never Mt. [5:18] 24:35; Mk. 13:31; Lk. 21:33

Tell others about Jesus Mk. 5:19

“you belong to Christ” Mk. 9:41

Hear “My sayings” and do them Lk. 6:47

Jesus has “His own glory” Lk. 9:26; [Jn. 2:11; 16:14] The Son is “glorified” 8x Jn. 11:4; 12:23; 13:31?32; [17:1, 5, 10 24]

“He who hears you hears Me” Lk. 10:16

Jesus expects praise, from stones if necessary 1x Lk. 19:37?40

Return “to Me” Lk. 22:32

Be “My disciple” Lk. 14:27; Jn. 8:31; 15:8 Forsake all to “be My disciple” Lk. 14:33 ”you are My disciples” Jn. 13:35

“I shall send… the [Holy] Spirit” Jn. 15:26; 16:7

The Holy Spirit “will testify of Me” Jn. 15:26

We read in John 5 and Luke 24 that “the Scriptures… testify of Me” Jn. 5:39; [Lk. 24:44]

“You [Apostles] also will bear witness [of Me] because you have been with Me” Jn. 15:27

Paul gives “testimony concerning Me” Acts 22:18; 23:11

“the Son gives life to whom He will” Jn. 5:21

“seek Me” Jn. 6:26

Serve “Me” Jn. 12:26

“all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father” Jn. 5:23

“I am the bread of life,” “of heaven,” “of God” Jn. 6: 32-33, 35, 41, [48,] 51

Just seeing Christ is reason enough to believe [Jn. 6:36] him” Jn. 6:56

Drink “My blood” and eat “My flesh” Jn. 6:53?54, 56

“I will raise him up at the last day” Jn. 6:40 for He is the resurrection

“The world… hates Me” Jn. 7:7

“I am the light of the world” Jn. 8:12; 9:5; 12:46

“I bear witness of Myself” 1x Jn. 8:13-14, 18

“know… Jesus Christ” for “eternal life” Jn. 17:3; [8:19; 10:10, 14]

“the Son makes you free” Jn. 8:36

“Abraham rejoiced to see My day” Jn. 8:56; “Before Abraham was, I AM” Jn. 8:58

Of believers, Christ said, “I know them” Jn. 10:27

“I give them eternal life” Jn. 10:28

“I am the resurrection and the life” Jn. 11:25

I “will draw all peoples to Myself” Jn. 12:32

“I will… receive you to Myself” Jn. 14:3

Be “Mine” Jn. 14:24

“I am the vine” Jn. 15:5

“without Me you can do nothing” Jn. 15:5

“You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you” Jn. 15:16

Those who oppress Christians are “persecuting Me” Acts 9:4?5; 22:7?8; 26:14?15
“because they have not known… Me” Jn. 16:3

The Spirit “will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it” Jn. 16:14

“All things that the Father has are Mine” Jn. 16:15

“the Father… loves you, because you have loved Me” Jn. 16:27

“If I will that he remain” Jn. 21:22

“I have overcome the world” Jn. 16:33

“I am the way” Jn. 14:6

“I am… the truth” Jn. 14:6

“I am… the life” Jn. 14:6

“I will… manifest Myself” Jn. 14:21

Jesus was either a blasphemer, or He was God Himself. There are no other possibilities.
OT LORD is the Father speaking through his agents.

NT is the son the Father sent speaking what his Father tells him to speak.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
You didn't read what I said, did you?

Allow me to repeat:

Jesus is either a blasphemer, or He is God Himself. THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE.

EITHER He blasphemed God throughout the entire NT, OR He's God Himself, come as a man, and you should repent for your blasphemy.
No response, Keypurr?

popsthebuilder

Christ was born in a manger. :chew:

Luke 2:10-17 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. 12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. 13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, 14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. 15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us. 16 And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger. 17 And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.​
I was speaking about this time; now; not 2000 some ought years ago, when He was the man Jesus.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

My point is that Jesus Christ is always the same....our Lord God and Saviour.
So He want born, the first born, first fruits, man or the son of GOD, or GOD manifest in flesh?

He was always GOD almighty?

What about the scripture that clearly shows He was not GOD almighty?

Must we believe Jesus was GOD almighty to be saved?

Or that Christ was manifest in the flesh and raised again?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So He want born, the first born, first fruits, man or the son of GOD, or GOD manifest in flesh?

The answer to your question is a resounding yes. We must believe that He is God Almighty. The Scriptures show without a doubt that Jesus is God. The only ones who do not believe are those who twist the Scriptures. The Gospel of John Chapter 1 Verses 1-18 prove that Jesus is God. Take it for Gospel truth or reject it. In doing so you accept or reject eternal life through Him.

glorydaz

In the beginning He was God.

He was God when He became flesh. He was God when He went to the cross to die for the sins of the world. He was God when He rose from the dead. He will always be God.

The scripture you think shows He was NOT God, are the scripture that speaks of His humanity. You have been told this hundreds of times. I can't make you see what is evident. He NEVER stopped being God. God doesn't stop being Divine just because He adds humanity to His Deity.

Yes, if you do not acknowledge Jesus Christ is the ONE LORD GOD, you cannot be saved.

The Lord our God is ONE LORD. Always has been, always will be.

popsthebuilder

In the beginning He was God.

He was God when He became flesh. He was God when He went to the cross to die for the sins of the world. He was God when He rose from the dead. He will always be God.

The scripture you think shows He was NOT God, are the scripture that speaks of His humanity. You have been told this hundreds of times. I can't make you see what is evident. He NEVER stopped being God. God doesn't stop being Divine just because He adds humanity to His Deity.

Yes, if you do not acknowledge Jesus Christ is the ONE LORD GOD, you cannot be saved.

The Lord our God is ONE LORD. Always has been, always will be.
Okay; let's talk about His humanity which kept him from knowing all and caused Him to pray to the FATHER in earnest.

Let's talk about how according to your seeming doctrine He was both all knowing and not all knowing at the same time. Let's talk about how, according to your seeming doctrine He was the utter embodiment of father, son, and Holy Ghost; three separate beings, making up 300% being within one temporal vessel; and yet was still,seemingly, not all knowing and too wholly and utterly unto death. Then let's talk about how GOD almighty cannot die. Then once you get through explaining all that, you can explain why; according to your seeming doctrine; GOD had to die, and be a blood sacrifice to HIMSELF, and how that saves us.

Thanks; I look forward to it.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Okay; let's talk about His humanity which kept him from knowing all and caused Him to pray to the FATHER in earnest.
John 2:24-25 New International Version (NIV)

24 But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people. 25 He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Verses that show the omniscience of Jesus;

John 1:48

Nathanael said to Him, "How do You know me?" Jesus answered and said to him, "Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you."

John 13:11

For He knew the one who was betraying Him; for this reason He said, "Not all of you are clean."

John 16:30

"Now we know that You know all things, and have no need for anyone to question You; by this we believe that You came from God."

John 21:17

He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You " Jesus said to him, "Tend My sheep.

Matthew 11:27

"All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

Matthew 22:18

But Jesus perceived their malice, and said, "Why are you testing Me, you hypocrites?

Matthew 12:25

And knowing their thoughts Jesus said to them, "Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself will not stand.

Luke 6:8

But He knew what they were thinking, and He said to the man with the withered hand, "Get up and come forward!" And he got up and came forward.

Revelation 2:23

'And I will kill her children with pestilence, and all the churches will know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts; and I will give to each one of you according to your deeds.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Verses that show the omniscience of Jesus;

John 1:48

Nathanael said to Him, "How do You know me?" Jesus answered and said to him, "Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you."

John 13:11

For He knew the one who was betraying Him; for this reason He said, "Not all of you are clean."

John 16:30

"Now we know that You know all things, and have no need for anyone to question You; by this we believe that You came from God."

John 21:17

He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You " Jesus said to him, "Tend My sheep.

Matthew 11:27

"All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

Matthew 22:18

But Jesus perceived their malice, and said, "Why are you testing Me, you hypocrites?

Matthew 12:25

And knowing their thoughts Jesus said to them, "Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself will not stand.

Luke 6:8

But He knew what they were thinking, and He said to the man with the withered hand, "Get up and come forward!" And he got up and came forward.

Revelation 2:23

'And I will kill her children with pestilence, and all the churches will know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts; and I will give to each one of you according to your deeds.

Why is the Trinity denied by so many so called religions?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why is the Trinity denied by so many so called religions?
The Son who was a man claims to be God.

John 1:1 New International Version (NIV)The Word Became Flesh
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 New International Version (NIV)

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Scripture showing the Trinity. Biblestudytools.com

1 Corinthians 8:6

6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.
2 Corinthians 3:17

17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 13:14

14 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
Colossians 2:9

9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,
Isaiah 9:6

6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 44:6

6 “This is what the LORD says— Israel’s King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.
John 1:14

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
John 10:30

30 I and the Father are one.”
Luke 1:35

35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.
Matthew 1:23

23 “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”).
Matthew 28:19

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Matthew 3:16-17

16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
John 14:16-17

16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.
Romans 14:17-18

17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18 because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval.
Luke 3:21-22

21 When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”
Genesis 1:1-2

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
1 John 5:7-8

7 For there are three that testify: 8 the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.
1 Peter 1:1-2

1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To God’s elect, exiles scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia, 2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.
2 Corinthians 1:21-22

21 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
1 Corinthians 12:4-6

4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.
Ephesians 4:4-6

4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
Colossians 1:15-17

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
John 14:9-11

9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.
Philippians 2:5-8

5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; 7 rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross!
John 10:30-36

30 I and the Father are one.” 31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?” 33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.” 34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods” ’? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That easy , Trinity is a word that Man (Roman Catholic Church) made . Show me the word Trinity anywhere old and new testaments... Tell me where.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

In one verse;

Matthew 28:19 New International Version (NIV)

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Name of singular, Who? three, Father, Son and Holy Spirit

Bee1

In one verse;

Matthew 28:19 New International Version (NIV)

Name of singular, Who? three, Father, Son and Holy Spirit
Where is the word Trinity? You making up a word the means three but your interpretation,
I don't thing GOD would appreciate that you are adding words to scripture. Now a hundred years from now (if we are still around, Trinity will be in the Bible and someone would be defending it saying it God's word , when in actuality it is another made-up word from Man .
Did you know that the word God is another made up name Originally God true name was in the Bible but someone decided that his name was to heavenly for mere mortals to udder , so someone (Jews) said hey we will use the name God instead . What you call scripture has been changed and re-written so many times that I could that most of it does not evenly relate to the oriental text and meaning . You will find the Flood story in a lot of pre-christen text back thousand of years before . Also virgin birth and many other similarities.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk