The Trinity

• Total voters

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus is not divided and he did not give two opposing gospels.

See, the two gospels that he taught at two different times don't oppose each other. They compliment each other.

Jesus also is not three separate Persons.

No one here has said that. Ever. Where do you even get these outrageous accusations?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
There is no scripture to support what?
There is no scripture that directly says Paul was water baptised.

Yes, he was a Jew, and it's very likely he was baptized at some point. But as far as I'm aware, no scripture actually says that he was.

GT making the claim that he was is adding to scripture, and is wrong.
Paul says to be water baptized is how I understood it.
That is the erroneous conclusion that GT makes based on her assumption that Paul was baptised, and assuming that scripture supports her position when it doesnt.

drbrumley

Yes, he was a Jew, and it's very likely he was baptized at some point. But as far as I'm aware, no scripture actually says that he was.

GT making the claim that he was is adding to scripture, and is wrong.That is the erroneous conclusion that GT makes based on her assumption that Paul was baptised, and assuming that scripture supports her position when it doesnt.

Oh, I understand...and mostly agree....I will say Paul was baptized by Ananias. I have no reason to doubt he wasn't.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

GT making the claim that he was is adding to scripture, and is wrong.That is the erroneous conclusion that GT makes based on her assumption that Paul was baptised, and assuming that scripture supports her position when it doesnt.
Acts 9:17-19 Amplified Bible (AMP)

17 So Ananias left and entered the house, and he laid his hands on Saul and said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came [to Damascus], has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit [in order to proclaim Christ to both Jews and Gentiles].” 18 Immediately something like scales fell from Saul’s eyes, and he regained his sight. Then he got up and was baptized; 19 and he took some food and was strengthened.

Now, does it mean baptized with water or the Spirit?

God's Truth

See, the two gospels that he taught at two different times don't oppose each other. They compliment each other.

They oppose it each other. You go against me for saying to obey Jesus' teachings from when he walked the earth. That is serious opposition.

No one here has said that. Ever. Where do you even get these outrageous accusations?

I asked who is the LORD and I was told it was the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Instead of just 'Father', or 'Jesus'.

God's Truth

Word of advice GodsTruth. There are many things in scripture we do not understand....the concept of God being 3 in 1 is easily the most controversial.

As I said before, “Try to define the Trinity and you’ll lose your mind. Deny it and you’ll lose your soul.”

Thanks, drbrumley, but I do think it is understandable. I was trying to get the trinitarians here to say what they believe about who the 'LORD' is in the scriptures. They are trying hard to not answer plainly.

God's Truth

Of course Paul was water baptized; he even baptized people.

Now be an imitator of Paul and get water baptized.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Of course Paul was water baptized; he even baptized people.

Now be an imitator of Paul and get water baptized.
And yet, when the issue of baptism was brought up, Paul said he could pretty much count on two hands the number of people he baptised, and this was well into his ministry, over twenty years after Christ's ascension.

He even thanks God that he didn't baptise the people he's writing to except for two people and another person's family.

You would think, that if baptism was required for salvation, that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE PEOPLE he converted to Christianity would have been baptised by him or that he would have known about their baptism.

He even says, "I was not sent to baptize, but to preach the gospel."

I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius,lest anyone should say that I had baptized in my own name.Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas. Besides, I do not know whether I baptized any other.For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect. - 1 Corinthians 1:14-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians1:14-17&version=NKJV

Right Divider

Body part