The Three Requirements for Salvation

OCTOBER23

I RESPECT ROBERT PATE

Because he is a Strong Believer in the Truth that he has found.

Unfortunately , some people have not found that same truth.

OCTOBER23

CRUCIFORM CANNOT BE A SINNER BECAUSE HE HAS PAID

A LOT OF MONEY TO THE CATHOLIC CHURCH FOR INDULGENCES.

So, he can skip Perogitory and go straight to Hell.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I RESPECT ROBERT PATE

Because he is a Strong Believer in the Truth that he has found.

Unfortunately , some people have not found that same truth.

You don't seem to be following all his threads.

I got that impression when I was new here too.

I gave him many reps.

not any more.

Robert Pate

Banned
CRUCIFORM CANNOT BE A SINNER BECAUSE HE HAS PAID

A LOT OF MONEY TO THE CATHOLIC CHURCH FOR INDULGENCES.

So, he can skip Perogitory and go straight to Hell.

I know of a widow that payed a Catholic priest $20,000 to pray her dead husband out of pergatory.

heir

TOL Subscriber
So heir,

What do you do with these?

Phil. 2:1-12

2 Peter 1:4-11
I believe every word in my KJB.

Cause I'm pretty sure if it's is my bible I'm supposed to read it and apply it to my life and perspective and worldview and the way I treat others.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable...(2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV). It means what it says, as it says it and to whom it says it. It's all written FOR our learning (Romans 15:4 KJV), but it's not ALL written TO us or about us. The Lord in M, M, L and John was sent, but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matthew 15:24 KJV) as a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers (Romans 15:8 KJV). And the 12, commanded to go not in the way of the Gentiles (Matthew 10:5-6 KJV). We Gentiles at that time were without hope and without God in the world (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV).

Paul is the chosen vessel of the Lord, the apostle of the Gentiles (Romans 11:13 KJV) committed the dispensation of the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV) and later, the dispensation of the grace of God to us-ward (Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV). We follow him in doctrine (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:2 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV). We build on a wise master builder's foundation (assuming you're saved 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV), not on Peter, James or even John.

Will you reply to the questions I asked you?

heir

TOL Subscriber
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9 NKJV)​
Forgiveness is based on us acknowledging our sins and turning from them.
1 John 1:9 KJV has NOTHING to do with anyone today! And your religious hijacking of it's meaning is WAY OFF! Why don't you believe you are forgiven all trespasses?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Did Jesus preach the gospel of the kingdom?
Yes. And assuming you are going to go where you usually do with my reply: the "gospel of the kingdom" is not "the gospel of Christ".

The gospel of Christ is the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV). It is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV and to satisfy tet in case he's around: no longer to the Jew first and also to the Greek, but a due time message (Acts 20:24 KJV, Acts 22:21 KJV) to all men (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV, Titus 2:11 KJV), including the likes of you and me (Ephesians 2:11-13 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV)! No trusting the Lord believing the gospel of Christ, no salvation (2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV).

Krsto

There are three requirements for salvation, without them no one can be saved.

1. FAITH.

Not faith in a doctrine or in a religion. Saving faith is always faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

Faith in a doctrine - faith that requires affirmation in a doctrine. Not much difference, really.
What you believe about Jesus could determine where you will spend eternity.

Salvation by knowledge. Gnosticism, IOW. One of the great heresies of their day.
Jesus said, "Unless you believe that I am "HE" You will die in your sins" John 8:24. What Jesus meant by this is that unless you believe that I am God you will die in your sins.

Why not just read it in context and see to what he was referring: 8:12 "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." In vs. 24 he's talking directly to those who reject him, after first hearing his words and seeing his deeds. He's not talking about people who have never heard him. He isn't condemning them any more than he's condemning the woman caught in adultery in vs. 1-11.
Only God can turn water into wine. Only God can heal the sick, feed 5000, raise the dead, walk on water and do a multitude of other miracles.

Peter walked on water. Any man can do these things if God gives him the ability.
It is not possible to have saving faith in a man.

It is possible, if God ordains it, but Jesus was more than "just a man".
Jesus was not just a man, he was the Godman,

He was a man in whom God dwelt, as the scriptures clearly say. 2 Cor. 5:19
and he is able to save to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25.

Ability to save has nothing to do with his intrinsic nature, but everything to do with him being delegated that ability by God, as per his own testimony. "I can do NOTHING of myself".
Faith in the work and person of Jesus Christ is imperative to the salvation of ones soul.

Depends on what you mean by salvation. Your concept is flawed to begin with. Salvation for the Jews meant salvation from Roman tyranny. Jesus disappointed them by giving them salvation from their own sins by turning their hearts toward God and shedding the Holy Spirit on them to give them power to live in God's Kingdom where there is "righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit", and the Fruits of the Spirit, instead of sin, brokenness, sadness, and all the other effects of sin. The salvation and Gospel Jesus preached had little to do with the afterlife, except of course a wicked person who might otherwise end up in the grave with no resurrection to life was given a powerful symbol of God's forgiveness in the crucifixion which gave wicked people faith to know God would forgive even them if they just turn from their wicked ways. "Repent, for the Kingdom of God is at hand" was not an ultimatum, but an invitation for sinners to experience the cleansing of the soul and being made into the image of Christ who was the image of God. THIS is the good news, not some contrived legal theory of sin and propitiation, which misses the whole point of the lamb sacrifice, making it into the same pagan ceremony from which God borrowed some typology for his own teaching purposes.

[/QUOTE]

Robert Pate

Banned
Faith in a doctrine - faith that requires affirmation in a doctrine. Not much difference, really.

Salvation by knowledge. Gnosticism, IOW. One of the great heresies of their day.

Why not just read it in context and see to what he was referring: 8:12 "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." In vs. 24 he's talking directly to those who reject him, after first hearing his words and seeing his deeds. He's not talking about people who have never heard him. He isn't condemning them any more than he's condemning the woman caught in adultery in vs. 1-11.

Peter walked on water. Any man can do these things if God gives him the ability.

It is possible, if God ordains it, but Jesus was more than "just a man".

He was a man in whom God dwelt, as the scriptures clearly say. 2 Cor. 5:19

Ability to save has nothing to do with his intrinsic nature, but everything to do with him being delegated that ability by God, as per his own testimony. "I can do NOTHING of myself".

Depends on what you mean by salvation. Your concept is flawed to begin with. Salvation for the Jews meant salvation from Roman tyranny. Jesus disappointed them by giving them salvation from their own sins by turning their hearts toward God and shedding the Holy Spirit on them to give them power to live in God's Kingdom where there is "righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit", and the Fruits of the Spirit, instead of sin, brokenness, sadness, and all the other effects of sin. The salvation and Gospel Jesus preached had little to do with the afterlife, except of course a wicked person who might otherwise end up in the grave with no resurrection to life was given a powerful symbol of God's forgiveness in the crucifixion which gave wicked people faith to know God would forgive even them if they just turn from their wicked ways. "Repent, for the Kingdom of God is at hand" was not an ultimatum, but an invitation for sinners to experience the cleansing of the soul and being made into the image of Christ who was the image of God. THIS is the good news, not some contrived legal theory of sin and propitiation, which misses the whole point of the lamb sacrifice, making it into the same pagan ceremony from which God borrowed some typology for his own teaching purposes.
[/QUOTE]

Anyone can pick apart anothers beliefs, which you apparently enjoy doing.

What I have said in the opening post stands. I retract nothing. All you have done is elaborate upon what I have already said.

Salvation in the New Testament means deliverance from sin. Jesus victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and in doing so made salvation available to all who do nothing more than call upon his name, Romans 10:13. Repentance is not the Gospel, repentance is the results of the Gospel. Those who hear and believe the Gospel receive the Holy Spirit, it is the Spirit working in the life of the believer that brings repentance.