ECT The "Sending" of Jesus to Israel

SaulToPaul 2

I would be interested in any of your attempts to reconcile A: the direct and present offer of Jesus to come (immediately, it seems) with B: the distant transformation of all things.

I believe with that tension in the text, A is offering Jesus in some other form: the mission, the work of Paul 'seeking to form Christ in you (plural)', the body that all unified believers dwell within, etc. 'These days' were ordained to get the blessing to all the nations on earth. Which Paul said twice was accomplished in his generation.

I believe that A shows the depth of the 'course correction' God had in mind for Israel. His effort was not going to be about them; they were going to challenged to work in his mission. Which is how things play out in Acts.

The course correction correlates with the lighted camel of Gen 24C, and therefore diverts our attention back to the illumination found in Eph 3A-D. The Messianic Enterprise must boar full steam ahead, and we mustn't turn back, like Lot's wife, to the red dirt prophecies and earthly manifestations of the reverberatory contract systems previously in place until the time of restitution and refreshing.

Right Divider

Body part
The course correction correlates with the lighted camel of Gen 24C, and therefore diverts our attention back to the illumination found in Eph 3A-D. The Messianic Enterprise must boar full steam ahead, and we mustn't turn back, like Lot's wife, to the red dirt prophecies and earthly manifestations of the reverberatory contract systems previously in place until the time of restitution and refreshing.
:french:

SaulToPaul 2

Prophecy is not a scheme of sequential things. It is the declaration that when the time to let go of the old system comes, Israel must heed that call and warning and do so. That's what makes a prophecy a prophecy. That's why your lists are morally confused and depicted a double-headed God.

:chuckle:

The first 4 feasts were FULFILLED BY THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IN SEQUENTIAL ORDER.

Why should I not expect the last 3 to be the same?

Jerry Shugart

James in Acts 15: 14-16 says "Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. 15. And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written, 16. After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down;
and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: 17. That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things."

James says nothing about Amos 9: 11-12 being about re-establishing the Old Covenant Davidic Kingdom. James says the prophets, not just Amos, but other prophets also, agree with Peter, that those OId Testament prophecies of a restoration of the of Israel, agree with Peter that God is now taking from the Gentiles a people for his name.

So, like the preterest, the Christian Zionist fails to agree with some New Testament scriptures.

James quoted from the Greek version of the OT (the Septuigant), but with a slight modification. Here are the verses from the Septuigant :

"In that day will I raise up again the tabernacle of David that is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up...That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who does all these things" (Amos 9:11-12; LXX).​

James replaced the words "in that day" with the following words:

"After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things" (Acts 15-16).​

James believed that this prophecy of Amos will not be fulfilled until after the Lord Jesus returns. And of course the mention or raising of of the tabernacle of David at Amos 9:11 is referring to re-establishing the Davidic kingdom.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
James quoted from the Greek version of the OT (the Septuigant), but with a slight modification. Here are the verses from the Septuigant :

"In that day will I raise up again the tabernacle of David that is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up...That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who does all these things" (Amos 9:11-12; LXX).​

James replaced the words "in that day" with the following words:

"After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things" (Acts 15-16).​

James believed that this prophecy of Amos will not be fulfilled until after the Lord Jesus returns. And of course the mention or raising of of the tabernacle of David at Amos 9:11 is referring to re-establishing the Davidic kingdom.

No.

The tabernacle of David was a temporary dwelling place for God, and describes God today in His Church.

The next stage is the permanent dwelling place of God after Christ returns.

There is no mention of the re-establishing of the Davidic Kingdom in the book of Revelation.

It is all about the Kingdom of God ruling over all the earth with the saints from the Heavenly Jerusalem on earth.

Dan 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

northwye

"The tabernacle of David was a temporary dwelling place for God, and describes God today in His Church."

Church is a translation of ekklesia, which Tyndale consistently translates as congregation. Ekklesia is a common noun and means meeting, assembly or congregation. The falling away of II Thessalonians 2: 3-4, the leavening of the kingdom in Luke 13: 21, the discussion of the false prophets in Matthew 24, II Peter 1-3, the parable of the tares of Matthew 13: 38-43, and the texts in I Timothy and in II Timothy like I Timothy 4: 1-2, Ii Timothy 3: 5-8 and II Timothy 4: 3-4 point to false prophets teaching false doctrines in the church, so that it is not entirely the Body of Christ or made up only of the elect. The elect or Body of Christ are better names than church from ekklesia.

And I Peter 5: 2-3 says "Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
3. Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock."

Interplanner

No.

The tabernacle of David was a temporary dwelling place for God, and describes God today in His Church.

The next stage is the permanent dwelling place of God after Christ returns.

There is no mention of the re-establishing of the Davidic Kingdom in the book of Revelation.

It is all about the Kingdom of God ruling over all the earth with the saints from the Heavenly Jerusalem on earth.

Dan 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

In keeping with what David 'foresaw' (Acts 2:30) the raised fallen tent is the people who believe on that same resurrection and are in Christ.

Jerry Shugart

You can say "no" until you are blue in the face but that does not change the meaning of the words of Jame's here:

"After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things"
(Acts 15-16).​

Since you have no place for the re-establishment of the Davidic kingdom in your discredited eschatology you just refuse to believe what James said! Then you have the temerity to call yourself a believer!

Danoh

You can say "no" until you are blue in the faith but that does not change the meaning of the words of Jame's here:

"After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things"
(Acts 15-16).​

Since you have no place for the re-establishment of the Davidic kingdom in your discredited eschatology you just refuse to believe what James said! Then you have the temerity to call yourself a believer!

Here ya go, Jer - just for you; enjoy :)

(In my long winded post to Epossis, and the short one to Meshak that followed)

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...east-is-not-Gods-people&p=4934267#post4934267

Jerry Shugart

In keeping with what David 'foresaw' (Acts 2:30) the raised fallen tent is the people who believe on that same resurrection and are in Christ.

Then why did James place the time of the raising of the fallen tent in the future?:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You can say "no" until you are blue in the face but that does not change the meaning of the words of Jame's here:

(Acts 15-16).​

You should learn to read the Bible correctly.

Act 15:14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
Act 15:15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
Act 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
Act 15:17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.
Act 15:18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.
Act 15:19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

You seem so full of the teachings of men which you have borrowed from them.

The return, is not speaking of Christs second coming, but is the return of Gods presence which once was in the Stone Temple but left, and then returned in the Church, the living Temple of God on the day of Pentecost.

Study it out with the coming of the presence of God to fill the temple (the Lords House)in Solomons time, with the blowing of the 120 trumpets.

Prepared by Christ to receive Him who dwelt in Jesus--

Mal 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, (John)and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord,(Yhvh) whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple,(Jesus) even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

Acts 15:14-19 speaks of that time of Acts, not 2000 years later.

Rev.ch 22 gives it that the renewing of the earth who are left of the nations, is by the outpouring of the Spirit from the Throne of God in the completed New Jerusalem, not from the tabernacle of David--

Rev 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
Rev 21:11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

Rev 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
Rev 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

LA

Interplanner

JS wrote:

"After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things" (Acts 15-16).

no, he was referring to after the exile, he would rebuild the fallen tent of David. The reason it was quoted was because it was about how the nations were becoming believers.

2000-yr-futuritis is a disorder!

Right Divider

Body part
JS wrote:

"After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things" (Acts 15-16).

no, he was referring to after the exile, he would rebuild the fallen tent of David. The reason it was quoted was because it was about how the nations were becoming believers.

2000-yr-futuritis is a disorder!
Again you clearly demonstrate your unbelief.