ECT The Same Yesterday, and Today, and For Ever

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, I already told you that the Lord Jesus Himself said that He came down to the earth as Man and He was in heaven as Man before He came down to the earth. That can only mean that He was Man before He was born of Mary.
Jerry, get real.
You know as well as anyone that "man" has a different connotation depending on context.

Both GOD and angels were called "man", but it is not referring to MANKIND.

Jerry Shugart

The whole discourse is speaking of the distinction between the natural and spiritual of MANKIND, not angels or any other beings.

It is speaking of "bodies" and not "mankind."

The Lord Jesus used the term "Son of Man" to describe Himself. What meaning do you think we should put on those words?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is speaking of "bodies" and not "mankind."

The Lord Jesus used the term "Son of Man" to describe Himself. What meaning do you think we should put on those words?
Son of Adam, as Adam means mankind.
Angels are also called 'man', but no angel was a son of Adam (mankind).

Jerry Shugart

Son of Adam, as Adam means mankind.
Angels are also called 'man', but no angel was a son of Adam (mankind).

When the Lord Jesus referred to Himself as being the Son of Man what do you think He meant when He used those words?

When He said that He is the Son of God what was He telling us?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When the Lord Jesus referred to Himself as being the Son of Man what do you think He meant when He used those words?

When He said that He is the Son of God what was He telling us?
Good grief, are you serious?

Tell ya what, if you want to believe that the Son was MANKIND before He became MANKIND, you go right ahead.

Jerry Shugart

Good grief, are you serious?

Why didn't you answer my question? Is it because you are not serious?

When the Lord Jesus referred to Himself as the "Son of Man" what was He telling us about Himself?

When the Lord Jesus referred to Himself as the "Son of God" what was He telling us about Himself?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So you agree that he put on a body, as opposed to always wearing one?

Before He came to the earth He was in a body, the same body spoken of at Revelation 22:3-4.

Spirits don't have bodies, Jerry. They can appear in physical form, but they don't actually have bodies.

Then He put on

JERRY!!! THAT'S A CHANGE!!!!

JESUS CHANGED BY PUTTING ON A FLESH BODY! You just conceded the debate by saying he put on a body, because "PUTTING ON" something that you didn't have on before. . . IS A CHANGE!

Thank you for conceding the entire discussion Jerry.

/thread

a flesh and blood body when He was born of Mary. But even then it could be said that His body was the "outward" man as opposed to the "inner" man.

You've already conceded the debate.

But Jerry, you just agreed with me that "flesh" can be used as a synecdoche of man/mankind.

No, I already told you that the Lord Jesus Himself said that He came down to the earth as Man and He was in heaven as Man before He came down to the earth. That can only mean that He was Man before He was born of Mary.

Alright, let's go through this again:

ME: Can "flesh" be used as a synecdoche for man/mankind?

JERRY: YES

ME: Is Jesus the "Word" in John 1:1?

JERRY: Yes

ME: Could the word flesh in John 1:14 refer to Jesus (aka the Word) putting on a human body

JERRY: NO!

Do you see the disconnect Jerry?

So could it be that in John 1:14, "the Word became flesh" could mean He became a man?

If that is true then why would He be described as being "invisible" now?

BECAUSE HE CHANGED!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S HOW!!!!

Jerry Shugart

Like I said, He has TWO natures. In His nature as God, He is "invisible". Not in His nature as MAN.

He is in heaven now as MAN.

He is not now sitting on the throne of God so right now He is the Son of Man (Acts 7:56).

Can you not tell the difference between what He means when He says He is the Son of Man and when He says that He is the Son of God?

You might start your rightly dividing by trying to learn to separate those tho identities of His.

Jerry Shugart

Spirits don't have bodies, Jerry. They can appear in physical form, but they don't actually have bodies.

Then how are His servants going to see Him?

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads"
(Rev.22:3).

JESUS CHANGED BY PUTTING ON A FLESH BODY! You just conceded the debate by saying he put on a body, because "PUTTING ON" something that you didn't have on before. . . IS A CHANGE!

You confuse the inner man with the outward man. The inner man did not change. He came down from heaven as Man so His inner man did not change.

Do you not believe that there is an inner man and and an outward man?

It's doesn't seem like you do.

Right Divider

Body part
He is in heaven now as MAN.
No kidding. Thanks for the news flash Jerry.

He is not now sitting on the throne of God so right now He is the Son of Man (Acts 7:56).
His standing was temporary. He was about to judge Israel's unbelief (see Isaiah 3:13).... But something intervened. Guess what it was.

Can you not tell the difference between what He means when He says He is the Son of Man and when He says that He is the Son of God?
And your point?

You might start your rightly dividing by trying to learn to separate those tho identities of His.
Sure, Jerry, sure.

Jerry Shugart

.And your point?

I said that he is in heaven now as Man and He is invisible. You said that He is invisible now because He now there as God:

Like I said, He has TWO natures. In His nature as God, He is "invisible". Not in His nature as MAN.

Again, He is in heaven now as Man and He described as being invisible.

It is not difficult to understand this sine Paul tells us that eternal things cannot be seen (2 Cor.4:18).

The eternal state is the spiritual sphere and in our flesh and blood bodies we are not equipped to see things belonging in the spiritual sphere But when we put on our new spiritual bodies we will see the face of God (Rev.22:4).

DAN P

Jerry Shugart;5 Can you not tell the difference between what He means when He says He is the Son of Man and when He says that He is the Son of God? [/QUOTE said:
Hi Jerry and I have only seen the Phrase " SON of MAN " used in the 4 gospel and that speaks to Israel !!

Unless I missed it , do you have a verse ??

dan p