ECT The Same Yesterday, and Today, and For Ever

Jerry Shugart

The Scriptures reveal that the Lord Jesus has two natures--that of Man and that of God.

He was that way when He walked the earth and that way now while He is in heaven. The Scriptures also reveal that He does not change:

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever" (Heb.13:8).​

So did He take on another nature when He was made flesh? Did He go from having one nature unto having two?

If that is true then how could it be said that He is the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever?

Perhaps the following verse gives us a clue which answers that question:

"And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever" (Gen.3:22).​

Thoughts?

God's Truth

The Scriptures reveal that the Lord Jesus has two natures--that of Man and that of God.

He was that way when He walked the earth and that way now while He is in heaven. The Scriptures also reveal that He does not change:

So did He take on another nature when He was made flesh? Did He go from having one nature unto having two?

If that is true then how could it be said that He is the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever?

"And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever" (Gen.3:22).​

Thoughts?

Very good seeing this.

Jesus existed before coming to earth, and he had the same Spiritual Physical Body now as he had then---the resurrected body of the man Jesus Christ.

He is the First and the Last.

When we are resurrected, we will have a spiritual physical body as he does now.

God's Truth

She claims He had the same "resurrected" body then as He has now.

So, we see the one extreme.....

He is the same yesterday, today, and always.

The whole creation was made through Jesus.

Truth existed before coming to earth.

Jesus gave up that body and came in the flesh, then received the same glory he had before.

Jerry Shugart

So are we suppose to believe that the Lord Jesus always remained the same but when he came to the earth He added another nature?

Does that make sense to anyone?

Since we can believe that He is both God and Man now and was the same when He was born of Mary then why would we think it impossible that He has always been both Man and God? After all, He made it plain that He came to earth as the "Son of Man"and not as the "Son of God":

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of Man which is in heaven" (Jn.3:13).​

"What and if ye shall see the Son of Man ascend up where he was before?" (Jn.6:62).​

God's Truth

So are we suppose to believe that the Lord Jesus always remained the same but when he came to the earth He added another nature?

Does that make sense to anyone?

Since we can believe that He is both God and Man now and was the same when He was born of Mary then why would we think it impossible that He has always been both Man and God? After all, He made it plain that He came to earth as the "Son of Man"and not as the "Son of God":

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of Man which is in heaven" (Jn.3:13).​

"What and if ye shall see the Son of Man ascend up where he was before?" (Jn.6:62).​

What are you talking about? The Bible says Jesus is the Son of God.

Jerry Shugart

What are you talking about? The Bible says Jesus is the Son of God.

He is described as both. The point I was making was that the Lord Jesus described Himself a "Man" when He came down from heaven and not as "God." So since He came down as Man then that means that He was Man before He was born of Mary.

andyc

I'm not convinced that verse applies to His nature at all. :think:

Correct. "The name "Jesus Christ" is referring to the man. Of course the Son of God is the second person in the trinity, but when the human name of Jesus is referred to, it's talking about the man.

DAN P

Thoughts?

Hi and this what I have read , that it should be written Jesus IS Christ and Christ is the equivalent to Messiah !!

God EMPTIED and took on the LIKENESS OF MAN , Phil 2:7 !!

And that is why SATAN could not tempt Jesus !!

Only man has the OLD ADAMIC NATURE and when saved have the NEW NATURE !!

Also Christ , by definition , could have human BLOOD as God was placed into Mary , by the Holy Spirit !!

Also , our LIFE is in our BLOOD and God is eternal 11

dan p

glorydaz

Correct. "The name "Jesus Christ" is referring to the man. Of course the Son of God is the second person in the trinity, but when the human name of Jesus is referred to, it's talking about the man.

Rather Jesus Christ is alway the same, whether He was creating all things, or dying on the Cross.

He is Lord of Lord and King of Kings from the first to the last.
He preached the Gospel to Abraham before He came in the flesh, and preached it to the lost sheep of Israel, while in the flesh.

His compassions they fail not...

Lamentations 3:22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. 24 The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. 25 The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.​

andyc

Rather Jesus Christ is alway the same, whether He was creating all things, or dying on the Cross.

He is Lord of Lord and King of Kings from the first to the last.
He preached the Gospel to Abraham before He came in the flesh, and preached it to the lost sheep of Israel, while in the flesh.

His compassions they fail not...
Lamentations 3:22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. 24 The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. 25 The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.​

The thing is, when scripture refers to Jesus, it's referring to the man. The name "Jesus" was given by Mary and Joseph as a result of instruction by an angel. The "Son of God" is a later revelation accepted by nothing other than faith.

glorydaz

The thing is, when scripture refers to Jesus, it's referring to the man. The name "Jesus" was given by Mary and Joseph as a result of instruction by an angel. The "Son of God" is a later revelation accepted by nothing other than faith.

So, God created all things by a man?

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:​

Hebrews is actually confirming that Jesus Christ is the LORD. He will never change....neither leave nor forsake them. They need never fear what man shall do to them. Context is everything.

Heb. 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

andyc

So, God created all things by a man?
Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:​

You can't know the eternal identity of Christ outside of faith, which is why it's hidden. If it wasn't, there wouldn't be the need for faith, would there?

Mat 16:13-16​

God's Truth

He is described as both. The point I was making was that the Lord Jesus described Himself a "Man" when He came down from heaven and not as "God." So since He came down as Man then that means that He was Man before He was born of Mary.

He had the resurrected body of the man Jesus in heaven before he came to earth.

It is good of you to think of these things.

Steko and glordazed know that I have posted here about that many times, and they are against it.

glorydaz

You can't know the eternal identity of Christ outside of faith, which is why it's hidden. If it wasn't, there wouldn't be the need for faith, would there?

Mat 16:13-16​

I'm talking about the out in the open statement about Jesus Christ.....all things created by Jesus Christ.

Jerry Shugart

So according to you He had only one nature before being made flesh and then He added another nature when He was born of Mary and yet He didn't change?

God's Truth

I never said that.

But you are questioning Jesus being the same.

Jesus is the same as he was before coming to earth.

This has happened before with you.

You question things and bring up things that most people do not, but then you don't go any further in the truth for some reason.