The Religion of Blinding Bluster

Hoping

Banned
God also said this:
Exodus 22:18
Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Be wise. Study the Bible more but ask God for wisdom before you begin.
Yes, He did say that.
It was just one of the commandments ignored by the Israelites that got them their expulsion from their lands.
I'll bet the witches of today are glad the OT Law is no longer the law of the land.

marke

I have yet to see anyone petitioning to remove a statue of Washington.
Only of the confederate defenders of slavery.
Trying to have statues of famous Americans removed creates division in America and those forcing their modern views against long-held traditions should expect eruptions among the citizens. Wiser and more considerate individuals will not be so bold as to suggest the destruction of traditions and values held by Americans for decades or even hundreds of years.

A Chicago-area pastor has requested that Washington and Jackson Park be renamed, and that statues of the two former presidents be removed. In response, he has received death threats, he says.

Rev. James Dukes says that the number of hate messages he has received since making his proposal has surpasssed hundreds, but he says that he just wants to respect the suffering of those in his community.

"We can have public hearings and the public can engage my only fear is if that happens others from around the country will come and we surely don't want another Charlottesville in Chicago!," he said.

His recommendation comes in the aftermath of violent protests in Charlottesville, VA over the removal of a Robert E. Lee statue.

Last edited:

marke

Bible-believing Christians find comfort in all the Scriptures, not just a handful of select verses badly interpreted. What born-again Christian cannot identify with David as he pours out his heart to God in Psalm 38?

1 O Lord, rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.

2 For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore.

3 There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin.

4 For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me.

5 My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness.

6 I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long.

7 For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundness in my flesh.

8 I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart.

9 Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee.

10 My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me.

11 My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off.

12 They also that seek after my life lay snares for me: and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long.

13 But I, as a deaf man, heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth.

14 Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs.

15 For in thee, O Lord, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.

16 For I said, Hear me, lest otherwise they should rejoice over me: when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me.

17 For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me.

18 For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my si
n.

marke

Yes, He did say that.
It was just one of the commandments ignored by the Israelites that got them their expulsion from their lands.
I'll bet the witches of today are glad the OT Law is no longer the law of the land.
Hillary should thank God He allows witches to live on earth in modern times, for a short period.

marke

Clearly you've never been ice fishing

Clearly you've never dragged yourself out of bed Monday morning to go to work after a long weekend of boozy ice fishing
I grew up in Texas and gave up drinking at the age of 19 after I got saved, so yes, I never experienced the sad state of moral decay you mention.

marke

So you defend unborn babies to assuage your own interests?

All killings are murder.

Not at all.
The deaths of the haters of God were brought upon themselves.
Kinda like "suicide by cop".

Leftists and weenies don't care about the poor victims of brutal murderers, they feel sorry for the murderers instead. No wonder the murder rate in America is skyrocketing.

Arizona death row inmate executed for 1984 murder of 8-year-old girl​

Vicki Lynne Hoskinson's mother said 'today marks final justice for our daughter'​

An Arizona man convicted of kidnapping and murdering an 8-year-old girl in 1984 was put to death on Wednesday, the second death row inmate that the state has executed since restarting capital punishment earlier this year.

0507aa08-46d3-4084-bb89-9d30086f38f7-vicki.jpg

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Bible-believing Christians can rely on the Scriptures for correction, instruction, and comfort. If you are sick - pray. If you confess your sins - they shall be forgiven, and so forth.

James 5:14-16
King James Version

14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.​

That was only for Israel, and only for a short period of time. Try it today, it won't work, because that's part of a different dispensation.

Also James:

James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings. - James 1:1 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James1:1&version=NKJV

You are not part of the twelve tribes scattered abroad. Thus, what He said is not addressed to you.

Jenkins

The inclination to do evil exists in all of us. And in all expressions of politics, commerce, and religiosity. And I think it's important to try and recognize how this occurs.
Recognizing sin does not enable people to effectively try to stop its occurrence. Sin only stops when a person becomes Born Again through Faith in Jesus. Then, the inclination to sin is taken away by the Spirit of God.

"We are saved by the washing of regeneration, and the renewing of the Holy Spirit."

Jenkins

That was only for Israel, and only for a short period of time. Try it today, it won't work, because that's part of a different dispensation.

Also James:

James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings. - James 1:1 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James1:1&version=NKJV

You are not part of the twelve tribes scattered abroad. Thus, what He said is not addressed to you.
Yes, many self professed Christians refuse correction with the Word of God in Scripture.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So you defend unborn babies to assuage your own interests?

I defend life, because abortion is wrong because it's a baby and it's always wrong to intentionally kill a baby and that's because children are made in God's image and God said, "Do not kill the innocent."

All killings are murder.

False. For example: Killing someone who is desperately trying to kill you is not murder.

And the Bible makes the distinction between "kill" and "murder."

Not at all.
The deaths of the haters of God were brought upon themselves.
Kinda like "suicide by cop".

That's a very twisted way of looking at things.

Not surprising coming from someone who claims to be perfect.

But no, God says to execute those who are convicted of capital crimes. Execute. Put to death. Cut off. Kill.

God also said:

“Whoever sheds man’s blood, By man his blood shall be shed; For in the image of God He made man. - Genesis 9:6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis9:6&version=NKJV

God did not contradict Himself when He commanded "you shall not murder," and then commanded that murderers be put to death, because "kill" and "murder", while both are the taking of a life, one is justified, the other is not.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If your not defending the unborn because murdering them is a sin, why do you?

Bait and switch.

It is idolatry.

False.

"My value is more than your value !"

Nope.

Rather, under normal, everyday circumstances:

You have the right to life.
I have the right to life.
I also (along with you) have the right to defend my life up to and including killing my attacker.

If you attack me, intending to take my life, I have the responsibility to do my best to stop you without taking your life. However, in order to prevent you from taking my life, if it is not possible to stop you, my attacker, without killing you, then you have at that point, forfeited your right to life, and I then have the right to take yours in order to save mine.

PureX

PureX, I noticed you didn't answer my challenge.

You said:

To which I asked a question which directly challenges that claim:

So, PureX, is it absolutely wrong for a man to rape a woman?
The answer is no. Because we don't live in a perfect world where absolutes like that can exist. In this world, there could be circumstances that warrant what we call 'rape'. It's like asking is it absolutey wrong to kill someone. In a perfect world it is always and absolutely wrong to kill someone. But in this would there are circumstances that warrant our having to do so as the lesser of two wrongs. In this world being absolutely right is often not possible. Which is why you absolutists are so out of touch with reality and so extremely absurd in your thinking. Reality is far more complicated and nuanced than you are willing to even consider. You live in a fantasy of your own blinding bluster.

PureX

God has made it plain that sex outside of marriage is wrong.
Well, a tribe of ancient Jews has made it clear that they believe se is wrong outside of marriage. You're calling them "God" is a level of false idolization that I am not willing to accept.
God has also made it plain that He gives life and little babies belong to Him.
We all belong to God. And we will all die. Some of us at the hands of others. In a perfect would this would not happen. But we don't live in a perfect world. And we are not perfect beings.
If God allows a female subject of His to get pregnant then she would be wise to take care of that life He has given her and not rebel against Him.
You are not God, so you don't get to make that determination.

PureX

I didn't miss the point. Your point is that some religious people have toxic ideas because they value righteousness over love. That's a mean accusation against those people, and you are either right or wrong about it.
You only think that because you are one of them. In the real world, no one is "either right or wrong". We are just being more or less honest and well intentioned given our inherent limitations. The fact that you don't understand this, and are going to resist even trying to understand it just exemplifies my point.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The answer is no.

Under what circumstance is it right for a man to rape a woman?

Because we don't live in a perfect world where absolutes like that can exist.

Non sequitur.

Just because we exist in a fallen world does not mean there cannot be absolute right and wrong.

In this world, there could be circumstances that warrant what we call 'rape'.

Provide one scenario where it is not wrong for a man to rape a woman.

It's like asking is it absolutely wrong to kill someone.

False.

God says do not murder. He tells governments to execute murderers.

Therefore, it is not absolutely wrong to kill.

Rape, on the other hand,

In a perfect world it is always and absolutely wrong to kill someone.

In a perfect world, there wouldn't be a need to kill anyone in self defense, or in war, or as a punishment for crime. But we don't live in a perfect world, PureX, we live in a fallen world, where putting criminals to death who have committed capital crimes is necessary.

You're conflating "kill" with "murder." As I said above: while both are the taking of a life, one is justified, the other is not.

You cannot justify murder, or rape. You CAN justify killing someone.

But in this would there are circumstances that warrant our having to do so as the lesser of two wrongs.

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

Do not do evil that good may come of it.

In this world being absolutely right is often not possible.

It's always possible to do right.

In fact, one should always do right and risk the consequences.

Which is why you absolutists are so out of touch with reality and so extremely absurd in your thinking.

Says the person who just said it was not absolutely wrong for a man to rape a woman.

Hypocrite much?

Beam, eye, remove it.

Reality is far more complicated and nuanced than you are willing to even consider. You live in a fantasy of your own blinding bluster.

Hypocrite.