ECT The Rebellion that Desolates

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaulToPaul 2

You're the literalist: how, exactly, do you cast truth to the ground, 8:12?

Daniel 11
11:36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

Interplanner

STP, re your 322:
why in the world would I talk to someone who has been here 2 years and heard complete descriptions of why mt 24A (before v29) is about 1st century Judea, and then says AFTER 2 YEARS: show me a scripture about this.

You've even written 100 cartoons or jokes about the position.

Are you pathologically trying to make yourself not worth talking to? Because you sure as hell are not. It would take so much work to make sense of you, which I can't do from the internet, that I see no point. I'm not talking about whether somethin you say is true or not, but about being worthwhile. Why would I try to use a Smith Corona word processor with its mini cassettes, when there are people who are "Surfaces" who are intelligent and have memory of what I say?

Instead of me playing 20 questions about your position, could you please write a page on Mt24A.

SaulToPaul 2

STP, re your 322:
why in the world would I talk to someone who has been here 2 years and heard complete descriptions of why mt 24A (before v29) is about 1st century Judea, and then says AFTER 2 YEARS: show me a scripture about this.

You've even written 100 cartoons or jokes about the position.

Are you pathologically trying to make yourself not worth talking to? Because you sure as hell are not. It would take so much work to make sense of you, which I can't do from the internet, that I see no point. I'm not talking about whether somethin you say is true or not, but about being worthwhile. Why would I try to use a Smith Corona word processor with its mini cassettes, when there are people who are "Surfaces" who are intelligent and have memory of what I say?

Instead of me playing 20 questions about your position, could you please write a page on Mt24A.

Just post the scripture you're referring to. Why be difficult?

SaulToPaul 2

Concerning 70ad,

Luke 21
21:12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.
21:13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony.
21:14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
21:15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
21:16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
21:17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
21:18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
21:19 In your patience possess ye your souls.
21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
21:21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
21:23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Danoh

I am unwilling to distort the details of a prophecy to retro fit it to history. It's dishonest, and an assault on the scriptures.

Thing is...you yourself distort things all the time.

Luke 21 is the same event as the end of Matthew 10 and Matthew 24.

They are all the same.

But the Mystery interrupted where all that would have ended up.

The way in which you went about solving for that so that it would make sense to you is not really that much different from IP's.

Your "because of" is different from his, but that's about it - you're both reading things into all that.

No one who does a word by word, phrase by phrase comparison of all that in those chapters would come away with "two separate events."

In this, IP's is actually the more consistent approach.

His at least matches the Scripture in that much - that all that is describing one event.

What's missing within his schematic is the Mystery's interruption of where all that would have ended up. The Mystery resulted in all that ending up two events.

But all that was describing one event; not two.

This is far from the first time you have obviously read things into a thing.

Your study approach appears to be good at the basic OT stuff...only to lose its way here and there; where the Mystery comes in to play.

But you're married to your ways, bro.

It is what it is.

Things will appear to make sense to one, absent of what has not been considered.

And conclusions based on such an error then tend to wax worse and worse, due to the false conclusion one then continues to build more of the same on, into a thing.

Next thing one knows, there is no getting through to such an individual.

The Apostle Paul was right about how that kind of thinking works, and how it tends to begin to confirm itself- from within its faulty reasoning.

2 Timothy 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. 2:17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

Off in just one little thing, those two ended up growing more and more in their false positive (where a thing only looks like, but is actually not what it appears to be).

It is what it is.

Romans 5:8.

SaulToPaul 2

Off in just one little thing, those two ended up growing more and more in their false positive (where a thing only looks like, but is actually not what it appears to be).

It is what it is.

Romans 5:8.

Is there any one thing that you could be off in? How would you know if you were?

SaulToPaul 2

Taking Daniel 9 at face value, we see that the destruction of the sanctuary and the city is BEFORE the last week even begins. This necessitates two separate events...what occurred in 70ad, and the events leading up to the LORD's return.

SaulToPaul 2

Furthermore, just because something was a mystery, does not mean that we cannot look back now and realize that God knew what he was doing, what would happen, and see how he made provisions for us today in this dispensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.