ECT The Most Misunderstood Passage in the Bible--Romans 5:12-18

God's Truth

There is no original sin, after the cross.

If you sin after being saved, then you are sinning after being saved. You still have to call it what it is. Jesus is not telling us we can sin and then lie about it.

We have to live worthy lives, we live up to what we have been given, God does not play favoritism, we have to work our our salvation and train ourselves.

That is what the Bible says.

God's Truth

There's nothing to worry about. God has planned to destroy the false prophet (Satan) and the beast that caused all men to be deceived. Those who have been "reborn" in the spirit of God according to the knowledge of Christ learn how they were created in the image of God called the Word of God. The Word of God is eternal but Satan and the beast are not.

Here's the promise to all created men for the future but not until after the day of the Lord is used to destroy the false prophet and the beast;

Jeremiah 31
31: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,
32: not like the covenant which I made with their fathers when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant which they broke, though I was their husband, says the LORD.
33: But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34: And no longer shall each man teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, `Know the LORD,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

God destroys Satan and the false prophet by His Word that tells us what to do and we do it.

God's Truth

Jude 1:12

"These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;"

Hahahaha That is about those who do not obey. Something just about everyone here goes against me for speaking.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We see the use of good and evil several times in Scripture. Here, for instance.

Isaiah 7:16 For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.​

Is this the first exercise of free will for Adam and Eve....the eating of the forbidden fruit?

Not only did Adam not have knowledge that his nakedness was shameful, but he didn't even know he was naked.

Genesis 3:9-11 KJV
(9) And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
(10) And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
(11) And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
No, because "imputation" is not about "crediting" the merits of Christ's personal righteousness "to our account." It is about being forgiven and cleansed by the blood of Christ.

I believe you are defining "Justification" which is the basis for the legal "Imputation" of Christ's righteousness.

They are connected through cause and effect.

Only because of Christ's perfect obedience unto death, are souls justified (pardoned) of their sins. Romans 5:9

As a result of this offering for sin, God has legal basis for attributing (imputing) righteousness to the justified sinner. Romans 5:19

The passage of Romans 5:12-21 is teaching both.

1 How blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, Whose sin is covered! 2 How blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity, And in whose spirit there is no deceit!…
(Psalm 32:1)

Yes, here is evidence of the two doctrines.

6just as David also speaks of the blessing of the one to whom God counts righteousness apart from works:
7“Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven,
and whose sins are covered;
8 blessed is the man against whom the Lord will not count his sin
(Romans 4:6-8)

Yes, again the two truths are revealed to be in conjunction.

The Lord does not "count" or "reckon" the sins of someone who has put their faith in Christ against them because they have been forgiven. However, this forgiveness and cleansing is ongoing
(1 John 1:7-9

It is my belief that Justification is a one-time event. Christ only died once on the cross to pardon our sins.

However, the Sanctification that comes from being attributed with Christ's righteousness, is an ongoing process of successfully conforming to His image of holiness.

Justification = Forgiveness = Once for all
Sanctification = Holy Living = Continuous

Result: A permanent salvation that cannot be undone.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When mankind was denied access to the tree of life it was destined that all men will die physically (Gen.3:22-24;Heb.9:27).
Wouldn't making the garden off limits also include not having access to the tree of knowledge?
Both trees were in the garden.
No one could eat from either of them.

Without that access, no one else could commit the sin of eating from the tree as Adam & Eve did.

Romans 5:14 KJV
(14) Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

God's Truth

God has us servants confess and repent of every single sin before he empowers us with the Holy Spirit in which we will never be deceived by the deceiving images and thoughts again.

We still have to be careful and watch ourselves, for Satan roams around like a lion waiting to devour someone.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Without a doubt Romans 5:12-18 is the most misunderstood passages of the New Testament and a false understanding of this passage provides the very foundation for the myth that Adam's spiritual death was imputed to all his descendants. Let us look first at Romans 5:12:

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned" (Ro.5:12).​

From this we can understand the following: (1) Sin entered the world when Adam sinned and that sin brought about spiritual death. (2) Adam's sin was somehow responsible for bringing spiritual death to all men. (3) This death came to all men because all have sinned.

What this verse does not tell us is exactly "how" Adam was responsible for bring death to all men.

Reverting back to your OP . . .

The answer to your question rests in the truth that Adam was created as representative and head of the entire human race. All persons born trace back to him. So when Adam sinned, his guilt was imputed to all his offspring, and the sentence for that guilt is death. Romans 6:23

You argue that men are declared guilty for their own sins, not Adam's and you are correct. All of are sinners for both reasons. First, because Adam corrupted our nature, and second because subsequently, we are all sinners.

Romans 5:14 specifically says that death reigned over all, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of Adam. . .

What was the difference between Adam's sin and the sins of all men?

It is the fact that Adam alone sinned as federal head of the human race, and the rest of mankind sins as a result of being imputed with his guilt.

This is important to see, in order for us to comprehend the federal headship and representation of righteousness provided to mankind by the last Adam, Jesus Christ. Through His righteousness and obedience, grace abounds for all those He represented in His death and resurrection.

" . . Adam, who was a type of Him who was to come. . . by the grace of the one Man Jesus Christ abounded to many." Romans 5:14b-15

"Federal Headship" is vital to understanding the necessity of the Incarnation, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ as well as why sin has reigned over all men.

God's Truth

That's already been taken care of by having the mind of Christ. I have absolutely no fear of Satan and I don't worship the beast like the inhabitants on earth do.

Right, neither do I; however, it is the Word of God.

1 Peter 5:8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Wouldn't making the garden off limits also include not having access to the tree of knowledge?
Both trees were in the garden.
No one could eat from either of them.

Without that access, no one else could commit the sin of eating from the tree as Adam & Eve did.

Romans 5:14 KJV
(14) Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Removal from the garden, and losing access to the Tree of Life, was punishment from God and the loss of everlasting life.

The offspring of Adam figuratiely continue to eat of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil to this day, only because the representative head of the human race introduced them to it in disobedience, and corrupted all.

The options were removed, and man has been serving sin, death, and the devil ever since.

Thankfully, Paul teaches in Romans 5:12-21 that Jesus Christ as the second "Adam" has freed His people from this enslavement and restored us by His grace to the promise of everlasting life through His life, Spirit, and representation.

God's Truth

The Bible doesn't protect you from Satan and the beast. That's the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that does that. Anyone can read the Bible and use it to try protect themselves until their flesh perishes.

The Bible is the Written Word of God, and doing what God says is Spirit and life.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Removal from the garden, and losing access to the Tree of Life, was punishment from God and the loss of everlasting life.
Mankind lost access to the tree of knowledge also.

The offspring of Adam figuratiely continue to eat of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil to this day,
Figuratively?
So access to both of the trees was denied to all mankind, but they can eat of them figuratively?
Wasn't much use in blocking their access if 'figuratively' can work just as well.

SaulToPaul 2

It's impossible to worship the beast and be influenced by the Devil in the spiritual realm. Unless you are reborn in the spirit of God, you will not understand the influences of the beast and the Devil have in your life.

Don't worry, the plan is to destroy the beast and the false prophet ( Devil, Satan, Lucifer, Dragon, etc.) on the day of the Lord which will happen very soon. Then you will be freed from the flesh that the Devil controls in this world.

I Corinthians 5:

1: It is actually reported that there is immorality among you, and of a kind that is not found even among pagans; for a man is living with his father's wife.
2: And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you.
3: For though absent in body I am present in spirit, and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment
4: in the name of the Lord Jesus on the man who has done such a thing. When you are assembled, and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus,
5: you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

How do you feel about the Illuminati?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Mankind lost access to the tree of knowledge also.

Figuratively?
So access to both of the trees was denied to all mankind, but they can eat of them figuratively?
Wasn't much use in blocking their access if 'figuratively' can work just as well.

The tree of Life is guarded by cherubim and a flaming sword. Genesis 3:24

And we figuratively access the Tree of Knowledge through our mental and moral corruption caused by Adam . . and held accountable by God for so doing.

God's Truth

Those of us with the mind of Christ don't need a Bible anymore. We have the word of God ( the law of God )written in our hearts. Why do you think Jesus, Peter, Timothy, Paul and the rest of God's servants didn't need to carry around the scriptures to preach the gospel of God?

All scripture is useful for preaching, teaching, and training in righteousness. It is of noble character to check the scriptures.

By the way, you are no apostle and neither am I.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The tree of Life is guarded by cherubim and a flaming sword. Genesis 3:24

And we figuratively access the Tree of Knowledge through our mental and moral corruption caused by Adam . . and held accountable by God for so doing.
If one is denied access to the tree of knowledge and still partake of it 'figuratively', then one could also take of the tree of life 'figuratively'.

Or are you claiming that there is a still a path to the tree of knowledge that was never was blocked?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's impossible to worship the beast and be influenced by the Devil in the spiritual realm.
Was not Satan and the army of angels that followed him in the spiritual realm?
How did that happen if one cannot be influenced by the Devil in the spiritual realm?