ECT The Most Misunderstood Passage in the Bible--Romans 5:12-18

glorydaz

You're under educated. And do not appreciate what a gift God has given you.

I do appreciate what God has given me, but I don't claim the fruit of the Spirit as my own. My love would never be as good as God's. My long-suffering would never be good enough. Those things don't come from my spirit. They are the result of the Holy Spirit's working in my life.

We live and are empowered by the Spirit of God yet we are not zombies that are incapable of doing acts of love. By placing the fruit of the spirit as being the fruit of the Holy Spirit you are denying that when you sin it is your flesh.

Oh, we can do acts of love, but without the love of God being shed abroad on our heart BY the Holy Spirit, those acts of love would merely be selfish acts of the flesh. And, you should ditch the zombie analogy, it's over-used and doesn't have a thing to do with who it is that produces the Fruit OF THE SPIRIT in us.

You have both my little lass, a newborn spirit and the flesh. When you sin, that's your flesh. When you're loving (unlike while reading this hehe) you're walking in your new born human spirit.

I'm not in the flesh, nor do I sin in the flesh, my little turtle dove, but I'll let you go on preaching if you're so inclined. You're going to have to do a better job, though, if you expect me to accept what you're saying.

Romans 8:9-10 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.​

glorydaz

Thanks for that.

I mean, I find it rewarding to reflect on the dynamic behind words like yours there.

I can never seem to be able to force myself to read your posts, because you're always so offended, and then start expounding on how horrible I am.

I was referring to the FACT that your post, as usual, was a bunch of nonsensical verbiage to me, and the other poster liked what you said. So, I responded with the appropriate saying.

:cigar:

glorydaz

And I can rejoice in the opportunity you have just given me - to obey the law of Christ and forgive you! Amen!

Matchless Grace - Indeed!

I love how some people "forgive" those who don't want it, and don't need it. It isn't my problem that your pride got injured once again. But, I see the way you pat yourself on the back for your obedience...just like God's unTruth always does. Which should be worth a chuckle or two.

glorydaz

I have worked with disturbed and needy children also. If you notice, I did not say that children were sinful. To be sinful you have to make choices against the witness of moral conscience. Children who lack that are not culpable. This does not mean they exhibit the fruit of the spirit including such characteristics as patience, self-control and unselfish love. Children are self-centered. They are because they did not have not experienced an ongoing consciousness of God since conception. Children experience emotions and can think and both of these attributes must be trained by their parents. If they were naturally led of the Holy Spirit this would not be necessary.

I've seen believers who don't necessarily act like they have the indwelling Spirit, either. And certainly, children can't be expected to act like grown ups do. But, I appreciate your explaining what you meant.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I do appreciate what God has given me, but I don't claim the fruit of the Spirit as my own. My love would never be as good as God's. My long-suffering would never be good enough. Those things don't come from my spirit. They are the result of the Holy Spirit's working in my life.

Oh, we can do acts of love, but without the love of God being shed abroad on our heart BY the Holy Spirit, those acts of love would merely be selfish acts of the flesh. And, you should ditch the zombie analogy, it's over-used and doesn't have a thing to do with who it is that produces the Fruit OF THE SPIRIT in us.

I'm not in the flesh, nor do I sin in the flesh, my little turtle dove, but I'll let you go on preaching if you're so inclined. You're going to have to do a better job, though, if you expect me to accept what you're saying.

Romans 8:9-10 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.​

Humble thy self woman

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

16And if I do what I do not desire, I admit that the Law is good.

17In that case, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh; for I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.…

Reactions: Lon

glorydaz

16And if I do what I do not desire, I admit that the Law is good.

17In that case, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh; for I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.…

That's what Paul says as a man under the law. I'm not under the law.

way 2 go

Physical death came because of our loss of access to the Tree of Life
spiritual & physical death came because of sin the tree would have prevented physical death

but what explains the universality of sin?
heritage.
Rom_5:12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin

The answer is that lacking union with the Spirit,
The answer is sinful flesh
1Co_15:50 I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God

the first parents could pass only the life of the body (which is physical) and soul (which is psychological).
and an alive spirit
Rom_7:9 I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin came alive and I died.

The fact that spiritual life is not transmitted via natural generation explains why all men universally need spiritual life. There are no people who having been perfect little boys and girls have grown up to be perfect adults just because the environment and genetics were just right.
we are born spiritually alive . (not with the Holy Spirit unless your John the baptist )
Rom 9:11 though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad

:think:
Enoch & Elijah