ECT The Most Expected Place to find 'a restored Israel in its land and worship system'

northwye

Quote more than Matthew 2: 20 The baby Christ was taken to Egypt to escape Herod who was having all babies his age killed. At this time Christ had not started his ministry and more important, this was before the Cross, and before the Day of Pentecost, and before the fall of Jerusalem in 70 A.D.. The land of Israel at this time was Palestine, the same as earlier under the Old Covenant.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote more than Matthew 2: 20 The baby Christ was taken to Egypt to escape Herod who was having all babies his age killed. At this time Christ had not started his ministry and more important, this was before the Cross, and before the Day of Pentecost, and before the fall of Jerusalem in 70 A.D.. The land of Israel at this time was Palestine, the same as earlier under the Old Covenant.

The land of Israel wasn't ever named Palestine until AD 130, by Emperor Hadrian.

northwye

"Quote more than Matthew 2: 20 The baby Christ was taken to Egypt to escape Herod who was having all babies his age killed. At this time Christ had not started his ministry and more important, this was before the Cross, and before the Day of Pentecost, and before the fall of Jerusalem in 70 A.D.. The land of Israel at this time was Palestine, the same as earlier under the Old Covenant."

"The land of Israel wasn't ever named Palestine until AD 130, by Emperor Hadrian."

Always quarreling on TOL. For some it looks like people here love quarreling more than exchanging information on scripture so much that they will misrepresent others. Or for the claim that because Matthew 2: 20 mentions the land of Israel, this means Old Covenant Israel still exists, the argument that the land of Israel was not called Palestine when Christ was a baby does not mean that land was not called Israel then, which is what is apparently implied. It was called the land of Israel then, no matter what it might have been called later. The subject of the quarrel does not have to be important to the issue here.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
"Quote more than Matthew 2: 20 The baby Christ was taken to Egypt to escape Herod who was having all babies his age killed. At this time Christ had not started his ministry and more important, this was before the Cross, and before the Day of Pentecost, and before the fall of Jerusalem in 70 A.D.. The land of Israel at this time was Palestine, the same as earlier under the Old Covenant."

"The land of Israel wasn't ever named Palestine until AD 130, by Emperor Hadrian."

Always quarreling on TOL. For some it looks like people here love quarreling more than exchanging information on scripture so much that they will misrepresent others. Or for the claim that because Matthew 2: 20 mentions the land of Israel, this means Old Covenant Israel still exists, the argument that the land of Israel was not called Palestine when Christ was a baby does not mean that land was not called Israel then, which is what is apparently implied. It was called the land of Israel then, no matter what it might have been called later. The subject of the quarrel does not have to be important to the issue here.

So.. to point out a fact of history is automatically a quarrel.

SaulToPaul 2

I don't know any details about why Hadrian chose that name over others, but it is etymologically related to 'philistine' and both have to do with the fertility cults that were in the area, which God wanted stopped. The word 'phallic' symbol is also related.

Oh.

SaulToPaul 2

:rotfl:

Man o man that just cracked me up even before I clicked on that link.

Your humour bro; is your saving grace - would that IP get himself a good book "about" not taking oneself so seriously all the time :chuckle:

:chuckle:

Palestine really is a tiny rural area a few miles from my hometown.

SaulToPaul 2

I don't know any details about why Hadrian chose that name over others, but it is etymologically related to 'philistine' and both have to do with the fertility cults that were in the area, which God wanted stopped. The word 'phallic' symbol is also related.

Rocky Balboa: "Yo Hadrian!"

john w

Hall of Fame
:chuckle:

Palestine really is a tiny rural area a few miles from my hometown.

Oh, you're now TOL's resident Al Roker, are you, Mayor, with that quip?! Why don't you grab a chair, sit by a fireplace, chat, and tell us how you lost 222 lbs., like Al did? I bet you'd get a kick, spinning that yarn, wouldn't you fella?You beat everything, you know that?

SaulToPaul 2

Oh, you're now TOL's resident Al Roker, are you, Mayor, with that quip?! Why don't you grab a chair, sit by a fireplace, chat, and tell us how you lost 222 lbs., like Al did? I bet you'd get a kick, spinning that yarn, wouldn't you fella?You beat everything, you know that?

Oh sure! You're a regular smart aleck just like that Bobby Fleet fella!