ECT The Most Expected Place to find 'a restored Israel in its land and worship system'

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jeremiah 31:35-37 KJV
(35) Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
(36) If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
(37) Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Deuteronomy 28:11 KJV
(11) And the LORD shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ezekiel 36:21-24 KJV
(21) But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went.
(22) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
(23) And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
(24) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Acts 26:7 KJV
(7) Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Revelation 21:12 KJV
(12) And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Acts 3:21 KJV
(21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Amos 9:15 KJV
(15) And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, you did admit you do not understand his posts :chuckle:

It's obvious to me his agenda is the same as yours - to "preach" on these things as he understands them.

At the same time that he is just as one-sided in his same conclusion that anyone who goes against his views does so because they are up to no good.

Why is it some - within all schools of thought - right off conclude anyone who does not hold their view is right off up to no good?

One sided-ignorance is why.

That and a poor memory of the fact that at some earlier time one had held some views one no longer holds and having once held them had not been out of having been up to no good.

Duh-uh...

Do you believe that there is a Satanic(adversarial) opposition to Israel's Messiah reigning from David's throne (Ps 2)?

Do you believe that it's possible that this adversarial(Satanic) spirit could influence the minds of professing Christians and their doctrines for centuries?

Danoh

Do you believe that there is a Satanic(adversarial) opposition to Israel's Messiah reigning from David's throne (Ps 2)?

Do you believe that it's possible that this adversarial(Satanic) spirit could influence the minds of professing Christians and their doctrines for centuries?

Good question.

I hold a FULLY Cessationist view.

I hold that that which is perfect - the FULL revelation of the Mystery in WRITTEN form - arrived when the Apostle Paul put down his "pen."

The Father fully satisified that His intended revelation of His will as to the Mystery through His written Word had then filled full His Word.

What men then had after that was the Complete Canon of Scripture.

Which they either go by, or go by their own wisdom - of this world - a mix of empiricism and rationalism.

The Adversary?

He was check mated and then some...

Until some point after the fulness of the Gentiles be come - at which point his counterfeit signs and wonders counter to God's will once more be the issue.

In short, the Canon is complete; man has access to it, but the coarse of this world set in men all the way back in Genesis 3 is still an issue.

In all its' forms - in the lost and their natural man's outlook; as well as in the saved - who; coming out of the darkness of that outlook into the light of the glorious gospel of our salvation, nevertheless, at the same time, because the natural man's outlook ends up so deeply ingrained over time; said saved are ever in need of ever having their mind renewed as to the things of God in countless areas through His Word.

You end up with those who have it right, but never have it all, those who have that more than others; those who have some things right but not other things, those ignorant of the fact of their ignorance on one thing or another, and those actually up to no good, for their love of the course of this world.

At the same time, we each end up some of that at one point or another; our conduct toward one another often being just one of other reflections of where we are wilfully looking at a thing from - in contrast to where we are each called to look at things from.

Interplanner

Danoh wrote:
saved are ever in need of ever having their mind renewed as to the things of God in countless areas through His Word.

A good example of an 'area' is this thread.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
@ Danoh:

I'm a cessationist too, but I don't believe that the opposition to Christ ruling from the Davidic throne has ceased, simply by observing the ongoing opposition to the very idea throughout the statements of men, Christian and non-Christian.

Danoh

@ Danoh:

I'm a cessationist too, but I don't believe that the opposition to Christ ruling from the Davidic throne has ceased, simply by observing the ongoing opposition to the very idea throughout the statements of men, Christian and non-Christian.

Then walk by faith, not by the sight of empirical evidence and its rationalism.

You'll note that other than asserting that the Jesus who was proven David's heir by His resurrection from the dead is the same Jesus he asserts gave him his Mystery gospel, Paul does not really focus on that much.

Because that was now on hold and was no longer the focus for now: the Mystery now was.

Interplanner

Tet: He already did it. Sort of. Allegorically.

There is no event like the Christ event. It shattered all previous understandings of history, of prophecy, of what fulfillment was. Last night on Matt 5:17, I heard a comment that 'fulfillment is to make a thing actually do what it was supposed to, instead of run-ups, coughs and spurts.' Jesus did that to the law in a couple ways, but to our point: 'you read the scriptures because you think that in them you have life; it is these that testify of ME.' All of it was to spotlight what was accomplished in Christ, which angels would love to be able to see.

It is time to use the OT for what it was actually supposed to do--like the apostles. The place in the NT where you would most expect a statement about the 'restored land and state' is the end of Hebrews, and the whole letter was going the other direction.